Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Are you a douche if you work out on Thanksgiving?

Replies

• She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    I will be joining about 10,000 of my closest friends for run Thursday morning. If you're a douche for exercising on Thanksgiving, then I must live in douche-land!

^^^This!^^^ However, I will not be joining 10,000 of my closest friends. Nor will I be running Thursday morning. But everything else, yes! :tongue:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    I will be joining about 10,000 of my closest friends for run Thursday morning. If you're a douche for exercising on Thanksgiving, then I must live in douche-land!

flash mob? :huh:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Running a 5K in the morning....not a douche....will post on FB...lol
    Good for you!
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Turkey Trot in the AM, so I'm douching it out. Maybe some weights at home. At the least, I'll feel less guilty during dinner when I demolish the bird. Which is the word, apparently.
  • shortie_cheryl
    shortie_cheryl Posts: 19 Member
    I am so working out on Thanksgiving - I am planning 2 workouts before I leave the house at 11am! Can't wait to get them done! Nothing douchey about it!!!!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    I am a douche.
    Have been every Thanksgiving since I can remember.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    I will be getting up my usually time, 5:30 am and doing walk and than weight lifting. :bigsmile:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    imma be furious if my gym is closed!
  • I'll be doing a short 3 mile run with sprints at the end; then doing basic calisthenics. Today I ran 5 miles; did yard work; and I'll be having 2000 calories; tomorrow with 500 calories or less a long day of high volume weight training with some elliptical action. I'll deplete glycogen basically so I can go back to normal on Friday; rapid fat loss starts Monday; lasts 2-4 weeks; pretty much the low carb warrior diet. First 2 weeks of Christmas break I'm taking a week off though on exercise; just weights; getting shin splints again.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    I'm gonna hit up an early cardio session before I head to my parents and eat like a fat kid. Cannot wait!

THIS^^^^^^
  • Ill be doing a quick 3 mile run in the morning of thanksgiving...I HAVE to if I want to enjoy the feast I will prepare.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member

I found out my gym is closed Thursday AND Friday!

I was going to work out on Black Friday...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

I found out my gym is closed Thursday AND Friday!

I was going to work out on Black Friday...

Better than fighting to the death over a $3 toaster.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    i just don't want to be fat anymore - i don't care if that makes me a douche.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    I'll be lifting while the turkey is in the oven.

I'm a douche everyday though, so I don't think I can help you with your question.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Meeting my personal trainer on Wednesday and then in the a.m. will do a cardio workout in the privacy of my home in honor of Thanksgiving. Thankful that I have body parts that work.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Get that metabolism fired up and feed those aching muscles with turkey!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    People aren't douches for doing what makes them happy, even if it's not approved by everyone.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Better than fighting to the death over a $3 toaster.

Never shopped Black Friday... never will! LOL
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Not necessarily.