December 2013 MOVE IT 180-360+ minutes a Week Challenge!!

Options
banana.gif upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif banana.gif MOVE-IT CHALLENGE!!! banana.gif upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif banana.gif

Are you ready to MOVE-IT??!! 2uge4p4.gif[/b]

January is almost here and we want to be ready to bring in 2014 a little lighter or maybe you just want to maintain your weight! Either way this is the perfect time to re-commit or jump start your routine!

What are your fitness goals? Are you still getting in those workouts? Or are you just starting a workout program? Do you need a little more motivation? If so please join us.

We are a group who are committed to doing 180 to 360+ minutes of exercise each week (minimum 180). We count minutes for all types of intentional exercise: aerobics, walking, weight training, strength work, stretching or heavy gardening. You be the judge of whether it's exercise or not.

We're here to support, encourage, and set challenges for ourselves. It's all about intention. If we don't make the 180 to 360+ minutes one week, there's next week to go for it.

The weeks starts every Monday in the month and ends the following Sunday at midnight. Then we start all over again the following Monday for week 2, 3, and 4. (and some months week 5)

Newcomers are always welcome!

If at first you don't succeed, you keep trying...just keep coming back to report progress or non-progress...it doesn't matter...it keeps us accountable and that's how we commit to healthy lifestyles. It is a chance to meet new friends and encourage one another along the way.

You can use the form below OR make up your own. So who's in for Week # 1,2,3, or 4 sometimes 5??

Week # 1 – December 2nd -- Goal 180 minutes:

Mon:
Tue:
Wed:
Thur:
Fri:
Sat:
Sun:

Total / min left: 180 / 0

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Week # 1 – December 2nd -- Goal 180 minutes:

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Total / min left: 180 / 0
  • cdmackeyfree
    cdmackeyfree Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need a new challenge to keep me motivated through the holidays!
  • elsie1928
    elsie1928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I've been slacking on the exercise recently!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Hoping to maintain with the holidays on the way, and maybe even lose a little!
  • livingandlovinglife
    Options
    I'm in too!!! :smile: We can do this!
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I slacked in November, so I'm getting back at it for December.
  • kimbobaker
    Options
    I'm in....Need all the help I can get.
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Minimum 180 minutes a week? Hmm, that's 3 hours? Or, maybe 30 minutes a day, with one day off. Okay, I'm in. I feel I really benefited from the walking challenge I did in October/ early November. And, while I've kept up some walking since it ended, I'd like the challenge of something more structured. This time, though, I want to add in some strength training, instead of all cardio.
  • peggylynnhale
    Options
    I'm in! My knees have been hurting from running too much, so I will change it up with bike riding, weight training and racquetball. Sounds motivating, accountable and fun.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Sounds fun. :happy:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,199 Member
    Options
    Week # 1 – December 2nd -- Goal 30 miles:

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Total 0/30

Sorry, I need to get into a habit of running mornings again! :drinker: :drinker:

exercise.png
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go although I am having knee surgery on the 11th. Ice is on the path now so biking might be a little dicey. This is a good excuse to try other exercises. :happy:
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Totally in, looking forward to this challenge!
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in!!! I need a challenge!!
  • ButterflyAngela97
    ButterflyAngela97 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am in on this one
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Count me in, I'm ready to do more than walking and will consider this my mission. Still going to walk though it has become a routine! Yes sometimes I grumble about doing it but it is good for both me and my dog Richie
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • kspexet
    kspexet Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in!:bigsmile:
  • no1dragn
    no1dragn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am going to give it a shot. Going for the 360 side of the equation.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all new ones!! Have an awesome weekend!:flowerforyou: