Are you a douche if you work out on Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    I will be joining about 10,000 of my closest friends for run Thursday morning. If you're a douche for exercising on Thanksgiving, then I must live in douche-land!

^^^This!^^^ However, I will not be joining 10,000 of my closest friends. Nor will I be running Thursday morning. But everything else, yes! :tongue:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I will be joining about 10,000 of my closest friends for run Thursday morning. If you're a douche for exercising on Thanksgiving, then I must live in douche-land!

flash mob? :huh:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Running a 5K in the morning....not a douche....will post on FB...lol
    Good for you!
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Turkey Trot in the AM, so I'm douching it out. Maybe some weights at home. At the least, I'll feel less guilty during dinner when I demolish the bird. Which is the word, apparently.
  • shortie_cheryl
    shortie_cheryl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am so working out on Thanksgiving - I am planning 2 workouts before I leave the house at 11am! Can't wait to get them done! Nothing douchey about it!!!!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I am a douche.
    Have been every Thanksgiving since I can remember.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I will be getting up my usually time, 5:30 am and doing walk and than weight lifting. :bigsmile:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    imma be furious if my gym is closed!
  • rileyhunter169
    Options
    I'll be doing a short 3 mile run with sprints at the end; then doing basic calisthenics. Today I ran 5 miles; did yard work; and I'll be having 2000 calories; tomorrow with 500 calories or less a long day of high volume weight training with some elliptical action. I'll deplete glycogen basically so I can go back to normal on Friday; rapid fat loss starts Monday; lasts 2-4 weeks; pretty much the low carb warrior diet. First 2 weeks of Christmas break I'm taking a week off though on exercise; just weights; getting shin splints again.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna hit up an early cardio session before I head to my parents and eat like a fat kid. Cannot wait!

THIS^^^^^^
  • Wendeee718
    Options
    Ill be doing a quick 3 mile run in the morning of thanksgiving...I HAVE to if I want to enjoy the feast I will prepare.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options

I found out my gym is closed Thursday AND Friday!

I was going to work out on Black Friday...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I found out my gym is closed Thursday AND Friday!

I was going to work out on Black Friday...

Better than fighting to the death over a $3 toaster.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    i just don't want to be fat anymore - i don't care if that makes me a douche.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'll be lifting while the turkey is in the oven.

I'm a douche everyday though, so I don't think I can help you with your question.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Meeting my personal trainer on Wednesday and then in the a.m. will do a cardio workout in the privacy of my home in honor of Thanksgiving. Thankful that I have body parts that work.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Get that metabolism fired up and feed those aching muscles with turkey!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    People aren't douches for doing what makes them happy, even if it's not approved by everyone.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Better than fighting to the death over a $3 toaster.

Never shopped Black Friday... never will! LOL
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily.