Who's in for a competition!? Monetary prize!

Options
Okay, so I joined a competition with some people on another site and I thought it was a great idea to try and start one here! It's a GREAT motivation to keep at it, especially through the holidays!

Whoever stays in the longest wins! There is no deadline! You must either maintain or lose. If you fail to weigh in, you're out. If you gain weight, you're out!

Competition starts Dec. 1 and ends when only one person is left losing (maintaining).

Rules are:

1) Entry Fee of $5. If sending by PayPal, it would be $5.46 (including fees). There will be 3 prizes given in the form of a Visa or Mastercard Gift Card. The amount will be determined after registration date. (If you register, send me a message for mailing address or paypal address)

2) You must register by Nov. 25th. (NO exceptions) and payment must be received by Dec. 1.

3) You must weigh in every week on Wednesday, starting on Dec. 1, 2010 - post the pic of your scale with your weight that week!

4) This competition has no real end date, since it will just go off of who is the last one still losing/maintaining.

- Courtney

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, I might just try this....
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    OH I like I like...I don't like weighing in on Wednesdays...LOL but its doable.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    OH I like I like...I don't like weighing in on Wednesdays...LOL but its doable.
    Yeah, I didn't either but Dec 1st is a Wed. As long as you weigh in between Mon and Wed of that week, it would be accepted.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. I'll consider it =) Thanks for the idea!
  • mrsewert
    Options
    I've wasted $5 on many other things.... Count me in!
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    :glasses: you can count me in as well.....

wednesdays are my weigh in day - i like it cus you dont get disappointed after the weekend cus you've had some time to catch up! JMHO....
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Oh I like this idea. I think I want to join in.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I just received a message from someone because they said I was trying to rip people off?

I can see where the concern is seeing as I just started my account here (though, I had an account for a few years...don't have that email address to retrieve password) ..I am not doing this to rip people out of $5. Anyway! We can send the money to someone else if people want. I just want the competition for my own personal motivation!
  • SammieD
    Options
    Hi, you ok with £'s or just $'s??
  • mrsewert
    Options
    :laugh: I don't know you or anyone else personally on these boards (ok well I have two of my friends here) but its $5 if you take it and feed your family I guess yay for me for feeding someone's family. I give $5 to the red kettles outside of Walmart during the holiday season. It's $5 not $500. :happy:
  • ashbridge
    Options
    I am so in!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm down. Even if you are trying to rip me off. Its $5. I'll be okay. I just got two free treadmills. It will work out.
  • EternalMysteria
    Options
    I think that person is just mad because they don't have 5 dollars to join the competition. Don't sweat it. lol
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I just might join in - sounds like a good motivator!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I don't "know" Courtney, but she's been on here for some time. Haha, this is what - your third name change?

And, others are right - I've wasted $5 on worse things - like fast food. :blushing:

Since I so need the motivation...I'll likely be in!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I don't know you or anyone else personally on these boards (ok well I have two of my friends here) but its $5 if you take it and feed your family I guess yay for me for feeding someone's family. I give $5 to the red kettles outside of Walmart during the holiday season. It's $5 not $500. :happy:
    This. EXACTLY this!
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    I agree I'm sure we've all wasted more than $5 this week on something - or how about I'm sure we've all wasted $5 in a vending machine on JUNK!
  • dageeus
    Options
    I'm in....sounds like motivation to me!!

2339058.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I don't "know" Courtney, but she's been on here for some time. Haha, this is what - your third name change?

Agreed, Courtney has been on here for over a year...why would anyone challenge her ethics, seriously...just don't be in the competition if you are afraid of being ripped off...why insult someone like that...God, I hate whiners
  • dageeus
    Options
    I would like to participate, to what account do I pay at paypal? Thanks! Debbie