100 mile challenge

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I just ran 2 miles with the Wii. I have no idea how accurate this is but it has to work for tonight because it has been pouring down rain for three days and I can't go to the gym with a sick family. Hope this counts!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    10/29/10 - 7 miles

Total so far- 9 miles

Gotta get a move on it! Way to go everyone!!!!
  • tkilkenny
    Options
    I just saw this post, but I like the Idea.
    Starting on Tuesday 26th Biking 15 miles outside-weather was gorgeous here
    Weds Biked inside 10 miles
    Thursday Biked 5 miles
    Friday Biked 9 miles=39 miles so far
    Yeah I totally like biking better. Maybe I could try to Bike 300 miles by T-Giving
    If not, I need to get out running this weekend

482195.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I just ran 2 miles with the Wii. I have no idea how accurate this is but it has to work for tonight because it has been pouring down rain for three days and I can't go to the gym with a sick family. Hope this counts!

Oh that makes me mad! I'm jealous. Good going and clever innovation.
  • AmandaJ
    Options

Oh that makes me mad! I'm jealous. Good going and clever innovation.

Thanks - why does this make you mad?
  • MrsSeaShell
    Options
    I added 5.5 miles, 2 from the elliptical and 3.5 from cycling, so my total is 10 so far, hitting the gym again tonight and sat & sun!
    i did another 1.5 on the treadmill and 2 on the elliptical last night
    today i did 1 mile on the treadmill and 3.5 miles cycling
    Total: 17 =]
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing very good and i am glad to hear that you all are working so hard. Got 5 miles in running today and another 5 riding the bike. Puts me at 10 miles for the day and a total of 19 for the week. Keep up the good work.
  • clarkecolin
    clarkecolin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fair play to ye all, thats a great challange to be part off, savage motivation.

Not taking part as just finished a marathon last Monday so I'm on a rest for two weeks.

Good look to ye all.

Colin.
  • ToniMaybe
    Options
    This one seems tough, but I'm up for a challenge...count me in! I'm headed to the gym now to start running some miles!
  • Tyravis
    Tyravis Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey this sounds cool. I have to fix my bike this weekend than I'll start on Monday Nov. 1. I usually ride ten too seventeen miles and when i walk i go four miles. So i usually do something five to six days out of the week. A hundred miles is a great goal. Thanks for presenting your challenge.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Just got back from a 4 mile walk / jog - Man it felt great to be back out there! :smile:
  • ToniMaybe
    Options
    Holy canoli I'm going to need to start catching up to you guys...I started this a couple days late. 3.25 miles down, 96.75 to go! I don't know if I can do all 100 miles before thanksgiving, since I'm a student and 99% of my life is spent studying, but I think if I work hard, I can get them all in by Christmas!!
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    5.75 miles today --- 2.83 on the treadmill & 2.92 on the elliptical..

total so far is 11.2 miles...i'm loving this challenge :)
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I'm in although I only think in kilometers! 100 miles = 161 km so that will be my goal!! I run but since doing my 1/2 marathon a few weeks ago, I haven't had a lot of motivation to get back to it so this will be perfect.
    Kim

Glad to see you here KD!~

Thanks Amanda...it's been a while with a whole lot of maintenance but now need to get back to it!!

At least you maintained I gained! :noway:

Where did you run your 1/2? I just did my first in Victoria (BC, Canada) and didn't run for a week after. I've been back on the road for two weeks now and still hurting, but have signed up for 3 more 1/2's next spring-summer. As long as my body holds together (i've been having back/hip/leg problems) I am going to go for the full Victoria Marathon next October. Physio is my newest money eater :)

I've just started a training program, but with the event seemingly so far away (March) and the weather turning foul its tempting to slack off. This would be great to help me kick start and stick with the program, literally!

I opperate in km so I see 161 the goal... Since Oct 25th I have done 26km.

Do you run by yourself or with a group? I trained for my first two half's with a group but am on my own for the winter (my son's hockey games conflict with group run times) and haven't had great success at getting out there since by the time I can run it is dark outside now and I get nervous. I've decided that the odds of getting attacked at 8:30pm at night are fairly slim if I am running on streets with houses so am going to be more brave this week (plus I've mapped out a 2km loop so can just keep doing that loop during the dark hours and do longer runs on the weekend in the daylight).
    It sounds like we have similar goals as I am planning to run a full marathon next October as well!! I am also thinking of doing a 30km in the spring so need to get back out there with lots of motivation.
    I ran my half in Toronto, Ontario.
    Kim
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    10/30/10 - 3 miles
    10/31/10 - 4 miles
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm in as long as I can use the elliptical for part of my mileage. We have a fitness center at work and I can do this most every day.

So far I have:
    10/25 - 6 Miles elliptical
    10/26 - 6 Miles elliptical
    10/27 - 6 Miles elliptical
    10/28 - 6 Miles elliptical
    10/29 - 6 Miles elliptical
    10/30 - 4 miles walking, 6.5 miles running
    10/31 - TBD
  • rcsewell
    rcsewell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Starting the 25th of october i challenge myself and anyone that wants to get involved to run,walk, or bike their way to 100 miles before the 25th of November (thanksgiving).
    Hey, I'm late to the game, but I'm in. I don't/can't run, but I do bike. Since I'm already a week and approx 25 miles behind you all, I won't feel too guilty about doing it all on the bike. :bigsmile:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    will be fininishing up my Oct miles today. Should get at least 4 more miles in. *wink*
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Did 27.75 miles this week. Amazing to me. I guess where there is a will there is a way.
  • DoDo_78
    DoDo_78 Posts: 34
    Options
    4 miles done today So my total=29 miles.