Like Minded Lushes - November

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I didn't drink last night!!!! And I went to the Mexican restaurant and had soup. . .

AWESOME!!! That's exactly what I'm talking about...
  • raven5131
    Options
    How cool is this? I am on a low carb diet and love my wine but can live without it. I love my crown. I went to a party and one of the hosts asked me if he could fix me a drink and I said yeah I brought some Crown Royal. He asked me what I wanted with it and I said ice. It has been a running joke since. But seriously, though my Crown doesn't have any carbs I have to way limit my intake because it will halt my wieght loss. So I have chosen not to have my regular "cocktail". I pick my days. I went for two months and told myself I would allow myself to drink when I went to Savannah for the weekend., Then a month or so later I told myself I would have wine when some girlfriends came to visit for the weekend. I make these decisions knowing full well that I will not loose a pound until after the alcohal gets out of my system. This weekend? Well it was a rough week. I know what to expect and make that choice just like I do with my diet. All that said, I still love me some Crown! But one of my other favorites DiSaronno is off limits. To much sugar. Choices, Choices.
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    We had a very memorable evening,I still can't believe little man is 18 ,such is life I guess.Thanks for the well wishes yesterday.

I did have a few drinky drinks,but I made it to work,guess that makes me a functioning alcoholic.

No drinks till FRIDAY!!:noway:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I felt so much better yesterday I was really wired last night so I had a cocktail to try and help settle me down. still within my calories though. Happy Wednesday Lushes.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Still, went over on cals last night, thanks to the Halloweeen candy. There will be drinking tonight, DH is doing an improv show and I could avoid drinking but I probably won't...Tomorrow hockey game and Friday is well, Friday!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    We caved last night, our excuse was it was Election night. Problem is we always have an excuse. But today is another day. Actually logged my breakfast and lunch for the first time in awhile. Off to put more foods in my thingy so it is easier to find them.
    Have a good day lushes!

edit - I just added a fun size 3 Musketeer's bar to my snacks for today and realized it is only 7 calories less than a drink!! ugh, i could of had a V-8. :ohwell:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see this thread!! My beer belly is a BIG problem. I have not had a beer since Oct. 30 and "lost" 7 lbs. I know this is just my body releasing extra water. My feet have been swelling, soooo I knew what had to go. I also need to exercise, move more! Being unemployed for a year has not been easy: gained 35 lbs. But have more than that to lose. I've been in and out of this site this year.

Since I love my beer so much, I have gained 80 lbs in the last 8 years. Slowly at first; it doesn't help to be getting older, damn metabolism. Sometimes I think I just gave up the exercise and said heck, I can have all the beers I want. I have always eaten the right foods, organically grown produce, chic, fish etc. so that part is not a problem. Always eat dinner: "Feed the liver if you drink" is the advice from my 70 yr old + wife and husband friends. And they don't mean junk! lol

Life has been stressful the last 4 years. I didn't look back too much on that but now I am. A stressful boss for 5 years, job change to mortgage that went flat, new job with a company that barely keeps going moneywise for 2-1/2 yrs, laid off for a year so far. My step dad died of cancer 3-1/2 yrs ago. Mom now has it and will be here only for a short time.

I'm not here to complain, although rereading this sounds like it! I am truly blessed that I've been with a great guy for 5 years. Thank goodness he has the stable job or I'd be talking shortsale. I have a good son I'm proud of, and siblings that are the best. I just need to lay off the beer! And exercise. I've been trying to figure out why I want (not consciously) my fat suit. What am I so afraid of? I've got a couple ideas having to do with the opposite sex and people expecting more. Hmmmm.

Well, so far it's been easy. But, I know I'll want some cold ones tonight just for being good..... May I also say I can put down 7-8 lite beers too. Not good. So I will battle my will later! Thanks for reading.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

My quest for sobriety continues...Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday....ta da, 0 drinks
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    I am glad to see this thread!! My beer belly is a BIG problem. I have not had a beer since Oct. 30 and "lost" 7 lbs. I know this is just my body releasing extra water. My feet have been swelling, soooo I knew what had to go. I also need to exercise, move more! Being unemployed for a year has not been easy: gained 35 lbs. But have more than that to lose. I've been in and out of this site this year.

Since I love my beer so much, I have gained 80 lbs in the last 8 years. Slowly at first; it doesn't help to be getting older, damn metabolism. Sometimes I think I just gave up the exercise and said heck, I can have all the beers I want. I have always eaten the right foods, organically grown produce, chic, fish etc. so that part is not a problem. Always eat dinner: "Feed the liver if you drink" is the advice from my 70 yr old + wife and husband friends. And they don't mean junk! lol

Life has been stressful the last 4 years. I didn't look back too much on that but now I am. A stressful boss for 5 years, job change to mortgage that went flat, new job with a company that barely keeps going moneywise for 2-1/2 yrs, laid off for a year so far. My step dad died of cancer 3-1/2 yrs ago. Mom now has it and will be here only for a short time.

I'm not here to complain, although rereading this sounds like it! I am truly blessed that I've been with a great guy for 5 years. Thank goodness he has the stable job or I'd be talking shortsale. I have a good son I'm proud of, and siblings that are the best. I just need to lay off the beer! And exercise. I've been trying to figure out why I want (not consciously) my fat suit. What am I so afraid of? I've got a couple ideas having to do with the opposite sex and people expecting more. Hmmmm.

Well, so far it's been easy. But, I know I'll want some cold ones tonight just for being good..... May I also say I can put down 7-8 lite beers too. Not good. So I will battle my will later! Thanks for reading.

Hello Crazycat. If you have been visiting this site over the past year then you will know that there are a lot of people here who will cheer you on, support you and dust you down if you slip. Just take tiny steps; set realistic goals and give yourself rewards and, if you do slip, don't beat yourself up, there is always a new day when you can start afresh. :wink: :wink:

Happy Wednesday, fellow lushes; only two days to the weekend for those of us who allow ourselves a little drink on the weekend. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Pam
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

My quest for sobriety continues...Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday....ta da, 0 drinks

I can match your Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday :) Ex hubby round tonight for dinner and he sat opposite me drinking cider, proud to say I didn't cave in and join him.

Not been to the gym since Sunday, not unwell but so tired and got no energy :( been struggling to stay awake again this evening. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing and i'll be back to normal soon, will aim to go to the gym tomorrow and do some weights. But for now I'm off to soak in the bath with a book, just have to hope I don't nod off and dunk the pages in...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

I can match your Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday :) Ex hubby round tonight for dinner and he sat opposite me drinking cider, proud to say I didn't cave in and join him.

Not been to the gym since Sunday, not unwell but so tired and got no energy :( been struggling to stay awake again this evening. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing and i'll be back to normal soon, will aim to go to the gym tomorrow and do some weights. But for now I'm off to soak in the bath with a book, just have to hope I don't nod off and dunk the pages in...

Good job on refraining from the cider...Since we are keeping pace, "Are you drinking tomorrow?" he, he...have to say that when I have a lull in the cocktails, I seem to be more productive...have a nice bath and that does sound like a good plan for me as well
  • rjadams
    Options
    who needs booze when you can go shopping at Ross and buy size 4 jeans. the last time I went jean shopping at Ross I bought size 12's . I am so feeling good right now. wish I could bottle and drink this!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hi crazycat, sounds like you have come to the right place. Seems we have all built up some tolerance. Last month somebody posted that they hadn't had any alcohol in only a short time (week?) and had become a lightweight. Somebody refresh my memory. That's what DH and I are looking for.

Way to go Yvonne and Kim!

Robin, I'm going shopping at Ross! :laugh: I did fit into some pants that have been hanging in the dry cleaner bag for a while, an actual 16 and not 16W!
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It took a month of no drinking to reclaim my lightweight status. I just hope my high tolerance doesn't return like my fat after a fad diet -- fast and furious -- because I'm sort of enjoying being happy with just a few drinks once a week. I do get a lot more done and I do have more calories for good stuff. I'm also losing more weight than I was before with less torture necessary. As long as I don't have to give up my weekend imbibing! I won't I won't I won't!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I do get a lot more done and I do have more calories for good stuff. I'm also losing more weight than I was before with less torture necessary. As long as I don't have to give up my weekend imbibing! I won't I won't I won't!!!!

I'm starting to see the light as well...
  • fsuxo2003
    Options
    WAY TO GO ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say fitting into a size 8 pair of pants my friend can't wear anymore was the highlight of my weekend :) I've also lost an inch from my hips and an inch from my waist! yay. And.......DRUM ROLL PLEASE......ZERO DRINKS THIS WEEK! I have found I'd much rather save my calories for a small cup of skinny cow ice cream than a glass of wine at the end of the day.....I also discovered sugar free Hersey's powder.....2Tblsp's are only 35 calories and it's so yummy - even in hot water!

May go in a first date this weekend......so will most likely drink then......but going a week with no alcohol is plenty!!!??
  • nisijam5
    Options
    who needs booze when you can go shopping at Ross and buy size 4 jeans. the last time I went jean shopping at Ross I bought size 12's . I am so feeling good right now. wish I could bottle and drink this!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Robin...I'll drink to that:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    fsuxo...have fun on your date...:bigsmile: :love:
    Yvonne...I took your lead with the hot bath:happy: ...I took a bowl of ice cream with me, not a book:noway: ...went to bed at 8:00 PM:yawn:

Hoping to stay drink free which is more than likely...which will be day #5...wooo hooo
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options

Robin, that is fantastic; think it will be a long time before I can achieve something like that. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Christy - you are brilliant.

Keep motoring fellow lushes, the weekend starts tomorrow! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    :wink: :wink: :wink:

Pam
  • fsuxo2003
    Options
    I love it that I read your postings with a British accent in my mind......BRILLIANT! Love it :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    I have no excuse for having a cocktail last night other than I was in a really really good mood. I stayed within calories and right now I am just really happy. I haven't felt this positive in a long time and I am just going to go with it. The scale is moving down albiet slowly but that is fine. I should be freaking out since my Unemployement ends really soon but I am not. Positive thinking will bring positive energy my way!:happy:

I hope you all have a wonderful lucious day.