30 Pounds By Christmas 10wk challenge Part 2!

Options

Replies

• kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday: somehow drank 16 glasses of water (I must have been floating), under my calorie goal and exercised for 60 minutes total. I have a really hard time exercising for more than 30 minutes at a time b/c of my schedule and kids, but at least I got it in. I didn't get to do any resistance training though.

As of today I am on glass #7, will be under my calories and have already walked 35 minutes. I am going to ride the stationary bike tonight for 30 minutes and stretch afterwards. I tried yoga once, and it was not my friend. I am SOOOOOO not flexible. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey, could somebody help me....where is the spreadsheet that everybody is talking about? I can't seem to find it.........thanks!
  • Shel2Peru
    Options
    Found it thanks!
  • florasweets
    florasweets Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE 10/27/10

10 Water, Under Cals, 50 minutes exercise, 10 minutes stretching or Yoga for relaxation and flexibility training

got a sick 6 month old.. no exercise today.. unless you count running after her.
    8 water so far and under calories.
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Not a great day for my challenges. Seems when I have a day off I go to heck in a hand basket. I did go over my cals but only by 39 so I feel really good about that. Water only 5 in and no exercise and really no good excuse either. Husband not home, I got my errands all done and took the rest of the day to relax. Tomorrow back to work and I will get it all in. Seem to do better with structured days.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options

10 Water, Under Cals, 50 minutes exercise, 10 minutes stretching or Yoga for relaxation and flexibility training

I did about 65 minutes of cardio, and did the 10 minute stretch/yoga as well. I also stayed under my calories. :happy:

I am working on my water count tonight, but so far I only got 3 in so I am having a hard time meeting that goal. I'll make sure to add 3-4 more glasses before bed. :happy:
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    For today's challenge, I got 38 minutes of cardio, 10 minutes of stretching, 8 cups of water, and I am under my calories. So, not quite there, but close on today's goals.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    IIIII"m BAAAAaaaaAAACK!!!! Yay!!! I have missed all of YOU!

First of all...vampkisses...YOU ROCK. Amazing spreadsheet! Thank you so much for doing this. (i'm not good at keeping up with stuff like that...)

Second, I have missed logging everything!! I tried to add some stuff while I was gone using a friend's iphone, but I am not good with it and it took forever!

Just got back from camping with my hubby for a few days. LOVED IT!! Got some hiking in and tried to eat well, but we did have a splurge night and I ate a lot! :blushing:

You all are amazing! I am so impressed by the weigh ins and the goals you are all meeting! Many hugs and high fives to go around to all of you!

For Thursdays challenge:

12 glasses water!! ( come on!!) :drinker:
    50 Minutes exercise cardio
    10 minutes weight training
    Under calories
    Make a list of what you are looking forward to when reaching your goal by Christmas! Tell us about it!
  • goldilocks007
    Options
    Just checking in. I did a 45 min yoga class and 20 min cardio today, drank my 10 glasses of water and stayed under calories...though I don't feel like it. I hate being so sodium sensitive! I'll probably get in 2 more glasses of water before bed. I need to flood myself with water tonight to make up from lunch!
  • Shel2Peru
    Options
    Just checking in......getting up to 7 cups of water....which is really good for me........and the thing I am proud of which is quite embarrassing is that I finally started my exercise today........did 1 mile w/ Leslie Sansone and just glad that I actually started.......looking forward to NO MORE EXCUSES and keeping at it.......
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Just checking in......getting up to 7 cups of water....which is really good for me........and the thing I am proud of which is quite embarrassing is that I finally started my exercise today........did 1 mile w/ Leslie Sansone and just glad that I actually started.......looking forward to NO MORE EXCUSES and keeping at it.......

Don't be embarrassed sweets!! We all start somewhere. I only began exercising again since this challenge! I know how hard it is and I'm still embarrassed walking on the treadmill and breathing like I'm running a marathon! We can do this together!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Glad to hear your trip went well posh! I've been doing good on my calories and everything. Trying to keep everything in green limits..so far so good! Today my water count is kinda low, but tomorrow is a new day and I usually drink a ton of water when i volunteer at the coffee shop thursdays! (at a senior center)
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Glad to hear your trip went well posh! I've been doing good on my calories and everything. Trying to keep everything in green limits..so far so good! Today my water count is kinda low, but tomorrow is a new day and I usually drink a ton of water when i volunteer at the coffee shop thursdays! (at a senior center)

Good for you little miss volunteer! I love it. I have been thinking of ways I can help out in my community lately. Tell me about what you do. I have seriously been thinking about starting something.

Thanks for the well wishes. We had a great time as this was my belated birthday trip. Now, I'm looking forward to our first trick or treat trip with my little boy! :0) He's gonna be a robot! It's soo cute!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options

Good for you little miss volunteer! I love it. I have been thinking of ways I can help out in my community lately. Tell me about what you do. I have seriously been thinking about starting something.

Thanks for the well wishes. We had a great time as this was my belated birthday trip. Now, I'm looking forward to our first trick or treat trip with my little boy! :0) He's gonna be a robot! It's soo cute!

Volunteering can be very productive- I have to make sure the coffee pots are full, and meet customers demands. I get a lot of exercise in 2 hours alone. I have to run back and forth to the kitchen at times..like if they want a cup of ice i run back and get to it. It can be very busy. I used to work at a thrift store, but stopped because it was more work then i used to and it killed my back with all the lifting and bending. I have a friend that works with elderly that have althemizers just by being there and playing games, cards and having lunch with them. It's very rewarding. :)
  • SanDiegoUbermom
    SanDiegoUbermom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Forgot to weigh in yesterday:

Sadly it to report a gain of 2#'s

Okay, I couldn't count yesterday...I was up 3 pounds :{

10 Stretching/Yoga: No, didn't get there

Posh: glad you had a great time & welcome home!

For Thursdays challenge:

12 glasses water!! ( come on!!)
    Under calories
    Make a list of what you are looking forward to when reaching your goal by Christmas! Tell us about it!

Thursday will be an interesting read w/everyone's lists.
  • kstone1976
    Options
    Just checking in.... I had a cheat night and ate red robin.... Went over my Cal 410 and feel really guilty. Even though I know I dont do it oftern its just makes me feel so bad. I didnt get to the gym today so look like my day was bad.... Tomarrow I will be at the gym doing 50 mins cardio and 30 strengh training and will start my list. I hope I can make the 13 glasses of water.... I just worry about all the time in the bathroom after I drink all that...LOL :laugh:
  • jpease
    jpease Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey ladies....

Is this is a woman exclusive deal or is this for us guys that want to shed a bit of weigh as well?
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through my Thursday at work (it's 2pm) and I already know I can't meet today's challenge as I'm donating blood straight after work- no way I can do 50 minutes of cardio after that! :ohwell: I did manage to get in a little walk at lunch though.

However, I am drinking a TON of water to keep my fluids up (8 cups and counting) and will do some stretching/yoga tonight. I also read on the May Clinic site that donating one pint of blood costs your body over 600 as it has to work so hard to replenish it, so I won't worry too much about missing my exercise goal today.

As for my goal, well I'm mostly excited about two things:
    1) being healthy and fitting into my winter clothes when I see my family for Christmas, and
    2) seeing as Christmas is in summer here, it will be nice to feel comfy on the beach in my bathers!

For Thursdays challenge:

12 glasses water!! ( come on!!)
    Under calories
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options

Water-Done
    I wasn't under cals. and I'm also approaching TOM so wanting to eat EVERYTHING. I was over by about 600 but I'm not feeling too guilty since I rarely ever have cheat days where I'm over like this!
    I did do 70 minutes of Cardio, although I may have to back off since I think I've messed up my knee.
    I also did 10 minutes of Pilates; stretching. I'm not very flexible at all though, lol

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    WELCOME BACK POSH! We Missed U! :smile:

Wed Challenge Outcome:
    Water: 12 cups
    50 min Exercise: 1 hr 50 mins (Dance class and Boot Camp class)
    10 min Stretching: Mild Stretching for 10 mins after Boot Camp class
    Under Cal: Accomplished

JUST IN CASE U MISSED IT

For Thursdays challenge:

12 glasses water!! ( come on!!) :drinker:
    Under calories

Have a Healthy Day! :flowerforyou: