November 2013 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Too much work!:sad: :sad: Only managed 2 miles today....and I had to head out for a quick walk around the block after work (in the cold and the dark) to even manage that much. :frown: Still better than sitting on my @$$. :laugh:

November total 137 miles

exercise.png

@Dave Maybe I will tell y'all later what I teach, but it involves adults, not kiddos. No worries about grammer though.....I have my own problems there.:bigsmile: (and thank goodness for spellcheck :laugh: ) :bigsmile:
  • Peacedom
    Peacedom Posts: 10 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • keninf
    keninf Posts: 215 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,419 Member
    Options
    JTH11706 -- Earned my pie! Made it past the goal line. I see you've earned your pie too! Excellent!

Dave -- Okay...gravy for you! Way to get it done!

Dean -- Way to cross over into the yellow zone. Nice job on making your goal! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. That's pretty much what I had last week!

And...
    Just stuck a new profile picture on. Any guesses as to what's in the stomach of this dog?

...a half roll of toilet paper. :tongue:

I have 2.48 miles from yesterday and managed 14.23 miles on the recumbent and 2.27 miles walking today.

exercise.png

It was a good Tuesday! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Chris
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Gotta do this!
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Well that all went rather quickly. Thanks for everyone else pushing to meet their goals, it encouraged me to reach for mine. So on that note, adding 7 miles for today. The end is in site.....!!!

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    @ Kar328 - Where do you guys get all those really cool smiley faces? Also Congrats on making goal! :drinker: :drinker:

Not me, Dave's link - I just grabbed the link from his post. Try freesmileys.org
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Not sure I am going to make my 90 mile goal before the month is over.

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    25 Nov 3.1 miles
    26 Nov 5.42 miles
    27 Nov 7.2 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    @ Chris - The guy was out shooting targets and the dog was eating the casings after they cooled. Sorry, no toilet paper. So if this is what you had last week, you probably gave it to me over the internet. Great, I'm infected with a computer virus. Next thing you know I'll be spouting out random information with a warning to pay a fee or loose my mind. Guess of all the things I've lost in life I'll miss my mind the most. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Ran/walked 5 miles in one hour. Started out for a walk but ended up running 70% of the distance.
    Less than 10 miles to hit target :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ Dinos - I've seen you knock that out in an afternoon. Piece of cake for you. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @ Dinos - I've seen you knock that out in an afternoon. Piece of cake for you. :happy: :happy: :happy:

@Dean, thanks, at this pace it's a couple of hours work. The reason I'm smiling is that I'm about to make my goal this month mostly on foot, only 18 miles came from cycling.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

@Dean, thanks, at this pace it's a couple of hours work. The reason I'm smiling is that I'm about to make my goal this month mostly on foot, only 18 miles came from cycling.

Wow! That's impressive! I don't run unless my wife calls me to the kitchen for dinner. I'm really impressed. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,403 Member
    Options
    Nov. 27: 8.5 miles Running in the snow covered streets (should count as a double work out...lol)

TTD: 248.5 Miles

exercise.png
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Almost there....
    exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    @ Lisa, Don't forget to use the roller on the outside of the leg as well. The IT band can get tight and cause knee problems as well. Especially if you are biking, you need to run that thing from you knee up over your hip to loosen the IT band. I think it's Lovingthebike.com has some videos of some good stretching. Links to the page are on www.cycling360media.com under a podcast "Stretching and the Foam Roller.

Thanks! I did ice and roller last night and took ibuprofen and this morning feeling SO MUCH BETTER! Still taking today off and doing all that again with the addition of rollering (I hope that's a word) on the outside of the leg. I just did not want this to still be a problem for my Half. I know I can get a PR on this one!

Truly...thanks to everyone who responded! This is the best group of people EVER!
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    Updating for Tuesday with 3.39.

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Couldn't help it. Logged another 9 miles this morning. My bike was looking so sad in the corner. It was like a puppy dog that was being punished. Those long droopy handlebars just calling my name. "Daddy, don't you love us anymore? Come ride for just a little while. I'll be a good bike...." How could I resist. So another 9 miles this morning for a total of 311 for the month. :cry: :cry: :cry:

@ Lisa - Glad to hear the ice and roller helped. If Rollering isn't a work we'll make it one on here. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dean

exercise.png
  • bflogal854
    bflogal854 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nov 26: 1.50 miles...running around the SPCA, such a busy night.

Deb