Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: family pictures tonight...please let my tantrum throwing three year old be happy tonight. lol! This could go great or really really bad.
    My food choices were better yesterday... I will try to do the same today.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    JNettie73- Getting into the RN program at the school I go to is very difficult. It's a very competitive program. It's one of the top programs around my area. It's a points based program on the grades you get on your pre reqs. Well there is a total of 20pts and basically to get into the program you need all 20pts, which means you need A's in ALL your pre reqs to get into the program.
    Last semester I got A's in all my classes. And this semester I have to get all A's. I have 2 A's and 1 B...I need that B to be an A. Actually I have 91.4% in the class...you have to have a 92% to have an A....yeah. So school is my top priority, but so is work and most importantly my family.

Wednesday wish: That I can balance everything that I am dealing with and make it through these next few years (after I'm in the program) and still lose weight..

Tina
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: Is 2-fold today. I am wishing for my kids that have a 6-hour trip to get here, to have a good safe trip. I am also wishing for our new foster grandson to feel the love of our family and not be overwhelmed by the crowds this week. I did a head count and our meals will range from 24-29 every day.
    I am glad that we are going to do the gratitude postings. I really think that it will help us stay positive for the month. My only suggestion would be that we do a gratitude post every day, or at least as often as we are able to post. I don't want to limit it to Sunday.
    Today is pie making day! I got a lot of housekeeping chores done yesterday, bathrooms, floors, etc. so I can concentrate on the pies. Tonight I am feeding everyone tacos and homemade cookies. I think that I will get the cookies going. They can be baking while I work on the pies. NSV: I am wearing a favorite smock-style apron today that has not fit me for many years!
    Have a great day. I hope that all of you have someone special to spend the holiday with.
    Onward and upward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @nettie--hope your back feels better soon. A rest day sounds like a smart move. :wink: Also, regarding calorie burns changing for the same workout: as your weight goes down and you become more fit, your calorie burn for the same exercise will decrease. That being said, I don't have a fitbit so I don't know how it calculates calorie burns. I know the HRMs I've owned have proven to be less than accurate, so like kelley suggested, I use multiple sources and take an average.

@kelley--sounds like a busy day today! :smile: Sorry work has been so hectic for you--I hope it slows down so you can get back to your workouts.

@karenleona--sorry you are struggling. Is there any kind of exercise you can do?

@robin--I love kaye's idea to post about something (or someone) we're grateful for each day.

@laurie--I echo your hope for nice weather tomorrow; however, given our forecast here is for temps in the 20's, I think I'll have to settle for no snow as my only possible hope. :ohwell: Not looking forward to running in the freezing cold. :grumble:

@linda--it's hard to balance work and home sometimes. I know I'm constantly struggling with making time for grading vs. exercise.

@kaye--good luck with all of that cleaning and baking. Then enjoy your time with family! :flowerforyou:

@ushkii--I agree this group really helps me through the holidays. Glad you are back on board and logging again. The extra sleep is also so important for weight loss--I need to remind myself of that when I stay up way too late. :blushing:

@gorilla--LOL! Wait.. are you calling me a stoner? :tongue: That 5k with your boys sounds like fun--glad they both finished; sounds like you are quite the role model for them. :drinker:

@lives2travel--sounds like you have a solid plan to handle the holiday food! I also have a bunch of holiday dinners and parties in the upcoming weeks. I'm terrible at avoiding the food, so I just try to make up for it with exercise. Not the best approach, but it at least helps me maintain through the tough times.

I didn't post Tuesday Goals yesterday, so here it goes:
    I hope to get through a good portion of the AP essays over the next 5 days. Today, I will walk gunner and hit the gym for some lifting and some light cardio. Normally I take a rest day before a 5k, but with the cold temps I don't expect a great time anyway, and I could definitely use the extra calorie burn to make up for the feast tomorrow. :laugh: I also need to pick up my race packet this afternoon before heading to starbucks.

Wednesday Wish:
    Wishing all of my US friends a lovely Thanksgiving. Also, wishing any Jewish friends a Happy Hanukkah.

Grading goals:
    1. x/73 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--5k Turkey Trot
    Fri--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes:

That my youngest makes it home tonight despite a rotten travel day in the NE.

That 2014 is as kind to my loved ones as 2013 has been.

That my weight loss journey continues to be successful.

That everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Crap I made Split Pea soup this week end to bring to lunch and forgot it. Now I have been debating with my self what to go get to eat. Fast Food is so bad.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Kah - Your cat is gorgeous! That is adorable that she gives you baths. While I was laying in bed last night with the heating pad on, Misti snuggled up against my leg and began to purr. She purrs in anticipation of being pet. It is hysterical. I began to pet her. After a while she surprised me with one lick. It was cute but freaked me out at the same time. LOL She occasionally gives me "love bites" too.
    Thanks for the link. I am going to try that. The fitbit calories burned always seemed a bit low to me. I may eventually just suck it up and look into getting a HRM.

Gorilla - Sounds like you have things all planned for when the practice moves locations! That is excellent. I love when things work out like that.

ushkii - Yippie for NSV of feeling less sluggish, more sleep and eating better.

Kaye - I love the idea of a gratitude month! I agree focusing on the positives will help relieve the stresses we face. I was faced with a lot of stress from my last job, especially after I submitted my resignation. Even though I loved teaching my preschoolers, I hated the place I worked for. It got to the point that I began to resent getting up every morning to go to work. I didn't want my experience to effect all the reasons why I became a teacher and I didn't want my attitude (frustration and hatred for who I worked for and with) reflect on how I interacted with my students. Each day I came home and did a daily Facebook post of one positive highlight from my day. (All my posts were able the adorable things my students did or say) It certainly helped me get through that last month of work without telling my boss and colleagues off. :wink:

SweatTea - I actually work two part-time jobs. One is with an agency, I provide home/ community based services for children with special needs. I also am a teacher in a local school district providing extended day teaching for children with autism. My agency job is Mon and Friday, my district job is Tues, Wed and Thurs. I had to go to my Monday job regardless of the upcoming holiday, so I didn't mind. At my district job, I was having a difficult time getting my aides on board with policies and procedures in my classroom and ended up creating a training manual for them. Then I spent time going over it with my staff. I received a lot of feedback from my staff that they wish I had come along so much sooner because they never received any training. I brought this to the attention of my boss, who brought it to the attention of her boss. Long story short, district agreed to give us a paid training this past Tuesday when the children had a half-day and our program was cancelled. However we were waiting for confirmation from administration, which sadly never came through. Which meant I had the day off instead of sitting with my staff in a training for them. So it really worked out to my benefit!

Linda - I changed the settings on my fitbit so it shows me activity minutes rather than how many steps I take. I bought my fitbit more so to track when I am exercising rather than steps.

Tina - WOW! That is a lot of pressure. I hope you do well and get in!

Skinnyjeanz - Thanks for the information. I never thought to take that into consideration.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of December being a Gratitude month !
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- I am trying to get my motivation up to run tomorrow as I will also be running in below freezing temps. Good for you running no matter the temperature.

I did workout somewhat today. My plans for the 5K tomorow were messing with my mind, since I did not want to overdo it before a 5K. At the same knowing that I may not run tomorrow due to cold, so I knew I had to do something active.

I like Kaye's idea of sharing something we are Thankful for every day. It will help us to remember all the little things in our lives that are important to us and the blessings we have.

Wish-That the weather cooperates for everyone who is traveling has a safe trip and for everyone who is running in a Turkey Trot's has a safe run tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends. Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish friends.
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I usually peruse myfitnesspal on my phone but it seems like with this thread I am going to have to start using my computer because there is so much I want to respond to. I can't go back and forward in my phone so I am going to have to post some personal replies later!

Wednesday wishes: I wish that I continue to do this 30 day shred for 30 days straight but man these 10lb dumbells are killing me right now. I feel like I should be on day 15. But I am only on day 3! Lol. I wish that I am consistent with my goals and don't fold like I always do! I wish that everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @ SweetTea - When I read your one post, you mentioned being off this week from school. My son always use to be off this week as well so I checked out your profile and you're from ATL!! I lived there for 18 years and just moved last April to Las Vegas. HUGE move, but we're loving it out here. What part of the city are you in? I lived all on the eastern side - Norcross, Lawrenceville, Tucker and the last spot was Lilburn near Mountain Park. We were in the Parkview cluster. I use to work for ARCOP, which was the Arby's Purchasing Cooperative. Our offices were up near the Perimeter area off Peachtree Dunwoody and Mount Vernon. Small world!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your family and friends. I’m in a little funk and just trying to hold on. I made it through Halloween, but struggling with the scale going up and down the same 5 lbs. I need to dig deep, but with life right now I’m a bit stressed. I just need to maintain until I can get control.

It’s been a good week, but super busy. Yesterday we served lunch and helped prepare the Thanksgiving meal at the Las Vegas Rescue Mission. This morning I volunteered at Cyrus’ middle school for Grand Parents Day. We had over 250, which was a lot of fun. It was back to work for a while then hit the grocery store. I got quite a bit done tonight – Pretzel Salad, Sweet Potato Souffle, two loaves of Pumpkin Bread, and Banana Bread. Tomorrow AM I’ll hit the gym then come home to make a Corn Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, and a relish tray. Our neighbors invited us over so we’ll spend the day with them.

@ Robin – I love the idea of giving thanks in December or even starting tomorrow is even better. I’m glad you liked the new doctor. I hope he can find you answers even sooner.

@ Kaye – I know I have so much to be thankful for. I have a friend on FB who has been giving gratitude since January 1st. It’s been nice watching his post and gives me a little smile every day. I know you’ll be a busy bee tomorrow, but find a little time for Kaye too.

@ SweetTea – I used the silicone heel cups that Kelley (Kah68) mentioned and it did help me. Mine were definitely not as severe as yours, but for me losing weight helped so much. I was 325 when I started, but I’m down 45 lbs and have no pain anymore. Hopefully, you can find some relief.

@ Linda – It’s good to see you. Hang in there. I get frustrated at times as well trying to find that work/life balance. We can only do so much in 24 hours. Finding that balance is key and I need to find it myself.

@ Laurie – I need to set similar goals. I’ve been so focused on my career and keeping Cyrus’ life as stable as possible that I have a tendency not to let anyone else in. People are starting to recognize me at the gym so I may start talking to some of them. I need to get out too. Good luck on the turkey trot and hope you beat your PR.

@ Karenleona – Thanks for checking in even though life’s a struggle right now. Hang in there!!! I’m just holding on and trying to maintain. I’ve been losing/gaining the same 5 lbs for a few months now even though I’ve been exercising more than ever. It just makes me mad and I want to EAT! It’s a vicious battle. I hope you can find your focus again.

@ Nicole – How did the stress test go? Everything OK with your ticker? I had one done and the test was all over the place. It wasn’t my fault I was doing just fine, but the crazy machine. I was not happy.

@ Kelley – Safe travels to your parents in the AM and enjoy the Zoo. I’m thinking Cyrus and I may hit the Tampa Zoo over the Christmas holiday. This is really a nice time to go. In the summer, the animals are always in the shade and hiding because it’s too darn hot. This is a great time while they enjoy the cooler temps. Have fun and thank you for your friendship!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today I am thankful that my daughter and her family arrived safely and we had wonderful visit with family this evening. I didn't get everything done that I was going to, but I got a good start and we can finish up tomorrow. I'm thankful that our family likes to have dinner around 4 or 5 so I still have time to get those pies made.
    I feel such a connection to all of you. I am really looking forward to reading all of the gratitude messages!
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • susan2396
    Options
    So I thought I would start a day early with my first gratitude post. While I moan, groan, whine, complain, etc. . . about my weight and wanting to be skinny instantly, I am truly thankful for my health. My best friend's husband back in GA is battling for life. They found cancer in January - liver, colon and now it's in his lungs. They have two kids. Bailey is a senior and Rylee is in 8th grade. I love them all to pieces, but it breaks my heart to see them going through this battle. His blood pressure escalated and he had to be hospitalized last weekend. Another friend shot this picture of them. This is what love is all about fhrough sickness and in health. I'm thankful for my health. If you think about it, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. They are Dwain and Shawna.

ShawnaandDwain_zps45e461c0.jpg
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful for my family ! And thankful that i get to spend Thankgiving with them !
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving.

Susan-Don't get discouraged by the 5 lbs up and down. I have been experiencing that for a while now. Your body is changing and the weight has not adjusted. For me I have not really lost any weight in a while but size wise I am decreasing. So take your measurements and see what they say.

I am thankful for my family and friends. The support I receive from everyone on here is priceless.

Getting ready to do the Turkey Trot and it is 30 degrees this morning- a cold day for a run.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans here.
    Susan: what a beautiful picture of true love. It brought tears to my eyes.
    Robin: I'm thankful for many things, but I'll save most for a later date. Today, I'm thankful for the large family I always wanted and now finally have.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

A quick post to wish all of my U.S. friends a Happy Thanksgiving and all of my Jewish friends a Happy Hanukkah! I'm thankful to have all of you in my life while I continue to reach my weight loss goals.

@Susan~You are not alone, I've been losing and gaining the same 5# for a month - definitely frustrating but when I went shopping yesterday I was down another size. These are the successes we need to remember and embrace. What a heartfelt picture of your friends.

Played with Zoe, she is settled, now off to be with my family and spoil my nephews. To those running today, keep warm, and have fun!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth/ Gratitude:
    I want to wish all of you, who celebrate, a Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah!
    I have nothing to fess up/ get off my chest at the moment so I will just go right into my gratitude. I have a lot to be thankful for.
    ~I am thankful for a wonderful husband.
    ~I am really thankful for my family and small group friends who are always there for me and support me with everything I do in my personal life.
    ~I am thankful for my animals who bring so much joy to my life each and every day.
    ~I am thankful for a roof over my house and food in the kitchen.
    ~I am thankful for my jobs.
    ~I am thankful for finishing grad school - not so thankful for the hefty loans that I have to pay off though :laugh:
    ~I am thankful for being happy.
    ~I am thankful for my health.
    ~I am thankful for the ability to see beauty in the world around me.
    ~I am thankful for rejoining MFP
    ~I am thankful for the ability to make changes about my health in order to get healthy.
    ~I am thankful thankful for feeling healthier and having more energy.
    ~I am thankful for all of my successes not matter how big or small.
    Lastly...
    I am thankful for the support of this group and the support of all my MFP friends. The continuous cheering me on and advice means the world to me. Knowing other people who have or are going through exactly what I am going through makes me feel that I am not alone. It makes my journey so much easier to travel knowing you all are here for me. So from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!! :flowerforyou: :smooched:

Jeanette

Laurie and SkinnyJeanz - Best of luck to you on your runs, if it is not too cold!

SweetTea- Congrats on sticking to your goals. I have never done 30 Day Shred. But I was thinking if the 10lb dumbbells are too heavy for you at the moment maybe you can use lighter ones until you build up more strength and tolerance for the exercises. That is what I am doing with my routine at the moment. Plus, I still need to buy heavier weights. LOL

Susan - I will keep your best friend, her husband and her family in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. What a sweet picture of them.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie & Skinnie - make the best of your VERY COLD runs today - hope they are fun for you!

KarenLeona - hope your heart problem is not too severe you can't work out somewhat reasonably. Sounds like biking is allowed - good.

Kah - did you check out oK?

Love everyone's gratitude comments.!

I'm so very grateful today for my family and friends. I could not have made it through this illness without their constant help and assistance. I will miss being with them today.