People w/ TONS of calories "remaining"??!?!?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I find that exercise is the biggest reason for me having a gap in my calories.
    I never take a taxi or bus to anywhere, I just walk and I'm also fortunate in the sense that I as part of my degree, we end up doing a lot of exercise so I build up the calorie deficit quite quickly
  • astange83
    Options
    Once or twice a week I generally have 300+ remaining and its because I'm off and being lazy. If I'm not moving around I'm not hungry therefore I won't think to eat lunch, and I keep the junk food out of the house. This happens on Sundays a lot which when I'm not working, is also an off day on workouts so my body isn't burning as much to make me want to eat. Today I've got a ton left, trying to think of something to snack on but I'm not really all that hungry. Only want to eat something so I don't go to bed too hungry, so I can workout in the morning, otherwise I wouldn't care less.
  • ellskiNZ
    ellskiNZ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a few hundred remaining, mostly I think it's because MFP over calculates the calories that I burn while exercising. I still log it because I want to keep a record of them, but I don't always eat them all back. Also, it may be because I slept for 12 hours, and therefore am not really hungry enough to eat all my food in a compressed period of time.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    On those days I have a glass of wine or two!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I've had 3000+ calories to eat with only a couple hours before I had to go to sleep.

You don't have to eat them all the same day, you can save some for the next day if you want. There are no rules that say you have to eat them only from 12am-11:59pm only.

Keep it simple.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I don't understand either...I can always find a way to eat more than I should
  • Cae_Troi
    Cae_Troi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! If I'm not hungry, then I let it be. My body will let me know if I'm hungry. If I'm hungry then I'll make something.
  • SupermanRitz
    Options
    I stopped looking at short-term (daily) and look at long-term (weekly). I look at my protein intake for the day and go from there. If I'm within 100-200cal for the day then I just leave it. A couple spoons of peanut butter usually do the trick though. Try not to make it a habit, you're really not accomplishing anything
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Most times I have 100-500 calories left over. I try to eat 1000 calories per day and exercise off 1000 calories per day. If I try to eat more than the 1000 I find myself battling too much fiber (stomach dislikes too much fiber), too much sugar or too many carbs. I'm trying to work in my blood sugars so I have to limit what I can consume. Am I hungry? Not overly, but am definitely ready for breakfast the next day! My FD is open to the public. I would welcome advice from others about how to improve my plan.
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do a Intermitten Fasting / calorie cycling type thing. Usually on Monday's I'll have 1000 calories remaining. I make up for it later in the week =).
  • mkmfrog
    mkmfrog Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I carb cycle.

So on days when I eat zero to low complex carbs AND exercise, I can easily have over 500+. On days when I eat 100+ grms in complex carbs and don't exercise, I will be over. I watch my proteins and complex carbs more than I watch calories.

Yesterday was a low carb day and a double workout. I had over 1000 calories remaining. Today was low carbs and one workout...I have over 500 left over.
  • amastre
    amastre Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see some sources talking about the 'dangers' of higher than RDA protein intake.

Also, while I rarely if ever eat below goal, that's mostly because I use the database merely as an easy way to calculate my macros which I then put into an excel spreadsheet I made. To each their own.