P90X (November 1st)

Options
12346»

Replies

• mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i just finished the stretch dvd too! now i feel like gumby :) looking forward to the super hard work starting tomorrow!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to start P90X that I did the Stretch X DVD!!! WOWSA - I never dreamed that I'd sweat during a stretch DVD!!!

Ya, it was a workout for me too.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    same here :)
  • supersarah79
    Options
    So do we have a master list of who all is "in" for 1 Nov? I'd like to add them all as friends.

Those who have expressed interest or commited thus far:
    SaraTN
    KarenBorter
    Mallory39
    TheSuperSaiyan
    hewhoiscd
    parvati
    hippiemommy
    mcjabber
    bn1cgitw
    kay2phat
    smith9905
    missmaya24
    mccorml
    dmmihelcic

If I have neglected to add anyone or if you are just reading this thread feel free to quote and add your name to the list.

Lindsay (ectxgrl)

karincakes :smile:

rebeccacaldwe

I just started the other day but I am totally in!!

khollyk

Can't wait! I bought the p90x dvds a few months ago, along with the equipment but somehow life got in the way and I never started. This should be good motivation!

Can I join ya'll!
    I am actually starting insanity Nov 1. But have been done several of the p90X videos with friends.
    SuperSarah79
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    What program is everybody doing? Classic? Lean?
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Classic. More manly...
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too! I started p90x back in August and made it to week three then injured my knee doing the kickboxing.

It was great though (not the injury, the program). It was hard to stick to the time commitment required and that was the part of me that debated about picking it up again but it was such an excellent program that really, I would be a fool not to do it again.

After only three weeks I could tell a difference.

Pay close attention to form!! Even if you do less or go slower, pay attention to how you are doing the exercises. I set up a mirror near where I do it, so I can check myself.

Also, do the Stretch X. I didn't at first and I think I would have avoided the injury if I had been doing it.

The yoga is a tough one, do what you can with that one.

Real name, Donna but I sign most things "D".

D
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    So do we have a master list of who all is "in" for 1 Nov? I'd like to add them all as friends.

Those who have expressed interest or commited thus far:
    SaraTN
    KarenBorter
    Mallory39
    TheSuperSaiyan
    hewhoiscd
    parvati
    hippiemommy
    mcjabber
    bn1cgitw
    kay2phat
    smith9905
    missmaya24
    mccorml
    dmmihelcic

If I have neglected to add anyone or if you are just reading this thread feel free to quote and add your name to the list.

Lindsay (ectxgrl)

karincakes :smile:

rebeccacaldwe

I just started the other day but I am totally in!!

khollyk

Can't wait! I bought the p90x dvds a few months ago, along with the equipment but somehow life got in the way and I never started. This should be good motivation!

Can I join ya'll!
    I am actually starting insanity Nov 1. But have been done several of the p90X videos with friends.
    SuperSarah79
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    shoot me a request on BBteams =]
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Classic ... cuz it's more ma.... err womanly! ;)
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    hah! I'm doing lean 'cause I'm on the edge of not being fit enough for the program I think, and my main goal right now is getting into decent shape without injury. Also, my ceiling is like 18 inches above my head and I'd probably knock holes in it doing plyo, lol.

May do the Classic version for round 2 though.
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello! Can I join? I got my lazy but out of the bed this morning and did chest and back. This is like my 4th day 1, had some issues each time, but I am dead set on sticking with it this time. I think I can do it with my mind set this time and with a little motivation from you guys. :blushing:

Sarah
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 of the lean program. Thought the banana to the boat to the banana to the boat to the banana to the boat and on and on was going to kill me. But I'm still alive! :D
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 Lean. I can't handle the plyometrics. I have abused my 46 year old knees too much and it hurts to jump too much. Core synergistics just about did me in!

It is crazy that such an intense exercise can burn so few calories. I was sweating way more than if I had done an hour of cardio and yet my HRM showed 225 calories by the time I was done. (For logging purposes I subtract what I would have burned had I stayed in bed, so my log in calories was only 170). I may do some cardio later if I have time.

D
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Day 1 of Lean done!!! Core synergistics - I thought I was dying with table top leg raise dips.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    While stalking a couple mfp pals...I came across this thread.( Hello donna and victoria!) I was going to start back up with this program. I have done 2 rounds of p90x an also worked on some running ( did a couple 5ks) and 1 round of insanity the past year. I have had trouble with figuring out the eating...I do believe I was not eating enough. I have lost inches over the past year...but would really love the weight to come off. I am ready to bring it and keep pushing play. I will start the lean program...but will probably warm up on the elliptical, or with a run when weather permits. I am really trying to eat more clean and watching blood sugar. I will be a little behind in photos...but will try to take them this evening. So it looks like Core for today....I love that workout! I still have about 45 pounds to loose. Good Luck everyone!
  • TheSuperSaiyan
    Options
    Starting p90x over with classic "week 1" now, then onto ab ripper x, will post "before photos" soon. Anyone feel free to add me so long as you plan to stay in contact =)
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    yay! seems my calendar has straighten out on team beachbody! that makes me happy LOL
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My apologies for the delay! It was a hectic weekend and then I had computer issues last night... ugh.. nonetheless the new link is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/131000-p90x-november-1-bring-it