Guess the next diet fad!

Options

Replies

• impemberstar
    impemberstar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    fruit juicing and eliminating all sugars...

I've totally cut out sugar myself. I used to put tons of syrup on my pancakes for instance but I use organic local honey now instead!!!

you realize honey has sugar in it, right?

Didnt you know? Sugar-less honey is all the rage (<-sarcasm)
  • nchrty
    nchrty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cat food only diet. How much of THAT do you think you could eat a day?
  • impemberstar
    impemberstar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The kelp-tape diet.

Tibetan Monks make an 8 ft. strip of tape that you swallow over a period of a few days, then pass it over several more days. Pulls all the toxins right out of your body and you get to walk around with a few feet of kelp hanging out your *kitten* for a few days.

(Archer, anyone?)
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The Alphabet Diet!

It's a 26 day diet plan, where you can eat anything you want - it just has to begin with the letter of the alphabet listed for whichever day of the plan you're at. The catch is that it has to be an actual food, not a brand name. No, you cannot eat Cheetos, or Corn Pops on day 3 (C) , although corn dogs and candy corn would be fine.

Day 1 - A
    Apples, avocadoes, apricots, artichokes, Alpaca, Antelope, etc

Day 26 - Z
    Zucchini....erm...zuchinni...did I mention Zucchini?

I vote this! X days will be fasting days.

Or how about the 1-2-3 diet: Day 1, you eat 1000 calories in 1 meal. Day 2, you eat 500 calories in 2 meals (so 1,000 total). Day 3, you eat 250 calories in 3 meals (750 total).

Or the bird diet. Based on a 10 question survey, find out which bird you should eat like (mmmm....worms, bird food, or road kill?) I mean, when was the last time you saw a fat bird?
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The AspireAssist allows patients to remove about 30% of the food from the stomach before the calories are absorbed into the body, causing weight loss.

http://www.aspirebariatrics.com/how-it-works.html

Technology these days...
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    the Bear Grylls diet
    you can only drink wee, ice(glacier), and runnoff/spring/creek/river/swamp water. you may only eat poo, things that eat poo, wild plants, and animals if they are found dead, or you kill them in some form of super macho primitive way.... you also may only "work out" by splunking, swimming in rappeds, cross country hiking, repelling, moutain climbing, and what ever "rim walking" is, but you can only do theese with little to no gear, and absolutly no safty gear, and 3+ well equiped friends to point and laugh at you for the duration of the diet wile filming it:wink:
  • xSTx
    xSTx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The candy cane diet !
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    awesome, nobody took mine! :p

the seeds, sticks and rocks diet. all the fiber you can manage, and rocks to push them down and through you. and with all those minerals going into you, you won't need ANY supplements - ever again!

chickens do it, and they have full breasts and thin legs!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    awesome, nobody took mine! :p

the seeds, sticks and rocks diet. all the fiber you can manage, and rocks to push them down and through you. and with all those minerals going into you, you won't need ANY supplements - ever again!

I think you're on to a winner there!
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Skinny Smelling Salts - smell your way to thin!

Yummy smells make us salivate and want to eat so it stands to reason stinky smells will repulse us and make us lose our appetite. Just open the vial and take a whiff as needed.

Available in:
    Country Skunk
    Used Baby Diapers
    Chunky Vomit
    Bad B.O.

So gross, so funny and sadly so feasible! :ohwell:
  • dougiebanks
    dougiebanks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cotton balls drenched in orange juice, then ingested. Usually done by teen girls. It's the next big thing.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    ooh, I've thought of some more (I could get so rich!)

The Plain Popcorn Diet
    Popcorn is a whole grain and a good source of fiber. For 1 whole meal a day, you can only eat plain popped corn-no salt or butter.

The Eat-Your-Weight Diet
    You can eat as many grams as you weigh every other day. i.e. if you weigh 200 pounds, you can only eat 200 grams of food-but you get to choose what (you'll get a lot of spinach, or very little cheese). On your off days, you can go hog-wild and eat whatever and however much you want. You won't have problems this way because you're reminding your body every other day that you are working on your weight.....

The Quarter Cup Diet
    You can eat whatever you want as long as it is in 1/4 cup increments. This way, you don't overeat "bad" foods like pizza and hamburgers, and you'll get more essential vitamins and minerals from other foods such as flax seeds, chia seeds, and butter.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    The watch how much you eat and move more diet. It's bound to catch on eventually right?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    The watch how much you eat and move more diet. It's bound to catch on eventually right?

DaFuq?

No way! it's too complicated!!!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    How about the Just Say No diet?
    Fed up of being a yo-yo dieter? Just say no-no to yo-yo.

Example: Would you like another piece of cake? Answer: NO thank you.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options

DaFuq?

No way! it's too complicated!!!

I should be focusing on minute details like eating every 2.5 hours and making sure I don't eat any carbs and flush out any
    toxins with a juice cleanse... No sugar or fat either. Sounds like a better plan
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    When I was in my late teens/early 20's I created a diet that I called the "P" diet. All I ate was pickles, popsicles and popcorn. I was skinny! Maybe I should write a book.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    The NoPro(tm) Diet - No protein at all, low fat and high carbs; because who wants those unsightly muscles?!
    This is my guess, too! We've already seen fat, salt, sugar and carbs demonized - it's protein's turn next! SOMETHING has to be to blame for the fact that we eat too much - and it can't possibly be US.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When I was in my late teens/early 20's I created a diet that I called the "P" diet. All I ate was pickles, popsicles and popcorn. I was skinny! Maybe I should write a book.

You just kept doing Day 16 of the Alphabet Diet! :laugh: