Plus size-Super size weightloss support

Options

Replies

• shaye
    shaye Posts: 4
    Options
    hello, im new to this site and im going for losing 100 pounds...

YAY! Thanks for joining! You can do this!

thanks for the support!!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    I had 2 of my grandchildren all last week and am just now getting cought up with my housework:grumble:
    I am wondering if anybody else has the same problem as I ... it seems that I can gain 6 pounds in a couple of days without going over too much on my calories, but it takes me a week to get back down to where I was bevore:angry: It's not that I eat horrible or don't exercise, but it still happends:frown: I feel like im going 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. Also I am wondering if it might have something to do with getting older:ohwell: or the heat....
    Ok I better get the rest of my floor washed so I can go to the store...
    I hope you all are having a great week

Gabi:flowerforyou:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am in!

By Halloween I want to be>
    220 (realistic goal)
    210 (stretch goal)

I have been 240 (down 20 pounds!!!!) since 7/13! 3 weeks after starting this!

I am down to 234.6! I really think with Halloween being 14 weeks away still I can possibly hit my 210 goal! That would be AMAZING!
  • anniec
    anniec Posts: 23
    Options
    I am in!

220 (realistic goal)
    210 (stretch goal)

I am down to 234.6! I really think with Halloween being 14 weeks away still I can possibly hit my 210 goal! That would be AMAZING!

CONGRATS! That is sooooo awesome! Keep up the great work and keep telling us. That is definite motivation for me... knowing others are in the same situation and making progress!

Go baby GO !!!! :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy:
  • anniec
    Options
    I found this in my wanderings today. Maybe it will be helpful to someone else.

It really hit me in the head. It's not only about the weight loss for me, but battling old demons that I am trying to kill once and for all. I am tired of the free rent they get in my head.

" Only a strong man can stand up to his fate for his inner security enables him to endure to the end. The strength shows itself in uncompromising truthfulness with himself. It is only when we have the courage to face things exactly as they are without any sort of self-deception or illusion that a light will develop out of events, by which the path to success will be recognized. - I Ching: Book of Changes "

Take care everyone!! Keep on, keepin' on! We can all do it with our support of each other!
  • skks
    skks Posts: 8
    Options
    I have (and do feel) just like that; more times than not. Looking at this site I feel sure many of us do. I think that might be why it works so well. We can be truely honest about how we feel and it's ok. You will do this and we will help you. We might not be there in the flesh to help you, but we are there for you.
    Hang in there!
  • annex1
    annex1 Posts: 31
    Options

It really hit me in the head. It's not only about the weight loss for me, but battling old demons that I am trying to kill once and for all. I am tired of the free rent they get in my head.

" Only a strong man can stand up to his fate for his inner security enables him to endure to the end. The strength shows itself in uncompromising truthfulness with himself. It is only when we have the courage to face things exactly as they are without any sort of self-deception or illusion that a light will develop out of events, by which the path to success will be recognized. - I Ching: Book of Changes "

Take care everyone!! Keep on, keepin' on! We can all do it with our support of each other!

I often wonder if the demons we give free rent to in our heads arn't the cause of our being overweight. The tapes play over an over you're not good enough, youcan't do anything right etc.etc. Well I with you on this one kido, I'm kicking mine out too, cause I'm toooooooo good for them.

I love the quote and find so much truth in it. It is only by being truthful with ourselves, and facing where we are and where we want to go that we will ever be sucessful.

Be Blessed and keep on keeping on and I will do the same. Connie
  • alejandra110
    Options
    :tongue: you read my mind! thats the first thing when that i thought when i enrolled on this page! lol
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think my biggest problem is that I have so much to lose, and while I am making progress toward my goal...I want it fast...I want it now...I want to start seeing inches and pounds gone, not just on the scale but on my body...I want my clothes to be loose and I want people to say "wow, look at you!" I found a quote in a magazine the other day that I try to keep in mind when I get discouraged..."I am the sum of my small steps." Every minute I spend walking, every mile I do on the stationary bike, and every fattening food I choose not to eat in order to have something healthier is a small step toward my goal. I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike tonight and it felt great.

I do have a question though. I am feeling like my exercise choices are very limited because of my size. What is everyone else doing for exercise? So far I have just been walking around my neighborhood and riding the stationary bike (although I can't do the bike as long as I want to because my butt gets numb from sitting on the tiny little seat! lol)
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am in!

220 (realistic goal)
    210 (stretch goal)

Great work and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike tonight and it felt great.

I do have a question though. I am feeling like my exercise choices are very limited because of my size. What is everyone else doing for exercise? So far I have just been walking around my neighborhood and riding the stationary bike (although I can't do the bike as long as I want to because my butt gets numb from sitting on the tiny little seat! lol)

Congrats on working out tonight, it feels great dosn't it.

I do classes at the gym and desided one day to try the group cycle, my butt hurt so bad and I was not sure I was going to be able to walk after wards, it is an hour long class. So I totally understand the butt thing.

Have you tried jumping rope, they are cheap and would work out some other muscles or getting some weights and doing arm stuff while watching TV (thats what I do) according to the trainer I had the more muscle you have the more calories your body burns thoughout the day.

I am loving the elliptical trainer right now, I am up to being able to do 30 minutes without dying and I am large chested so my back likes it so much more then my attempts at jogging.
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I had the same problem with limited exercise when I started. To add insult to injury I had my left knee replaced in Sept. 2007 and my right hip in Jan. 2005. These are a couple of good reasons for all of you folks younger than me to get the weight off. Most likely my arthritis is obesity induced. I am 52 and was younger (by 25 years) than any other joint replacement person in the physical therapy sessions I attended. This should be a good incentive.

Anyway I started just doing about 15 minutes on the stationary bike. That was back in the first week of March. Now I am doing 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, ab crunches (they are not pretty), various weight machines and free weights, and an occasional ride on the stationary bike when my knee isn't cooperating. I've lost 107 pounds and am feeling really good.

As a guy I've decided that the stationary bike can't be good for my already ailing prostate. Though the numbness in the backside area has diminished significantly as I've gotten fitter.

Everyone tells me to do the pool. My orthopedic surgeon really prefers that I do non-weight bearing exercise. The problem I have is that I have never been a good swimmer and just can't seem to get a workout that satisfies in the water. I have no doubt that swimming is an outstanding way to go. I just don't do it myself.

I learned something new this week that is painful but necessary knowledge. I don't think I already posted this so here goes:

I am sure everyone on this site knows what their resting metabolic rate is. Just in case you don't.... your resting rate is the calories you burn just getting through a regular day, no exercise. There are 3,500 calories in a pound. This means that when any of us consumes an excess of 3,500 calories above resting metabolic rate plus exercise calories we will gain 1 pound. Take the 3,500 calories and divide it by 30 days. You get 116 calories. If we eat only 116 extra calories every day for 1 month we gain 1 pound. How many of the bad food choices do we make on regular basis where a few bites exceeds 116 calories? The answer is really bad news. I know why I weighed 426 pounds and still need to lose another 75 lbs. Think about it. Keep your diary on this site or on your IPOD or write it on a Big Chief tablet. Just do it and I believe it will help keep each of us aware of how much we push down our throats.

I guess thats enough preaching for one evening. I am off to bed.

Cheers and GOOD (moderate) eating to all.

Tim
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    *WARNING: VENTING AHEAD!*

I just weighed in this week and somehow I have gained a pound. :mad: I know it's not much, and it's probably muscle or some other logical explanation, but when I'm trying so desperately to make the scale move in the opposite direction it's frustrating to see that it's not working! :grumble: I've been working out 6 days a week, and while it's not the most athletic form of exercise (I usually walk at a brisk pace for approx 45 mins.) I'm still moving a heckuva lot more than I used to. It's been so long since I've had a "bad day" and I haven't gone over my calories at all. What gives?!
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone... :happy: I haven't really posted that much lately... I was doing so good for a long time then out of no where I fell off the wagon... Can some one kick me in the butt to get me moving again? I am getting married 2/14/2009 and I want to look like a coke bottle not a 2 liter... I know what I have to do and I know this site works... I have lost over 80 pounds using it. I know what happens when you eat over your calories, but yet I have still been doing it... And thanks to timragan I now know that eating only 116 extra calories a day leads to 1 pound a month gain...:noway: Ummm I have been eating well over 116 calories extra a day and I did gain 6 pounds... I went to bed and woke with every intention of throwing the kids in the stroller and going walking... until I woke up this morning and it is raining outside :sad: :mad: Needless to say I am going to put in an exercise dvd and try to get motivated enough to do the whole videoand pray the between the 4 kids they can entertain eachother playing while I try to get atleast 30 minutes of exercise in. There are very good at playing together however when you need to do something it seems like all of a sudden they don't know how to play.. ANy words of motivation or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.... :smile:

Sorry just needed to vent... I feel a little better now. Hope everyone has a great day!!! :bigsmile:

:heart: Rachael
  • anniec
    Options

I often wonder if the demons we give free rent to in our heads arn't the cause of our being overweight. The tapes play over an over you're not good enough, youcan't do anything right etc.etc. Well I with you on this one kido, I'm kicking mine out too, cause I'm toooooooo good for them.

I love the quote and find so much truth in it. It is only by being truthful with ourselves, and facing where we are and where we want to go that we will ever be sucessful.

You are exactly right, Connie. I have FINALLY, at 44, figured out that the weight is the result of past crap. I should say, intellectually I always knew it was the result of the "PC" (past crap), but now I FEEL it in my soul. I feel it because I am letting go of my best friend, my comforter, my protector.... food. I focused on the food my entire life to cover and stuff the pain of being abused, of being abandoned (sp?). I didn't want to feel any pain. Cause it would be re-living the trauma all over again. I focused on the food, so I wouldn't focus on living, feeling.

I know there a lot of you out there in the same situation. But, try try try try !! The food and weight are symptoms of the problem. Not so with everyone, but those that had past trauma. That is why I would lose, then gain it back. I need to work on the problem. I need to heal me, to gain me.. to find me and know me. <Not sure if any of this makes sense to anyone else> I need to know that I am ok. That I didn't cause the abuse, that I didn't ask for it. Baby steps. And awareness, for me, was the first baby step.

Yep we all need to keep on, keepin' on regardless of the WHYs of it all. Life really is a tapestry. We all have different colors, patterns that are weaved into different stories. We HAVE HAVE to believe life is amazing. Even when it sucks like hell, even when the pain is unbearable. We are ALL worth it. And we can all learn from each other, and pick up each other when we hit life's potholes. After all, that is why we are here.

Eat healthy !! :bigsmile:
  • anniec
    Options
    hello, im new to this site and im going for losing 100 pounds...

Welcome ! You are right where you need to be! Use the boards. Believe me, they help. They got me through the past weekend.

Glad you are here, Shaye. :flowerforyou:
  • mirandamdwyer
    Options
    Hi, I want to join too. I have over 60lbs to loose.
  • apigchangedmylife
    Options
    I am new here and this sounds FANTASTIC!
    I have 100 pounds to lose and I have lost about 8 so far!
  • annex1
    Options

You are exactly right, Connie. I have FINALLY, at 44, figured out that the weight is the result of past crap. I should say, intellectually I always knew it was the result of the "PC" (past crap), but now I FEEL it in my soul. I feel it because I am letting go of my best friend, my comforter, my protector.... food. I focused on the food my entire life to cover and stuff the pain of being abused, of being abandoned (sp?). I didn't want to feel any pain. Cause it would be re-living the trauma all over again. I focused on the food, so I wouldn't focus on living, feeling.

I know there a lot of you out there in the same situation. But, try try try try !! The food and weight are symptoms of the problem. Not so with everyone, but those that had past trauma. That is why I would lose, then gain it back. I need to work on the problem. I need to heal me, to gain me.. to find me and know me. <Not sure if any of this makes sense to anyone else> I need to know that I am ok. That I didn't cause the abuse, that I didn't ask for it. Baby steps. And awareness, for me, was the first baby step.

Yep we all need to keep on, keepin' on regardless of the WHYs of it all. Life really is a tapestry. We all have different colors, patterns that are weaved into different stories. We HAVE HAVE to believe life is amazing. Even when it sucks like hell, even when the pain is unbearable. We are ALL worth it. And we can all learn from each other, and pick up each other when we hit life's potholes. After all, that is why we are here.

Eat healthy !! :bigsmile:

Me again, just wanted to say - whatever it takes kill the demons. I'm 67 and still cry over past abuse and pain - now how stupid is that. I have beautiful children, grandchildrin, and a husband of 47 years who has loved me through all of it. I just want to say what a waste of our lives to cry, and stuff over events and people who could care less about us. I am trying to focus on now and live in the present. One of my daughters told me "mom, we adore you more than anything and yet you live in the past." I stuffed myself up to 398 pounds, and it is hard to take off when you get older because of joint problems, etc. Well anyhow long story short, we can do this together, causing more pain in our lives by being fat is not going to change one thing about the past. I think too that the reason we lose down and gain back is we really are afraid of looking good for fear some scum bag will hurt us again. That's just my psyco - boo-boo thought for the day. Be Blessed and hang in there, we'll meet at the finish line yet. :flowerforyou: Connie
  • annex1
    Options
    *WARNING: VENTING AHEAD!*

I just weighed in this week and somehow I have gained a pound. :mad: I know it's not much, and it's probably muscle or some other logical explanation, but when I'm trying so desperately to make the scale move in the opposite direction it's frustrating to see that it's not working! :grumble: I've been working out 6 days a week, and while it's not the most athletic form of exercise (I usually walk at a brisk pace for approx 45 mins.) I'm still moving a heckuva lot more than I used to. It's been so long since I've had a "bad day" and I haven't gone over my calories at all. What gives?!

It is more that likely water weight, last month after being faithful following my eating program and exercising 6 days a week I gained 23 pounds. I know it was water weight as I am a CHF paitent and can gain 6 pounds overnight. My daughter who has no problems like that has found that some weeks the scale will do that, just be patient and next week you will more than likely have a good weight loss. I am not going to weigh myself until I see the Dr. again on the 8th and I hope and pray by then this will be gone along with some extra pounds. I am not giving up and don't you either we can do this thing and get the weight off. Be Blessed, Connie