November Fast Food Challenge

Options
Hi all! I did this for the month of September and it was effective. Basically, just comit to not eating fast food for the month of November. You can tailor it to you liking. For me, I avoided fast food - including Pizza. I allowed myself to go to Subway as I feel that is a healthier alternative for me. I also allowed myself to go to fast food for coffee and drinks (I really only get unsweet iced tea, but I love it).

So, who's with me...

Replies

• ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    As I just ate lunch (taco bell:embarassed: ) I will start NOW!!
  • Dispathio
    Dispathio Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You may never want to eat fast food again. My daughter told me about a movie called "Super Size it". She said that it was disgusting what goes into fast foods. I havn'e had fast food now for 2 months. So, I am with you,
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I'm in!!

:drinker:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    You may never want to eat fast food again. My daughter told me about a movie called "Super Size it". She said that it was disgusting what goes into fast foods. I havn'e had fast food now for 2 months. So, I am with you,

I wish! I did this for September. I did pretty good for the month, but have started eating it more...too much for my liking, so a new challenge for me!!
  • apeman
    apeman Posts: 82
    Options
    Does she mean Super Size Me? It's a one month documentary on McDonalds. Watch it! It's disturbing.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options

My daughter has also seen that movie; I haven't though. We haven't had fast food in about 2 months as well. Once you've stopped making it a habit, it's pretty easy to to forget about it.
    My daughter and I do treat ourselves to pizza once or twice a month and that's it.
  • Dispathio
    Dispathio Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's it.
  • sdonohue
    sdonohue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in as long as once a week at subway is allowed.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    As I started reading it, i was like CRAP I had subway for lunch! LOL But I am soo in for this! :)
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOOOO IM IN!!! resisting Pizza will be hard!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My personal goal is to not eat anything that I didn't make myself at all for the month of November. No meals in fast food or restaurants. The only exception is on the 19th when we go see Harry Potter---I'm totally going to have a coke and popcorn at the movies! But that's it!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Count me in as long as once a week at subway is allowed.

People will tell you that Subway can be just as bad as the others, but I allow myself Subway for those times that I don't have many options. I do like their salads a lot, with vinegar. MMMM
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    In!:wink:
  • Braylei
    Braylei Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I think this will be great for me!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Yay - happy to see all the great faces!! I hope we can push each other to go the whole 30 days! :bigsmile:
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    I'm in! We've been making Pizza at home, that way we can control what goes on it and in it! yum!
  • katschy
    Options
    I will give this a shot, and maybe use a nice light Subway sub as a treat for myself :)
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I went 6 wks from sep - oct w/ out it... wasn't all that hard. I'll do it again. We have pizza at least once a week - but we usually make our own :) Sometimes, in a pinch, I allow myself to get a Chili and salad at Wendy's. It's not really fast food... and it's low cal, high fiber, high protein. I haven't had any taco bell in 2 months! i used to eat there weekly... ugh
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    i can commit to this. i dont eat much fast food as it is. Lunch time is the most dangerous time for me, there are those days when im too lazy to bring my lunch and i reach for taco bell. Not this month. I'm going to vow to bring my lunch from everyday. :]