Are you a douche if you work out on Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• POTELoewee
    POTELoewee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I certainly will be... the gym is open so don't think I will be the only one either. When you have a goal to meet, you do whatever it takes...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    doing a 5 mile turkey trot that morning.

so yes.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Of course not. I think with the exception of Christmas Day, I'd work out on any day of the year as long as it was in my routine. As others have said, it's only being a douche if you use it to shame others who choose not to workout then.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I would rank your douchiness factor more on the fact you made this thread rather than the fact you used to work out on Thanksgiving
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Nope, not at all. Unless somebody is slaving away in the kitchen and you could be a big help. I run a Turkey Trot race on Thanksgiving Morning since I don't host Thanksgiving (I host Christmas instead).

Get it done early, spend the day with your family & friends, it's all good.
  • curlyloca
    curlyloca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Working out wiki guarantee I get out of bed early from Wednesday night shenanigans !
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't leave for my brother's til 1:40. So there's no reason not to work out Thursday morning. A lot of scheduling gets messed up on a 4-day weekend. So being able to get in a bike in the morning makes me feel a bit more comfortable about everything. It also improves my mood, which is helpful when I'm going to be spending time around my sil.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    If your thanksgiving plans revolve around a dinner and that's it, and you have the luxury of being able to treat the morning like any other Thursday morning, go right ahead. But if your family plans for Thanksgiving are all day long and you're ditching them for a portion of it to get a workout in, then yeah. That's a pretty douchey thing to do. For my family our plans don't begin until around 3pm so I have the good fortune of being able to treat it like a workout day if I want to. But I won't, because full body workout wed means rest thurs.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Unless your work out involves inseminating the turkey dinner then, ah, no.
  • stephygetsfitt
    Options
    of course not! As long as you make some QT with your family if it is warranted ;)
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    LMBO, I'm going like I do any other day....and posting on all my social media sites..lol! This will be day 4 this week.

In my defense, I have a fitness group for my job and a fitness women's page, with over 200 women on Facebook, so I post daily.

I plan to enjoy my food that day too, so getting my workout onnnnnnn, so I can grub!

Douche...maybe! But a fit douche! Holla, Shan
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5K, does that count as a workout? ... I average 7 minutes per mile ...
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My gym is 24/7...I plan on utilizing it Thursday morning after I get some dinner prep done. Having a late dinner so I have all of the first part of the day to myself. I don't think that makes me all that douchey.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'll get up and put the turkey in the oven and cook nonstop until dinner around 3 p.m.

I'm guessing that many of the people here are eating meals prepared by others. I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner, but it is very time consuming and a lot of hard work.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Running a 5K in the morning....not a douche....will post on FB...lol

Is it like a turkey trot? I almost did that this year, but considering I'm cooking and the event started at 6AM and was roughly 45 minutes from home, logistically it just didn't work.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Nope - its just a day like any other....
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    well I hope not because that's the one day I should not be slacking...LOL
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm planning a run the morning of Thanksgiving. I hope I'm not a douche.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Working out while your wife's giving birth = Douche

Working out When your kid needs you to support them = Douche

Working out on Thanksgiving = Pre-Burn for pie & SMART!!!!