• Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump.. for the new thread.
    Gail, metro ATL
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :frown: I've just seen the news with weather reports from over in the USA. Looks like some of you are getting bad storms and high winds.

Hope all my friends 'over the pond' are safe :heart:

:frown: Apparently we are supposed to get some bad weather in the UK soon. One newspaper had the headline 'killer chiller on the way' I'll have to dig out my thermals! Time to put my summer clothes away me thinks.

Well time to hit the shower then bed.:yawn: :yawn:

Take care and keep safe.:heart:

Viv UK
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Just checking in and catching up with the posts. Today I'm thankful that I can just jump back in after being MIA for almost a week.
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. My DD went to aquafit this morning with me. Grocery shopping done and then home to bed, I've been battling a migraine ever since.

Welcome-ShellyLynn, come back often and post as much as you want. We love to get to know you.

Stay safe everyone that has those thunderstorms/tornado.

Back to work tomorrow

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    hi Kay! looks like that is 2 of us just jumping in to catch up :) Hope all is well with you.:smile:
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just checking in quickly to let all who are in the path of the storms that I am thinking of you. Stay safe!!

Deb A in CNY
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Storms have all passed us. I don't know how much rain we had but that's OK. No heavy winds or tornadoes!! I hope everyone here is safe and sound tonight.

Might be in trouble. I was looking for a good pair of western boots for my youngest GD for Christmas and all I was finding were fake leather with poor reviews. My daughter found a pair on Amazon.com that really matched what I wanted and they were leather. So I signed up for an Amazon account. Since I have found the delight of ordering on line this year I just might be in trouble.

Joyce
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: Had a crazy weekend and it seems the time just disappeared. I cleaned pools on Saturday morning until about 3:00 and then we went to a handbell concert here in town. They had a workshop during the day and then played at 5:00. The guest conductor and bell choir were from St. Olaf college in MN. It was really fun to watch all those people playing with all the different techniques. This morning I sang with Joyful Accord a small ensemble at church and also with the chancel choir. We sang at both the 8:00 and 11:00 services. Got home about 12:30 and then went to the Community play house for "To Kill a Mockingbird". Excellent production! DH and I shared a burger and fries at Fuddruckers and now am home but I am way behind on transcription.

All of you please try to stay out of accidents and medical facilities. Hope all those near the bad weather are safe.

I have not put up any decorations so far and probably will not put up much this year as we are going to Seattle area to spend Christmas with kids and DGD.

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to all with victories especially this time of year. Sue in SD
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Shelley Lynn Con from CA: Welcome to a great group. Good luck on your journey to better health.:flowerforyou:

Michele: I have a mental picture of you coloring your hair that makes me smile. :smile: I don’t know if we’ll put up decorations early or not. One of the things we decorate is our sailboat, and we’ll be doing it on the first nice day we have available. We can turn on the lights any time. They can be turned off any time, too, and taken down when it is convenient. I am so sorry someone sent you such unpleasant messages. I’m glad MFP blocks them as needed.:flowerforyou:

Faith from South Coast UK: It is nice to know a bit more about our “florawanda.”:wink::flowerforyou:

Kelly from Seattle: Good luck finding a weekly group. We’re here every day, and you’re welcome any time.:flowerforyou:

Grandmallie: We all have our over the top days when we eat too much. Good luck getting back with the program. You’ve been amazingly successful here. Hugs.

Viv UK: Nice to hear from you. Stay warm and safe.:flowerforyou:

I spent a good long while sitting and knitting today, but did get a dog walk in with my neighbor. DH and I also went grocery shopping and have stocked our cupboards, refrigerator and freezer. The freezer has no room left and we’re discussing a bigger one. Of course we’d just fill that one, too. DH has in mind to give this one to one of the kids. I see the seeds of envy and bad will in that idea and don’t know how to handle it beyond put up with this freezer. :ohwell:

Be safe and well.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

November goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Focus on fitness: cardio and strength every week
    3. Drink 3 or more glasses of water daily
  • debsanders58
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am Deb from SW PA. Just decided to try joining in a group cuz I've been feeling kind of alone in this weight-loss thing. You all sound like a great group of ladies! I lost 30 lbs from jan--june, but then I just hit a plateau & have been just going up & down a few lbs ever since. I'd like to lose another 20 lbs. I have been going to the gym 5-6x wk & I feel healthy, so that part is good. Been worrying about the holidays coming, so I thought a group might help with that, too.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Helloooo...

So, the PT came and gave Dad a real good stretch massage. Got him on a table and worked all the limbs, shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, wrists, you name it, he worked it. He even got Dad in a frog-legged position! Never thought that was possible. After 2 hours, yes, that's right, 2 hours, he applied heat, then ice packs for 20 minutes. Said it draws the metabolites away from the soreness. Dad was exhausted and slept after Mike left and today did the heat/cold therapy on his hips for sciatica---yes! Barbie! Ice IS our friend.
    Grandmallie- I agree with Katla, you have been very successful on this program and even though our DHs get on our cases, we accomplish so much! Look at all you do, cook meals, tidy and organize AND hold a job! Geez louise (as you would say). My husband is constantly harping about expenses and how he pays all the bills. Well, yeah. If he wanted me to be responsible for all that, we would be living on the street in a cardboard box. The personal successes and the small thoughtful gestures you do are what make you a wonderful personl.
    Michelle- that creepy guy. Why is it that men are always the creeps? Women can be annoying but it seems men are the creepy ones. A guy at dinner last night told me he has a business that sells rehabilitation programs to federal and state penal systems. He said that he has a program for every type of criminal behavior EXCEPT sex offenders. He said they don't rehabilitate. It's something in their chemistry that doesn't change with all the therapy. Ick.
    Kitty cat is curled alongside my leg and toasty warmy.
    Hi Shelly_ welcome to our world. Let us know how you're doing with your MFP program. I try to log everyday...essential to controlling my kcals. I also try to move all day long...I clean as I go, and that's non-stop!
    The storm went through our city but no severe damage although Acorns were flying like bullets! My Halloween/Thanksgiving corn shuck decoration was blown over so I ditched it in the woods and took the pumpkins over to the doorstep. I then blew out the courtyard between the backdoor and garage of all the leaves and debris the storm left behind. Treadmilled for 30min and baked chocolate chip cookies for Dad and DH and three loaves of banana bread for some friends at the bridge center.
    Watching I Dream of Genie...not my favorite, I do like Bewitched(clothes are so cute on Elizabeth Montgomery) and Dobie Gillis.. (on early in the morning)...they were dancing at the soda shoppe!
    Toodles all!
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi My lovely mfp friends. Overslept this morning and missed church. Went to the furniture mart and got a new dishwasher and furniture for the guest room downstairs; a day bed, chest of drawers, and night stand. It will all be delivered 12/7. We could have had it the week before, but didn’t want people installing a dishwasher while we had company!

I am grateful that we can afford to buy this stuff when so many people are doing without even basic necessities. I am also very grateful that we didn’t have any of the tornadoes and other bad weather today,

Kathy: welcome back! Did you have any of the severe weather today?

Joyce: wondering about you and your weather too today

Katla: you make such a good point about how easy it might be to solve problems if we only tried instrad of cried!

Heather: if you ever need a new job, come cook for me!

DeeDee: so glad you are still bossing those boys around! I am in the midst of doing my highlights now. It sure does look a ton better!

Sylvia: good that there are some meds you can switch to and try. And losing weight is the best thing you can do!

Barbie: it’s fun to have some alone time, isn’t it?

BJ: you have much to be grateful for!

Grandmallie: so sorry DH has hurt your feelings. Keep using those arms and the soreness will go away faster…are you eating enough?

Jane: darling picture, It’s hard to believe she is that old already!

Eileen: hope you are not getting sick and that the extra rest will make you feel better!

Lin: hope you didn’t get that bad weather either!

Shelly: welcome aboard! Sounds like you have lovely family

Michele: when I color I wear panties and an old towel I have been using for decades LOL. So no worries about the clothes but I do stay in the bathroom with the vinyl floor because at our old house some dripped on the carpet once. That’s a horrible message you got! Wierdos everywhere I guess! So tell me what is the benefit of the plank?

Faith: all that gardening is a lot of work!

Viv: looks like the winter weather is heading everywhere!

Sandy: another pesky migraine! Hope it goes away soon!

DebPA: welcome to the group!

Well gals I’m about to head for bed. DH feels really tired and like he’s coming down with something so I may get some extra “ just in case” sleep. Oh! Forgot to tell you. I signed up at walgreens for their step program. You earn rewards for exercise, weighing in , setting goals, AND you can like your fitbit to the site and automatically get rewards. Sounds like a good way to get some extra perks! Take care all! Meg in still-nice Omaha
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Watching I Dream of Genie...not my favorite, I do like Bewitched(clothes are so cute on Elizabeth Montgomery) and Dobie Gillis.. (on early in the morning)...they were dancing at the soda shoppe!
    Toodles all!

I loved the Dobie Gillis show, too, but I haven't seen it in decades. I LOVED Bob Denver as Maynard G. Krebs, and later as Gilligan. Thanks for the reminder. How do you watch them? Local TV, Direct TV, or Dish?
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! This always happens to me. I never realize the thread has split off, till it occurs to me that nobody has posted in a long time. I'm such a goof!

I'm feeling a lot better today. I slept great last night and today have been up and around a little. Finally got to take a shower! I even cooked dinner and did a load of laundry and walked partway along with hubby and the dogs. He held both dogs, as I'm not supposed to lift more than 5 pounds with the right hand and 10 with the left. Even little Bruno weighs more than that, and he pulls like a freight train.

Hubby said something nice to me today. After I got dressed, in a long sleeved deep purple tshirt and my black yoga pants, he said "you look very sleek in that!" He's not one for compliments, so that was really nice to hear from him. I think I like "sleek". I came home from the hospital with a colossal fever blister on my lip, so I feel a little gross. His compliment was nice.

Tomorrow I can drive again. Yea! I have a lot of shopping to do. And an appointment with my GP at 1:00.

Have a great Monday!

Sylvia
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Jumping in to save my place!
  • susanrechter
    Options
    Katla- Antenna T.V. It's not cable, I have one of those digital boxes and it only gets local tv, but I like all those old shows. There are 3 stations that have all the old shows...Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock, Gilligans Island, Brady Bunch, George Burns & Gracie Allen, Danny Thomas Show, Gidget, The Flying Nun, The Monkees, Andy Griffiths Show, Sanford & Son. Rifleman, Rawhide, The Real McCoys, The Untouchables, Rockford Files, all day long something nostalgic. Bewitched, I Dream of Genie, Dobie Gillis, Back to back for an hour. Perry Mason, Love Boat, I Love Lucy. Green Acres, Petticoat Junction. They are all on these 3 stations. Oh, and then there are marathon days where they air the same series all day long! I have not seen The Waltons on these stations, though. They are on cable.
  • susanrechter
    Options
    Oh I forgot...one of my favs...Leave it to Beaver.
    My husband likes those shows too. He watches "What's My Line?" on youtube. He knows all the panel...Dorothy Gilgallen(?) Bennet Cerf ? Kitty Carlyle, who else? I can hear him laugh sometimes, he watches episodes all evening long.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sylvia you be careful tomorrow shopping. From your friendly cardiac nurse in Indiana
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Morning all

Just got back from out dog walk and thought I'd check in - so far no one seems to have suffered any damage due to the storms. :drinker: Hope the rest of you are okay,

It's my Monday off work so will be going into town later with mum to get a few things from the £1 shop. I usually stock up with things like toothpaste shampoo and conditioner. I need to look for a few more Christmas presents too. I don't know what to buy hubby this year, as a little extra present this year for my daughter I thought I'd make her a little hamper of all things she likes/needs.

My hubby's birthday is on 7th December, so we usually wait until after that before we put up our Xmas decorations. This year we have a fibre optic tree - bought it earlier this year so not sure how it will look. Last year the cats were still quite young and kept trying to climb up our artificial tree :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Had to keep putting the baubles back on every morning :ohwell:

This will be our first Christmas without our lovely dog Tara - DD is still grieving and said she feels like there's a hole in her heart :cry: She had a special bond with Tara.

It's a bit milder here this morning, made the dog walk with Frankie much better, I love walking, but I don't like cold frosty weather!

I love Amazon! I buy lots of things from there, I've ordered my grandsons pressy and recently sent two cat blankets to a small animal charity in Hull that I found on face book from their wishlist. DD hates shopping so does all her Christmas shopping online with Amazon, she finds some lovely unusual gifts too!

Better get a wiggle on I need to log food - I've lapsed again in that :embarassed: :embarassed:

Happy Monday.:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Viv UK
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello friends:flowerforyou:
    Its my anniversary today, so what better than reading all your posts and being here. School reopened after the diwali break....... so feeling good getting back to routine.
    I had typed out my post yesterday after a lovely walk n the beach with hubby but deleted what I selected instead of copy......
    I am so glad about Sylvia, Joyce and Barbie..... all doing so well:bigsmile:
    The pictures of all the grand children are simply adorable......:love:
    Everyone who is losing weight...... shrinking in size...... a shout out for all of you:heart:
    Grandmallie sometimes we need to eat a little more for a few days and then go back to eating fewer calories to break a plateau, I was told. :smile:
    I love reading all the NSVs..... gives me so much to watch out for rather than just the numbers on the scale. It also makes me thankful for so many more things. Like I feel stronger and fitter than I have ever been..... getting to set new goals...(. Plank for 2 mins):flowerforyou:
    :bigsmile: Katla loved your analogy of your dog being shut in the closet just one push away from freedom....... wonder what all I have missed out through self imprisonment:grumble:
    Wishing everybody the very best
    warmth and prayers to all the ladies here
    Anamika from Mumbai