Options

Replies

• 4thoseilove
    Options
    *bump*
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Robin: As the days get shorter and it gets colder, it seems like my energy goes into hiding. I think this is when we need MFP and bright lights the very most. I’m doing better so far this year. I hope you'll find ways to boost your energy and feel better.:flowerforyou:

Juanita in Sudbury: Snow is there? What is your latitude? I’m always curious about latitude, day length and weather. We are barely above the 45th parallel (45.2551.89' according to my navigation program,) and days are noticeably shorter now. I have added lights to the point you could do surgery in the kitchen, laundry room and our bathroom. Other rooms lag behind, but are brighter than they used to be. :laugh:

Joyce: I love your gratitudes. I’m also thankful to technology. Yesterday I got to talk to my son on the telephone from the other side of the earth. It was fabulous. :heart: :bigsmile: :heart:

Grandmallie: I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Getting rid of candy is a good idea.:flowerforyou:

Molly in WV: Welcome back!:flowerforyou:

Renny: I bought a yoga DVD at Costco last spring and don’t like it much. Part of the reason is my living room. Our TV is mounted above the fireplace, a LONG way from the floor. I just checked out a couple of Yoga DVD’s from the library and will see what I think. I haven’t had a chance to try them yet. Does your library have any? It might be a good place to start.:flowerforyou:

Meg: I’m glad to see you. This has been a beast of an illness for you. Sending good wishes for better health.:flowerforyou:

I cleaned out my refrigerator’s freezer today and threw out a bunch of stuff. It is now nicely organized and the garbage is outside in the trashcan waiting to be picked up tomorrow. We’re looking at refrigerators with dutch doors on top and the freezer in the bottom. Let me know if you have one and like it. I’ll want to know what kind it is. Ours is more than 15 years old and DH has had a premonition that it will have problems soon so he wants to replace it asap. I'm a tightwad and never want to spend money. :blushing: :ohwell:

I finally got DH to go to the rehab fitness center to exercise. He came back complaining that he’d hurt himself. I’ll nag him to go again day after tomorrow. I think he had on the wrong shoes. Cowboy boots are NOT suitable. Tomorrow is yoga, and is likely to be my last class until some time in December. My teacher will be out of town on a family matter. I’ll miss yoga, and will likely spend more time at the fitness center.

Take care.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

November goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Focus on fitness: cardio and strength every week
    3. Drink 3 or more glasses of water daily
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I woke up again at 2 AM and read for awhile before going back to sleep until the alarm went off.....this was one of those very rare mornings when I just couldn't drag myself from under the covers and I lay there thinking of all the modifications I could make to my morning and still get to the meeting at 7 AM, then the phone rang and it was Jake who had been on the road for two hours already and was almost to Oregon. Then I knew I wouldn't go back to sleep so I got up and got everything done in a timely matter. Jake continued his northern trek and in spite of his promise to take two days to get home, he drove straight through the almost 700 miles and got home about 2:30. He unloaded the car, had a snack, fed the dogs, walked them, and took a nap.

:flowerforyou: Today was my yearly visit to my doctor to get my cholesterol prescription renewed. He looked over the lab results and said everything was great and listened to my heart and lungs, this will be my last visit with him because he's switching to geriatrics and will be dealing with people in nursing homes and assisted living so next time there will be a new doctor---a woman.

:flowerforyou: Joyce, I don't agree with the people who say bad things about TV......there is so much worthwhile on TV and we each get to decide what our definition of "worthwhile" is....I frequently put TV on my gratitude list.....most recently because of the figure skating competitions.

:flowerforyou: Viv, I sent Mimi a personal message but have not gotten a reply.....I miss her too.

:flowerforyou: DeeDee, when I walk in the house, Brandy and Sasha come sniffing around me as though they think I might be planning to go walking outside and they want to go too.

:flowerforyou: Laura, you’re fortunate to have a spouse to share your weight loss journey……my hubby has been doing this with me…….he’s not as fanatical as I am but he has the same values about healthy eating……he can’t do as much exercise because of his heart.

:flowerforyou: Barbara from Idaho, I have missed you.

:flowerforyou: Jodios, your enthusiasm for the holidays is contagious….you know how to enjoy them and how to be giving and generous.

:flowerforyou: Pat, stay in the moment, don’t let other people’s problems get you down………all you have to be concerned with is buying pants and not losing your plane ticket.

:laugh: Robin, kicking your own butt would be good exercise

:bigsmile: Molly, welcome back

:flowerforyou: Renny, I like Rodney Yee’s Yoga for Beginners

:flowerforyou: Katla, we are just above the 48th Parallel and the days are getting really short…….Renny is north of me.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful chilly NW Washington

2506167m2q75z4kbu.gif

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    grandmalle - mimi hasn't been here for months. I don't know what the story is there. Hope she's OK

DeeDee - yup, her recipe called for a CUP of oil. At least it wasn't crisco or lard. But still....glad I wasn't eating it. I did put a little in another pie dish to try. However, when I went to take it out of the oven, I spilled it. Oh well....no big loss (but I wouldn't say that to Jessica). You know, I don't know what it is, but in a way it bothers me that Lynette said "is there something you can eat there". There isn't anything that I can't eat. I just prefer vegetables and not a lot of sauces or butter, stuff like that. Maybe it's because Vince says to me "you never used to eat like that." and when we go out to eat he'll ask me "is there something you'll eat there"?

Did about 20 minutes of yoga today, held my plank for 2 min 30 sec, and then took the extreme pump class for an hour. Came home and started baking. Jessica is going to see a friend of hers in TN and she's expecting me to make something for them. I made some funfetti cookies. Then, since I'm not sure if Jessica will eat them, I made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I halved the recipe and it STILL made a lot. Well, we're invited to an open house later in December so I put half of those cookies aside in the freezer to take with me. Then I went to Aldi since tomorrow is supposed to be nasty weather (what they call nasty down here to me is relatively mild) so I'll maybe make more cookies for the open house and needed eggs and some other things.

I'm supposed to get my hair colored tomorrow, then depending on the time I'll go play mahjongg. Or else I'll come home and make some more cookies for the open house. I'll do a DVD that's for the rebounder tomorrow. Then I'm going to have an interesting breakfast, a Boca burger on a Nature's Own Round with mustard. Something different. I forget who it was, but I was checking out someone's menu and they gave me the idea.

Laura - that's so wonderful that you and Carole are on the same page as far as healthy eating is concerned. Love your attitude towards food. That's about mine, nothing is off limits, there are just some things that I'd prefer. After a while I got to the point where if there's much oil in something, it turns my stomach.

katla - I hate going to stores and listening to Christmas music. Not yet. I was watching Bobby Dean's show "Not My Mamma's Meal". Anyway, he made a chicken pot pie and instead of the heavy crust, he used phillo dough. I would never have thought of that, but it makes sense. Oh, how wonderful that your son called!!!!

Heather - your Christmas present sounds absolutely awesome!

Joyce - your doctor sounds great. Glad hubby decided to go with him.

Gail - I'm with you, people should at least acknowledge you and make an attempt (at the least) to call you back. Yesterday I put my water bottle in the car and didn't think about it. When I got to exercise class, the water had frozen. Fortunately, only a little bit of it froze so I just had very cold water. Usually I can finish the entire bottle in an exercise class, but with it being this cold, today I didn't finish it all. But that's OK, because I came home and boiled a little water to put in the bottle. It melted whatever ice was left.

Pat - welc ome back!!! Boy, you sure have a lot on your plate. I wish you all the best

Stopped at the Y today, not to exercise but to mention about the fact that I suggested having yoga there. Unfortunately, I didn't know that they had a cass scheduled at 9. Oh well....nothing will probably come of that anyway. When people make a donation to their Chidren's Fund, they'd like to send the people a "thank you". This is in addition to the "thank you" that lists the amount they donated so they can use that for tax purposes. Anyway, she asked me to help write out the notes. That I can do. Call for a donation? No way! Write a thank you? Not a problem. I also took the other 1/4 of the chocolate cheesecake there (I'd taken 1/4 to the place where I take the extremepump class and given Jessica and Kris the other half. So now it's all out of the house, which works for me)

molly - sending you virtual chicken soup

Meg - feel better fast, but glad you're back here. I was going to recommend the Rodney Yee tapes. I have one that I use "Yoga for Your Week". It's basically 5 twenty minute workouts. I also have his Yoga Burn DVD, that's a bit more intense.

Renny - before buying any DVD, I always check out the reviews. You can get a lot of good information from other's reviews

katla - our refrigerator has the French doors and the freezer on the bottom. I love it. Check out Consumer's Reports to see their recommendations. We subscribe to their magazine and get a questionnaire about which appliances we have, repair records, etc.

barbie - I hope you like the new doctor as much as the one you have now.

Michele in NC
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Katla I had to do some research but found that sudbury is46.4900 dgrees north and 81.0100 degrees west
    Its light here just after 7am now and dark at 4:30 sure look forward to after Christmas when it stays daylight longer.my poor DH when he was working never seen daylight on his day shifts went to work in the dark then worked underground 1 mile down in the mines and then came home in the dark, he really got depressed in the winter.
    Happy thanksgiving to you and yours

Juanita in sudbury
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Katla, I have a French door, freezer on the bottom refrigerator. It's a Kenmore from Sears. I love it. I was really glad when our side by side died so I could get a new frig. My choices were limited because my appliances are off-white, and they barely make any in that color. The only thing I would change is to have a taller ice and water dispenser on the front. I can't put a water bottle under mine.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! Enjoy your day.

Eileen near San Diego
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies,

Just a quick stop tonight; wow, this thread can really get away from you! Couple comments on things discussed, not sure who all was involved.

Our fridge is about 5yrs. old; got a bottom freezer this time and no regrets.

On cold feet..........As far as I'm concerned, the electric mattress pad is priceless; wouldn't trade it for the world. When I grew up in Pa. we didn't heat the upstairs and sometimes even had frost on the inside of the windows so I do appreciate a cold bedroom as long as I have plenty of covers, and now, the electric mattress pad.

Heather.........Very happy for your son!!! Major congrats to him.

Off to bed, g'nite,
    yanniejannie
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Evening lovelies,
    Thanks for the welcomes back and the understanding encouragement. Logged every bite, lick and sip today, and even walked up the ramp in the parking garage. Good thing too as Scottish Country Dance Class called it quits a little early (and my knees were happy it did!).

Sleep sweet all!

animal-emoticon-0064.gif
    Barbara, the SW Idaho AHMOD of the healthier waist in 2013.

2013: Focus on the important stuff
    Today: Log like Mary, every bite lick or sip
    Just for now: trust, let go of anger, be a little kinder than necessary.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Katla I had to do some research but found that sudbury is46.4900 dgrees north and 81.0100 degrees west
    Its light here just after 7am now and dark at 4:30 sure look forward to after Christmas when it stays daylight longer.my poor DH when he was working never seen daylight on his day shifts went to work in the dark then worked underground 1 mile down in the mines and then came home in the dark, he really got depressed in the winter.
    Happy thanksgiving to you and yours

Juanita in sudbury

It took some looking at maps to realize that you're a bit further north than we are, but not as much as I thought. Thanks for sharing.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: :flowerforyou: Bump for later

:flowerforyou: Welcome back Barb :drinker: :drinker:

Happy Tuesday

Viv ( disorganised and late as usual :ohwell: ) cold UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Meg- so glad you are back!:flowerforyou: When DH and I had a horrible cough it took us quite a while to get back to normal. We must have given it to you!:noway:

Yoga in an hour. :love: Then this afternoon I'm going to make zucchini tots from skinnytaste.com. They are for DGS when he comes for Christmas. Should be tasty, but you never know with toddlers.:tongue:

I'm going to book our Christmas present hotel today. I've found one that has a Michelin star for its restaurant, about an hour and a quarters drive away in our E type Jag!! ! ! ! ! ! :laugh: :laugh: :love: We pick up the car at 5pm and get to keep it until 5pm the next day. Here's hoping for good weather in April as it would be nice to have the top down for a bit.
    I am going to buy a small toy model of the car for DH to open on Christmas Day.:heart:

Trying to think about the Boxing Day food now. DS, DDIL, DGS & DGD are all staying over the extra night, which I hadn't anticipated, so have got to think of MORE food. My brain has turned to mush. I'm thinking salmon for a main, but I think we will want lighter food for the rest. I was going to do a freezable cheesecake, but DH went pale when I mentioned it. :embarassed: I can't think much beyond actual Christmas Day and DH's daughter is down for the two days before Christmas so I want to have everything done and sorted before that. I'm glad I haven't got Thanksgiving to cope with as well!

OK, must get ready for yoga.

Love Heather in sunny, cold, Hampshire UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    been up since 4:45 ,the dogs are fed, one had his meds and have been out in the backyard for there morning stuff. having my lemon water and icing my heel,my heel hurt like it used to last night,so changed out shoes and it might be time for new orthodic's
    I did weigh myself this morning and it wasnt pretty:embarassed: but will be better. I dont go into work until noon today, so might get some of the stuff together for thanksgiving...
    Going for a race walk first.. later tonight and tomorrow we are supposed to get torential rain,so have to get stuff up off the floor in the basement and have the sump pump ready just in case:grumble:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Still lurking :wink:
  • lajpeck
    lajpeck Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,

I have a day off so just relaxing and cuddling the min pin before heading out to the gym.

Katla - yes Chi is short for Chihuahua. He is all black and he is Carole's baby. Lucky is my baby and he is a Black and Tan Miniature Pincher.

Barbie - Yes, it is great to share in the healthy eating with my spouse. It makes it much easier when bad things are not in the house.

Michelle - I knew with the weight loss this time if I had a better attitude about all kinds of food I had a better chance of getting where I wanted to go. This week will be the first time in quite a while I let myself go in the red for a couple of days but I have decided I can do this and not derail myself. It is a feeling of knowing I can make good choices and that now and then I can go over my calorie goal with it being the end of what I am doing.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am going to rest up the next two days before facing the craziness that will be Thursday and Friday.

Laura
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    well that is what i get for getting up early:laugh: , have the green bean casserole, homemade cranberry sauce and stuffing all done and in the fridge, went for my race walk, and am getting ready for work...
    Have to take the boys for a walk, i am getting the demand bark:laugh:
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies-

Well, I missed OA again today because I did not set the alarm. That's probably ok, because I do have a bunch & a bundle to do before I can get on that plane on Thursday.

My PeeVee is still not walking well on that leg, I think he did a lot of soft tissue damage, and I am worried about him. I just don't have another $400. to spend on him right now. I think as long as he is walking on it at all, I will just wait it out with him. Tomorrow when I move him over to the kitty-sitter's house, I will give him a dose of his pain med. Hopefully, it will relax him a little and keep him more comfortable with the ride.

Today I have to reship a box back up North. It was supposed to have been delivered to Bill's house, but they sent it here. Just one more thing for the list!

Food was ok yesterday. Because I was on a cleaning mission, I had extra calories to use, so I was OK. The hard part was out shopping when everyother store on the strip is a restaurant, cafe, or grocery! Geez! Starting all over again is hard.

For Today:

Brk: 2 sl toast w/ p.butter; lots and lots of coffee!
    Lnch: flat bread w/ skinny cheese and skinny ham
    Snck: yogurt and fruit
    Spr: fish? and sweet taters and some veg

Have a great Tuesday!

Pat (Phoo)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,934 Member
    Options
    Good day ladies!

I have been very busy, but just wanted to post that I am really enjoying the Curves and glad I joined! The diet is strict but I am on day 2 and did well yesterday. I have read up to page 8 so am getting really behind! Simply no time..... As my mother used to say "no rest for the wicked!" :laugh: I must be very 'wicked'! :devil:
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Things are cold here and getting colder today and tomorrow. The water going in to the washing machine has frozen up again, so no laundry can be done for a few days. Darn.

I stopped by my son's house yesterday and he told me he is sleeping in the living room, so their marital problems must be getting worse. Something else for me to pretend not to worry about. My son and his kids are coming to my house for thanksgiving and the DIL and her son are going to her dads.

I think I'm trying to come down with a cold. Sneezing, coughing, sniffles and a tiny bit of sore throat. So I'm trying to rest as much as I can and stay in out of the cold. I have three HUGE fever blisters on my lips, which add to the crud feeling. Oh joy.

My weight has been pretty much stuck for a few days, so instead of calling it a plateau I'm calling it short term maintenance. If I can keep it here through thanksgiving I'll be a happy camper.

Well, gotta go back to bed. Have a great day everybody!

Sylvia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Didn't do the zucchini tots, didn't make the telephone call - went to bed instead and fell sound asleep for over an hour. :noway: :sick: :yawn:
    I always get this mini flu with a sore arm the day after my jab, although the medics say I shouldn't. Well, four years running I have!:ohwell: The good news is it only lasts half a day. I already feel much better and the soreness is almost gone. I was flat out - didn't hear DH go out, come back and start cooking. I didn't hear him come up and check on me before he went. It was a lovely nap!:laugh: I hope I sleep tonight now.

The yoga hall was freezing this morning as the heat hadn't come on. We struggled through with the blowers running, but I was cold and my mini flu didn't help! :noway: :ohwell:

I am reading one of Donna Leon's books. Do any of you know them? They are detective stories set in Venice with a Commisario called Brunetti. DH and I love them and have read loads of them. They slip down! :bigsmile: :tongue: Great for plane rides.

Hake tonight, baked Chinese style with fresh ginger, scallions, garlic and low sodium soy sauce and a touch of sesame oil. Broccoli, and a bit of rice. I usually mix some peas into the rice to make it a bit healthier. Glad I feel a bit better now.

Love to all. I know you will be gathering pace for the holiday - KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON - as we say over here. :laugh: :wink: :tongue:

Heather UK x x x ooo
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy tues.
    Have a great day!
    hugs
    jane