5'7" goal weight?

Options
biorach
biorach Posts: 60 Member
Hi!
I've been approximately the size of Texas for about 5 years but recently lost a bunch of weight. I'm convinced that looking "average" is attainable now! So, I'm just wondering what weight looks good on a 5'7", 20-something female!?

SW: 215lbs
CW: 172lbs
GW: 135lbs???

Replies

• salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    135 has always been a good weight for me and I'm 5'7" also
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on how a person carries the weight. I am a 5'7, 35 year old, at 135 I look anorexic. I look normal 155 - 145. I would love to see 155 and I would be overjoyed!! :)

Again, I do believe that it really depends on your body type.

Way to go so far and good luck the rest of the way!!
  • tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    same height! my goal is also 135.

SW: 162
    CW: 150-152 (it fluctuates of course, I'm waiting for it to settle down)
    GW: 135

I could go as low as 125 and then start bulking to add back 10 pounds of muscle be at 135 but with a totally different body.
  • ccb1128
    Options
    I think 135 is a great goal weight. I'm 5'6 and tend to stay around 130.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7, and weigh 137 right now, I think 135 is a good goal weight.it used to be my goal as well, but now I'm concentrating more on my body fat percentage, rather then a weight on the scale. Good luck! You can do it!!!!! :-) I weighed 202 after giving birth to my Son, it took a while, but I finally got the weight off!! :-)
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    5'7 also - I always say 135ish is my goal weight. It all depends on how the last 8 pounds to reaching that go as I want to be toned and not focus on the number (my focus is chiselling away the last bit of "muffin top" :)
  • biorach
    biorach Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    135 has always been a good weight for me and I'm 5'7" also
    you.look.awesome!!!
    I think it all depends on how a person carries the weight.
    I agree, I've always been so big I think I may float away WHEN I get down to 135! :bigsmile:
    I could go as low as 125 and then start bulking to add back 10 pounds of muscle be at 135 but with a totally different body.
    What a wondrous idea!!!! I am seriously going to try this.
    I think 135 is a great goal weight. I'm 5'6 and tend to stay around 130.
    Well you look marvelous. I totally love the underbite/floppy ears look. :love:
  • coonuya1
    coonuya1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Before I had my 2nd child i was 145 at 5'7 and was fine with my weight now at almost 40 I don't think I would like to be 145 let alone 135... I'm shooting for 170, yes i'm currently over,over weight. 204.
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ditto to everyone who says it depends on your body type. I am just under 5'7 and ppl always say to me, why are you working out so much and not eating like you want, you are skinny.... ha! That is a crock. I am not skinny, but it is how I carry my weight. When I tell them how much I weigh, as I am not ashamed, they are shocked and some actually call me an outright liar. But I am currenty 178.6 and I want to get down to 150 as anything below that and I look sick. I have weighed as much as 190 at one point- I think I was retaining water at that point in my life though.

I have been 138, 140, 145 etc.- you get my point, and everyone said at those weights I needed to gain weight as I looked like I had an eating disorder, they were right. My frame carries my current weight well but I would peresonally like it be about 28 lbs lighter.

You have to get to where you look and feel good about you, but for me, its 150.
  • dammitpatrice
    dammitpatrice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and about 136, but I feel like I could loose 10 more pounds and be where I want to be looks-wise. I def have some trouble spots to tone as well! It's going to be different on everyone, I think I have a relatively small frame, so I think being 125ish would be okay for my height!
  • caroduzzi
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and am happy anywhere in the 150s. 155 is a nice weight, but the 140s would be perfection. I have no desire to be what *for me* would be "too skinny" I wear a size 10/11 in the 150s and a size 8/9 in the 140s; size 12/13 in the 170s....currently a size 14/15 at 190 :( Can't wait to even be in the 160s again!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 140. I might re-adjust as time goes on - it's been years since I weighed that and my body has changed with age so I might be happy with a 5-10 lb higher or lower number.
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a female friend who would be 18% BF @153lbs and she also is 5'7". Dont get hung up on the 135 number. Depends how much lean mass you have. Ultimately your goal weight would be determined by looking in the mirror and seeing if you like what you see assuming you dont have access to a bodyfat measuring tool. Women get hung up on numbers when it comes to weight.
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my GW right now is 170. If I get too far below that, I'm not sure I would look healthy.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    At 5'7'', I've been anywhere from 125 to 155. And I almost always fit in the same pant size.

When I was sitting around 130-135lb, I was "skinny fat". Eating low calorie, not lifting weights.

Now since Crossfit, I'm 145lb, and I fit in the same size pants as I did before (size 4-6, depending on the store).

I wouldn't focus on the scale. Make measurement or body fat % goals.
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my GW right now is 170. If I get too far below that, I'm not sure I would look healthy.

I'm going to try to be as sensitive as possible here...but what you're saying is you have 35 pounds more lean mass than the other women who weigh 135 and look healthy? .
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 57 yrs old and weigh 145 lbs..I am 5' 7.5".. I wouldn't mind being 140 lbs but the scale is being stubborn :) I was 183 lbs and I lost close to 40 lbs. I can wear a size 10 instead of a squeezed into size 14 and that makes me happy...
  • kellenas
    Options

So what you're saying is you have 35 pounds more lean mass than the women other women who weigh 135 and look healthy? Interesting.
    [/

I'm saying that for my body type, 170 is a healthy weight for ME.
  • kellenas
    Options
    In my profile pic, I'm about 211 lbs.

ETA: I didn't say that the women that are or want to weigh 135lbs do not or would not look healthy. I'm just talking about me.
  • hoya2011
    hoya2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my GW is 120lbs. CW is 124, SW was 160. I'm small framed though so I have to be on the lower end of the healthy weight range to look normal.