Tatoos on females

Replies

• I call the chest tattoo the ''beast stamp''. No lady with class would ever think of getting one. And sleeves look dirty. It doesn't look right when you wear a dress or bikini.

Tottaly disagree with this statement .... If the work is good ... its all class! in does not make a woman classy or not ... its the woman wearing the ink and how she presents herself that gives her class. As far as a dress or a bikini ... show your ink ladies and I will look! :love:
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    I'm in the minority here, but I just feel like they're too trendy and played out right now. Every girl has a tattoo, or usually several tattoos. It's not that I think they're not classy or anything...I just feel like it's just another trend that has defined a generation. and I'm well aware of the history of tattoos, I know they've been around forever. They're just especially 'trending' right now. That being said, I have seen some pretty and artistic ones. Not hating on anyone. To each their own.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Hear about the young child who asked a heavily tatooed person, "Didn't your Mom give you paper to draw on?'
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    My tattoos make me smile every time I see them, I don't care what anyone else thinks
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    I personally don't want them and don't have them.

What bothered me more recently was a discussion regarding people with borderline pd and how some use tatoos to self harm. In other words, it is the 'socially acceptable' way to cut yourself (one trait common to a lot of people with this disorder). I think now I can never look at someone with tatoos covering their body and not wonder about them. One or a few is one thing, but all over the body and I have to wonder if they are doing it because they enjoy pain. :-(

a) I have borderline pd
    b) I have a reasonably large tattoo on my upper back
    c) I have self harmed in my past

people who self harm are not doing it to "enjoy pain", and there are as many reasons people use self injury as a coping mechanism as there are people who have mental disorders.

there are a lot of people who get tattoos because they enjoy pain but if they do it's highly likely not related to having a personality disorder. some people like pain. some people won't use any numbing agents or frown at those who do when they get tattoos because they don't think they deserve to decorate their bodies without suffering the pain.

I have always suffered from the disorder my self injury started very young (pre-teen) I got my tattoo after thinking about since I was 16 and redesigning it several times over the years until I finally got it done at 34.

Your attitude toward tattoos, people with mental health issues, people who like pain and anyone who self injures with or without illness as a reason is totally judgemental and quite ill informed. I suggest you try to keep those opinions to yourself.

BPD is stigmatised enough, maybe you could not try not to mention it in future in relation to any negative pigeon-holing, you feel the need to do.
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Hear about the young child who asked a heavily tatooed person, "Didn't your Mom give you paper to draw on?'
    raised prejudice ....wonder what she'd say to an individual of a different shade

Coming from someone that appreciates a good tattoo, I think you made a big leap with that comment. Kids comment about things they are not familiar with all the time. It doesn't mean their parents are raising them to be prejudice. How the parent(s) handled the situation afterwards might give you the indication of "prejudice." That statement alone certainly doesn't.
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    2nm2k5w.jpg
    Mine!

I love this one
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    I call the chest tattoo the ''beast stamp''. No lady with class would ever think of getting one. And sleeves look dirty. It doesn't look right when you wear a dress or bikini.

Tottaly disagree with this statement .... If the work is good ... its all class! in does not make a woman classy or not ... its the woman wearing the ink and how she presents herself that gives her class. As far as a dress or a bikini ... show your ink ladies and I will look! :love:

Exactly. The way they present themselves. Tats aren't presentable.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Can we fix the threat title now?
  • IanBee93
    raised prejudice ....wonder what she'd say to an individual of a different shade

Are you seriously comparing a black or Asian person, to someone with tattoos? Are you really going to go there?
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Great topic!
  • 2Heavy2Long
    Jasmine from Tattoo Nightmares.
    jasmine-rodriguez-tattoo-nightmares.jpg?d=600
  • BUMP
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    BUMP
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    :)
  • 2Heavy2Long

Are you seriously comparing a black or Asian person, to someone with tattoos? Are you really going to go there?
    it's called being a minority and you took it there not me.......

No, you took it there when you responded to the post and brought up "shade." It was a ridiculous leap
  • 2Heavy2Long

No, you took it there when you responded to the post and brought up "shade." It was a ridiculous leap

Ok lets show your ignorance.

I employ my kid to prejudge someone who is different from what she believes is "normal" ie someone without tattoos.....So how does this person feel about other people? I'm sure if someone with tattoos is different to her someone of a different shade is as well.

Sorry I'm in the minority in both of those categories and this is a free site to reply......get off your high horse please before you fall off.

My comment was nothing but a comment to illict the idea we should not be close-minded. Its simple.......if you don't like tattoos on females.....don't get one =] and stay out of the thread that enjoys them.

The only thing you are showing is your ignorance. Perhaps it is because of the prejudice you have encountered in your life. As unfortunate as that is, I still believe your remark about the child's comment was a leap.

And for the record, I have followed this thread because I do like tattoos on women.
  • 2Heavy2Long
    calm down.....geez I'm allowed to post what I want....if it gets your banana hammock in a wad then you personally have a problem lol

Peace be with you

6323705103_0469614de4_m.jpg
  • IanBee93

it's called being a minority and you took it there not me.......

No, you did. You blatantly stated that just because that person insulted a tattooed person, that made them prejudice. Then you compared it to racism. Don't you ever compare someone's NATURAL skin color, to someone who pays for cartoon characters. I don't care how ''artistic'' you think it is, don't ever compare the two.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Aaaanyway...I'm 35 and I just got my first (and possibly only, I haven't decided yet) tat three weeks ago. I've wanted one since the first time I ever saw a person with a tattoo, but held off on getting one until now for various reasons, including not being 100% sure what design I'd be happy with for the rest of my life. I'm glad I waited, and I'm very happy with the one I got; it's my maiden name (which is Arabic) written in Arabic calligraphy. It means a lot to me on many levels, and if it does end up being the only one I ever get, at least I can cross it off my bucket list, haha