Are you a douche if you work out on Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with working out on Thanksgiving.

I plan to workout...3:30 a.m. as per my daily/weekly schedule.

Enjoy your workout and enjoy the festivities.

:happy:
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Not a douche at all!! My gym is open, and they have a Turbo Kick class listed at 8:30 AM. My alarm is already set to make sure I get up and go to it, and I will be working my *kitten* off in the class.

To be honest, it is one day out of the year where working out is really important, to me at least. I know for a fact I will go over my calorie allowance for the day, so I need to do what I can to at least counter it a bit. Sure, a holiday is a day to relax and watch football with family, but that does not mean to let yourself go and have a full on cheat day with no inhibitions. Plus, if I start my day off with a great workout and a healthy breakfast, I am less likely to go overboard and binge at dinner with my family.
  • emafairycake1986
    emafairycake1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I dont work out christmas day (UK) athough boxing day,NYE,NYD if i wish to i will work out ...so yesh im a douche and i dont care becasue i enjoy working out :)
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I'm not planning to try to meet my calorie goal at my meal, but if somebody else wants to, they should go for it. I may get up and jog on my treadmill or do some lifting in my garage before I hit the road, or I may not. I'll be traveling all day, so I already planned not to work out, but if somebody else wants to, they should go for it. Why would choosing to work out or not work out make you a douche?!
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Of course not! I will be doing a 5k on Thanksgiving morning. If the gym was open i would do that too. My fitness comes before what people might think of me and how i choose to make it happen.

I do not go out and party on New Years Even because my commitment is to the gym in the mornings. I dont WANT to feel like crap . I do have my rest days but i refuse to use a holiday as an excuse to do nothing.

Thats just my mindset....its not for everyone
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I will be. I have a lunch time gathering with friends and my kids are with my ex so....gym for probably about 4-5 hours LOL
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I will do my workout in the AM before I start cooking for 12! No shame here!
  • enchampion
    enchampion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I plan on throwing all self control out of the window on Thanksgiving when it comes to my Aunt's stuffing, chocolate chess pie, sweet potato casserole and my grand mother's chicken and dumplings(yes I'm a southern girl) With that being said I plan on busting my *kitten* in the gym Thursday morning to account for everything I plan on indulging in. #notsorry
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm working out on Thanksgiving, only because I cannot work out the day after. *shrug* I guess that makes me a douche?
  • elmr34
    elmr34 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will go running because I have the day off and I am excited to run outside in the sunlight during the warm part of the day!!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I will be using my Nordic Track Skier and avoid watching all parades
  • mikej1978
    mikej1978 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'll be working out twice thanksgiving day. I am deployed overseas tho so Thanksgiving is just another day to me this year.
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think if you work out in the morning (especially if you wake up earlier to do it) and minimize cutting into family time then it's perfectly fine!

I'm planning on doing an hour of Zumba in the morning, right after I get the turkey in the oven ;) I will be able to enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner without feeling guilty! I plan to eat everything, even down to the pumpkin pie!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    i plan on hitting the gym crack of dawn - they close by noon. but i want the exercise out of the way so I can eat & play video games :)
  • MayaLove1
    MayaLove1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'll be at the "turkey torture" spin class at my gym in the a.m. Sorta excited for what is supposed to be a super hard workout. Am I a douche? :ohwell:
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Douche or not I'll be working out early a.m.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    all i know is that Thursday is my day to lift, so i plan on lifting
  • SkiMummy
    SkiMummy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll be working out, but only because it isn't actually Thanksgiving here - does that count? ;-)
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my run and waved at all the other douchey people out in the snow running/walking too :laugh: I do feel kind of bad though, because hubby is painting our living room right now and I was like, see ya going to go out and have fun running, while you work :ohwell:
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Haha, was heading for the gym when I saw this. With this logic, we shouldn't be working out on Christmas, Christmas eve, Easter, Halloween, etc.

Really don't think so

:)

also: probably going in the morning will help, so you don't miss out on anytime with the family and can actually enjoy the food :)