What personality trait turns you off the most?

Options

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    "All of the Above"
  • SkinnyMiniClaire
    Options
    People who constantly mention who unfortunate they are and try to make you feel bad for them, cheer up!
  • conqkm11
    Options
    Gold diggers
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between selfishness and arrogance.

Also, self-pity because it makes people selfish and I cannot stand that ("I'm having a hard time because of this minor situation and in no way do I intend to work to fix the situation or find my fault in the situation, but I'm going to whine and moan and let everyone know how bad my life is, with no regard to anything that may be going on in their lives.") It also makes people seem lazy about their lives and that's another big turnoff.

ETA: I also have zero tolerance or respect for people who are unreliable and chronically late.
  • gogeter82
    gogeter82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    people who got tricks and jokes smh:explode:
  • Pr3ttyR3ckless
    Options
    Being hypocritical
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Extreme selfishness!!! They're always #1 and put their needs, desires, comforts, convenience, and happiness above EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING ELSE.

Arrogance, pride, and cockiness. People who think WAY too highly of themselves and think less of everyone else.

Disrespectful! Doesn't respect you, your friends, your family, or even boundaries.

Complete lack of self-control!! Gets so easily swept up by urges, desires, emotions, or peer pressure that they never seem to be able to control themselves or their actions. Goes wherever the wind blows and is completely unreliable for ANYTHING. UGHH!!!

Mean!!! Unkind, mocks and makes fun of others all the time.
  • ArellD
    ArellD Posts: 93
    Options
    Being untrustworthy
  • cashless2013
    cashless2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Someone who turns everything back on to themselves in a conversaion. Or someone who won't shut up!

:grumble:

Aren't most people like that? Lol
  • missashleigh92
    missashleigh92 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    jelousy, controlling, obnoxious and sarcastic. These things all remind me of my ex, needless to say this is why he is now out of my life. I like the happy, fun and laid back type
  • DestinyShlagel
    Options
    Rude, Sarcastic, overly dramatic, lazy ,boastful ....
  • ronnielamm
    Options
    When someone can't take a joke
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to go with "denial and/or ignorance"...folks that are in denial and who are ignorant (lack of knowledge) is something that grieves me deeply. Here's why...

ALL of the ugly and:huh: :noway: :grumble: :mad: :noway: :huh: "personality traits/character flaws that turn me off in others, that I truly hate and/or can't stand and that I've read folk complaining/discussing about in this tread...I am personally guilty of myself presently, or at least was guilty of at one time in my life or another and/or potentially could be guilty of my own blasted self. Life has taught me that the things I hate most in others, is because I am or could be guilty of those very turn-offy things myself (ya know, the ole "it takes one to know one thingy"). What turns me off in folk is actually an opportunity in disguise as disgust. It gives me the opportunity to humble my own self, pray for them (and myself), seek God's Face and turn from my own wicked ways (ya know, the ole take the beam outta my own eye...so that I may see clearly "the speck" in someone else eye.) Things that I hate in others, is also a HUGE opportunity for growth/maturity for my own desperately wicked tail...it helps me to see how VERY much in the important and life sustaining area of love I'm lacking...the Love of God and people--so being turned off/irritated/impatient with others actually CAN help me to love more and/or being wise enough to ignore/block or walk away from a person, yet still loving them for who they are (again, acknowledging my own YUCKS and UGHS) but also being strong (with godly wisdom) enough to understand that though I can not change people, I can change myself and love them enough to keep my distance (perhaps physically, and definitely mentally/emotionally), while at the same time--spiritually, wishing them the best and God's Help and Healing for their&my own issues.

That's my take on it...
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    disingenuousness
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Since you asked me what the biggest turn-off is to me...MY biggest turn-off is a tie between:
    -being racist/homophobig/prejudiced/anti-equality
    -accepting things that people say without doing your own research and finding out whether or not these things are true
    -thinking that letting people starve and be homeless is a better option than expecting good business ethics or our government to provide temporary unemployment to people who lose their jobs is tough economic times
    -calling children and the elderly (among others) "moochers" and "takers"
    -preventing people from exercising their right to vote by using misleading information or voter suppression tactics in the name of preventing "election fraut" or "voter fraud" (which make up - LITERALLY - a whopping .000003% and .000000001%, respectively, of all votes in the US)
    -Claiming that there's such a thing as "legitimate rape" which the female body can magically "shut down" - and that, if you do get pregnant, you secretly wanted it and it was an act of God
    -claiming to want small government and then trying to pass laws that impose one's religious beliefs on others
    -And similar things that involve hate, (often willful) ignorance of facts, bad logic/being a hypocrite, or inequality.

Brava.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Ignorance, ignorance breeds many other horrific traits ...
  • meb0407
    meb0407 Posts: 492
    Options
    Being unthoughtful of others... really a big turn off!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Lying, followed closely by those who ascribe the worst possible characteristics to others who don't share their point of view without considering that the other person might have a valid, logical, factual reason for feeling the way they do. Just because someone doesn't like the ACA doesn't mean that they want people to die in the streets, or if someone supports SNAP/unemployment benefits it doesn't mean they think everyone should just sit around and let the government take care of them. As soon as someone starts talking in terms like that, I write them off as someone not worth my time.
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to go with "denial and/or ignorance"...folks that are in denial and who are ignorant (lack of knowledge) is something that grieves me deeply. Here's why...

ALL of the ugly and:huh: :noway: :grumble: :mad: :noway: :huh: "personality traits/character flaws that turn me off in others, that I truly hate and/or can't stand and that I've read folk complaining/discussing about in this tread...I am personally guilty of myself presently, or at least was guilty of at one time in my life or another and/or potentially could be guilty of my own blasted self. Life has taught me that the things I hate most in others, is because I am or could be guilty of those very turn-offy things myself (ya know, the ole "it takes one to know one thingy"). What turns me off in folk is actually an opportunity in disguise as disgust. It gives me the opportunity to humble my own self, pray for them (and myself), seek God's Face and turn from my own wicked ways (ya know, the ole take the beam outta my own eye...so that I may see clearly "the speck" in someone else eye.) Things that I hate in others, is also a HUGE opportunity for growth/maturity for my own desperately wicked tail...it helps me to see how VERY much in the important and life sustaining area of love I'm lacking...the Love of God and people--so being turned off/irritated/impatient with others actually CAN help me to love more and/or being wise enough to ignore/block or walk away from a person, yet still loving them for who they are (again, acknowledging my own YUCKS and UGHS) but also being strong (with godly wisdom) enough to understand that though I can not change people, I can change myself and love them enough to keep my distance (perhaps physically, and definitely mentally/emotionally), while at the same time--spiritually, wishing them the best and God's Help and Healing for their&my own issues.

That's my take on it...

Someone who talks too much
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Being a snob.