Ladies: What makes the perfect boyfriend?

Options

Replies

• BigCupOTea
    Options
    Moustache and a 1986 IROC Z..... what?
  • pcpharr
    pcpharr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My perfect man would be fun, uplifting, treat me like a queen, be family oriented, faithful, strong
    y'all know..all that junk!

Wrong!... that guy will make it to your friend zone ...

^^^^TRUTH^^^^ LOL
    My husband is funny (not because I laugh with him, but at him...seriously he's ridiculous), is the world's biggest hypocrite, likes to talk ****, plays poker almost every night, and I could probably kick his *kitten*...but that's why he's my husband and not my male bestie...every day is new adventure involving him saying something ignorant, me throwing something at his head, him dodging said object and laughing at me...and then we do the naughty...
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Good gawd I feel old.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    My perfect man would be fun, uplifting, treat me like a queen, be family oriented, faithful, strong
    y'all know..all that junk!

Wrong!... that guy will make it to your friend zone ...

Nope! I actually just described my husband!! ;) 7 years married!

Good Luck.
    Here's to many more. :drinker:
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Nice
    Helps out
    Enjoys family time
    Who is active
    Mature
    Funny
    Independent
    Respectful
    And loves himself for who he is.
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I would not expect anything more than what I can give....and in no order:

Has a life of his own
    Does not obsess about his past -baggage, girls ect
    Me-time don't bother him
    Someone who is touchy feely
    Not insecure
    Adventurous
    Loves attitude and humor
    Cares about his health
    Not jealous
    Can admit when he's wrong
    Able to read my body language when I'm in the mood
    Employed
    Does not take crap from me, or anyone
    Catches me off-guard with attentiveness
    Accepts my flaws, or not waste my time
    One who is glass half full
    A man's man, but one who has that surprising soft side
    A team player
    Someone who knows when to shut the hell up lol
  • catbeers
    Options
    Edited my post above with this, but realize most may not go back and see it....
    Added: @ DeonnPaul -- sounds like you found "The One" for you!

@ OP -- Not every gal wants the same things (thank God...we'd all be after the same man) so before asking others what makes a "perfect" boyfriend/life partner, ask yourself what YOU want. Do you need emotional support? Physical strength? A co-party-er? Someone to gritch at that won't take it personally? We all want things that aren't totally PC, but be honest with yourself and look for your counterpart from there.

That "friends first" thing keeps popping up...maybe us old marrieds know something? It's perfectly ok to just be friends with lots of guys without needing each one to become a serious and monogomous relationship. If you start out as buddies, it means you must have some things in common. If the connection just gets deeper and deeper (even after you see each other at your worst and without trying to be sexy) you've got something from which to build a life together.

When you start a potential relationship by dating, there tends to be a lot of pretense going on from both sides. If you move straight from dating to relationship without really becoming friends, the shock of reality is what splits most couples up. By being friends and engaging in some non-date, casual group or public activities first without romantic expectations, there's a better chance of knowing the real person much earlier.

I know I sound odd -- how to meet without dating? Try your workplace (but not too close), join a church, volunteer at a food bank or humane society, do a fun run, strike up a conversation in the grocery store. Group flirt in a bar (keep your pants on) and arrange for all you gals and guys to meet in the park for a picnic the next day. Join a club or society that does public events (met my hubby at a Society for Creative Anachronism demo). Don't fall for Mr. Right Now just because you HAVE to constantly have a BF. Being single and free to eventualoy choose from your gathered pool of "talent" is great.

Internet dating and set ups through friends seldom really work despite the commercials...you may actually need to indulge your real interests and possibly kiss a few toads (not literally!) before you find your prince.
  • HawtinPhoenix
    HawtinPhoenix Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Edited my post above with this, but realize most may not go back and see it....
    Added: @ DeonnPaul -- sounds like you found "The One" for you!

@ OP -- Not every gal wants the same things (thank God...we'd all be after the same man) so before asking others what makes a "perfect" boyfriend/life partner, ask yourself what YOU want. Do you need emotional support? Physical strength? A co-party-er? Someone to gritch at that won't take it personally? We all want things that aren't totally PC, but be honest with yourself and look for your counterpart from there.

That "friends first" thing keeps popping up...maybe us old marrieds know something? It's perfectly ok to just be friends with lots of guys without needing each one to become a serious and monogomous relationship. If you start out as buddies, it means you must have some things in common. If the connection just gets deeper and deeper (even after you see each other at your worst and without trying to be sexy) you've got something from which to build a life together.

When you start a potential relationship by dating, there tends to be a lot of pretense going on from both sides. If you move straight from dating to relationship without really becoming friends, the shock of reality is what splits most couples up. By being friends and engaging in some non-date, casual group or public activities first without romantic expectations, there's a better chance of knowing the real person much earlier.

I know I sound odd -- how to meet without dating? Try your workplace (but not too close), join a church, volunteer at a food bank or humane society, do a fun run, strike up a conversation in the grocery store. Group flirt in a bar (keep your pants on) and arrange for all you gals and guys to meet in the park for a picnic the next day. Join a club or society that does public events (met my hubby at a Society for Creative Anachronism demo). Don't fall for Mr. Right Now just because you HAVE to constantly have a BF. Being single and free to eventualoy choose from your gathered pool of "talent" is great.

Internet dating and set ups through friends seldom really work despite the commercials...you may actually need to indulge your real interests and possibly kiss a few toads (not literally!) before you find your prince.

You are incredibly wise and just helped me make sense of a few things I have been struggling with. Cheers.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    My husband.
    And, I dont say that only because he is my husband or because he will read this - cause I can guarantee he never will. But, because it took me years of relationship failures and even one divorce to really know what I wanted in a man. When I was a teenager, I thought I knew but I didnt have a clue. I sought a man who would stand by my side, support me in my decisions, be a upstanding parent, tell me when I am wrong and admit it when he is wrong. A man with a big heart, understanding nature, high standards/morals, a sense of true responsibility and a sense of fun. Most of all, a man who will talk to me, share his feelings and truly treat me as if he and I are one the same page at all times.
    My husband is all of that and more.

eta: As much as I love to tell him I found him, he and I both know I am wrong. He found me and I have been blessed every day since.
  • catbeers
    Options
    @HawtinPhoenix (OP)

**blush**
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Nerdy
    Good looking
    Some muscles
    Has a job
    Has a car
    Finished High School
    Graduated college
    No drugs
    Doesn't smoke
    Conservative
    Saves money
    Knows how to do car maintenance
    Doesn't have kids
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Perfect boyfriend?
    Stop chasing unicorns ladies..
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Perfect boyfriend?
    dont go chasin waterfalls...
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Perfect boyfriend?

Cuz y'all don't want no scrub?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Perfect boyfriend?

as long as they aint too proud to beg
  • RaggedyPond
    Options
    Fergie- "If you ain't got no money take your broke *kitten* home."
  • Matt24442
    Options
    SElNaO8.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Fergie- "If you ain't got no money take your broke *kitten* home."

Are you one of those gold digger women?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Perfect boyfriend?

I feel like the whole MFP thinks I'm a gold digger.
    It's really depressing, tbh.
    But it's okay. I still have my ex's credit card. I am going on a little shopping trip to make myself feel better tomorrow.
  • RaggedyPond
    Options
    Who? Fergie?