Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Daily weigh in question

13»

Replies

• If it works don't fix it.:wink: I have to log daily. I have medical issues where near daily weight control is essential. Variations of a couple pounds in a day are common place for me.

Even if I didn't have to log/ track/ record daily I would. It gives me feedback and therefore more control.
  • My issue with logging my weight every day is that everyone sees it. I don't want to show the ups and downs that much. By logging my lowest weight I know that I am not weighing water weight, bloating or what have you. Maybe that's wrong? Like I said I haven't logged anything but once a week weigh in so far.

I just now saw this. If you feel you have to weigh in daily, do so, but only log the weight once a week maybe?

Yes that's what I think I will do
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I weigh every day, too, right after I wake up. But I also weigh a couple of times later as well. I only log a weight loss that is lower than my previous weight whenever it occurs.

If you want to see your weight loss trend, weigh every day after waking for a week, write down the amount, and divide by 7 for the average. You'll be able to tell whether you are on an upward or downward trend.

edit: more info added.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    I went through a period of time (about a year) where I weighed daily and recorded it on my calendar. I did it not to obsess over it, but just to track those fluctuations that you just wouldn't notice are a trend unless you tracked for months. It really helped me to see what was going on with my normal ups and downs and now I just weigh-in once or twice a week. I only record losses. I've been lucky in that in the last few weeks, every time has been a loss! I'm sure that will catch up to me soon. lol
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Because I have such a low calorie deficit I have been weighting each day. I only log it in once a week, which is Tuesday. When my calorie deficit was bigger and I had more to lose, I just weighed once a week and logged once a week.

Just do what works best for you.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    I weigh first thing every morning, but I record only when I have lost weight, or when I have gained weight and held onto it for two weeks. I just find it a more optimistic way of doing things...I claim all new lows as "mine" and give myself a LITTLE bit of wiggle room if that's followed by a slight regain for a little while. So far it's working real well.
  • eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Even though i do weight myself every day just to keep tabs on it, I only record it on here once a week, at the same time every week, no matter what it says
  • hmc4
    hmc4 Posts: 27
    Like several here, I weigh near daily (scale hop I call it) but I only record it on Thursdays. Period - it doesn't matter if it went up or down on that recording day, it gets logged.
    I like to be able to see the pattern, and I think its an honest way of logging.
  • okgal247
    okgal247 Posts: 68 Member
    I weigh everyday, same time, and input into excel. I only log into MFP my Wed and Sun weight...regardless if its up or down. The way I look at it weight loss isn't linear but as long as you are trending downward, you are GOLDEN.

I believe in this. I weight myself every day. Yeah- it sucks to see the number on the scale sometimes (I worked my *kitten* off yesterday, but felt dehydrated a lot during the day and probably didn't get quite as much water as I should have- though I did get 8 glasses). Today I am 2.2 lbs heavier than I was yesterday, but I still love to see the downward trend despite the spikes. I have never went back up to my starting weight after about two weeks of using MFP and now I'm in this little range of 132-135, once I jump that hurdle, I'll be somewhere between 133 and 130 for a while, and then hopefully I'll break that too.

I think it's just personal preference. I enjoy the every day log, it doesn't get me down (too much :tongue: )... though I am frustrated today, since I worked really hard yesterday. It's most likely water weight, though-- it can change the number on your scale by 10 lbs! Water is powerful :laugh: