What's your workout pet peeve??

Options
124»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    its made with real panther so you know it's good. It works 60% of the time every time.

it stings the nostrils.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I hate when I get to the gym and forget my towel. That thing is so useful and I feel useless without it.

Also when my headphones slip out or break. Recently mine have started coming apart and shock my ears from all the static electricity in my shorts/sweats. Not fun.

Always annoyed at the people who use 2-3 stations or hold on to weights, or that look at you with disgust if you ask to work in. I mean, really? Or the people that go across the gym to jump rope or something and leave their entire weight set up on the squat rack. It doesn't work like that.
  • amanda7630
    Options
    People that have the treadmill on an 80 degree angle and are walking while holding on the rails and leaning back...you do realize you are not doing any work at all?!?! The treadmill is doing everything....let go of the rails and use your arms and legs! If you can't walk on that angle, then LOWER IT! ugh!

People that sit on a machine and text and don't work out...Sunday, I did 4 different leg exercises with barbells while waiting for this guy to get off the leg press and I finished 4 exercises with 3 sets of 12 reps and he still was on it...MOVE IT OR LOSE IT PAL!!

Thank you for letting me vent. ;)
    Oh, the treadmill thing drives me mad too!
    Also people (and not necessarily girls :smile: ) who stand looking in the mirrors primping and preening just getting in the way!

Oh my goodness! So true on both of these! Saw this lady sitting on a machine once, she was reading a magazine, cycling at little to no resistance and going about .05 mph. She was just sitting there taking up the machine my fiance wanted and it was so annoying! She was there forever and by the time she got up, not even a drop of sweat that I saw!
    Another irritation is just when people stare. When I workout I go ALL OUT! So I am so red faced and sweaty, breathing hard and lookin like I'm dying so the last thing I need is peeps starin while I'm tryin to concentrate! Annoying!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Not so much a pet peeve anymore because I workout at home. I hated girls who hogged the cardio machines of course had a full face of makeup.

I was waiting for this one to show up.

Me too. Please don't judge the makeup too harshly, some of us go to the gym directly from work and I don't wash off the makeup just to workout.
  • amanda7630
    Options
    i think this thread was poorly titled. it's supposed to be about your personal idiosyncrasies in regards to the gym. you know, how some people have "their" elliptical, or something.

Yea I was going for something a little different but these responses are so hilarious! I'll have to change up my topic hahaha, lovin the laughs!
  • amylite
    amylite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cell phone talkers. Those guys who are on the machine next to you, chatting with their pals about literally nothing. Just to be chatting. The "hey, I'm working out at the gym" conversations. And they are usually held at a much higher volume than my music in my own headphones. They know what they're doing, as thye never notice you glaring at them because they never turn their heads to look at you.

Oh, and please wash your workout clothes now and again. Everyone will appreciate that :)
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    anyone who doesn't re-rack their weights.
  • dietcoke29
    dietcoke29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not so much a pet peeve anymore because I workout at home. I hated girls who hogged the cardio machines of course had a full face of makeup.

I was waiting for this one to show up.

Me too. Please don't judge the makeup too harshly, some of us go to the gym directly from work and I don't wash off the makeup just to workout.

Oh I meant they get dolled up to strut their stuff. No sweating, very light practical walk (jog) on the treadmill. Talking on the phone.. I'm sure you know those girls too.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    LADIES NOT WEARING UNDERWEAR AT THE GYM.

Had to be said.
    When I go, I wipe that thing down multiple times since reading that thread.
    I also sit on 2 towels. YES TWO.

-shudder-
    Thanks, now I'm gonna be wondering if the person before me was wearing underwear...some how I've ignored this for 30 something years.
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    Sounds more like workout must have. Mine is water and right clothes. Guess I am an easy fix :) My pet peeve is A**holes at the gym who are in mega good shape scoffing at me for trying. Hey at least I am out there doing it not just sitting on my bum complaining! God I hate meat heads!

Soooo messed up! I don't think I'll ever understand people who act that way...whenever I see someone in the gym, no matter how big they are I ALWAYS think, HELL YEA! YOU GET IT! I admire anyone in the gym working to be healthier. Forget those losers, if they are that vain then how fulfilling could their lives possibly be? Sad for them. Keep it up with your hard work! You'll be even sexier that them in no time! ;)

• paulylovesme
    Options
    People that have the treadmill on an 80 degree angle and are walking while holding on the rails and leaning back...you do realize you are not doing any work at all?!?! The treadmill is doing everything....let go of the rails and use your arms and legs! If you can't walk on that angle, then LOWER IT! ugh!

SO THIS! as well as the ones that run but then jump their feet to the side, stop go stop go stop go, if you can't handle running that fast then slow down the speed! lol

The first def bugs me second used to. But then someone explained they are interval training. I am more in my zone while I am there and just want to be left alone :)
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    LADIES NOT WEARING UNDERWEAR AT THE GYM.

Had to be said.
    When I go, I wipe that thing down multiple times since reading that thread.
    I also sit on 2 towels. YES TWO.

-shudder-

How do you know they aren't wearing underwear? I guess I don't inspect the other ladies in my gym that close.
    There was a thread here last month that most of the women on here admitted to not wearing underwear on the workout machines.
    So... Precautionary measures.

That is so effing gross on so many levels!
  • TheSwollMinister
    TheSwollMinister Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I always shower before a workout.. Just feel warm and refreshed. Everyone always asks me if I am finished with my
    workout and I explain to them why I shower. Just a habit I have from my racquetball days.
    also I have to have the same bike for spin and the same spot for body pump. I wish I could change that.

I have to shower before I work out also. My wife thinks it's the strangest thing...
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I always shower before a workout.. Just feel warm and refreshed. Everyone always asks me if I am finished with my
    workout and I explain to them why I shower. Just a habit I have from my racquetball days.
    also I have to have the same bike for spin and the same spot for body pump. I wish I could change that.

I have to shower before I work out also. My wife thinks it's the strangest thing...

...and brushing teeth before running! Fresh peppermint feeling while sucking in the O2!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

...and brushing teeth before running! Fresh peppermint feeling while sucking in the O2!
    Glad I'm not the only one that does the brushing teeth thing, then. Thought I was strange lol.
  • jesseg1989
    jesseg1989 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hate it when somebody tries to get my attention when I'm lifting.
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Oh and spray a ton of perfume cologne before working out. The combo of sweat and perfume makes me gag.
    forgot this. i got stuck on a treadmill recently next to some guy who was all saturated with sex panther or old spice or something equally annoying. i was thinking WHO needs to put on that much cologne on a sunday afternoon?!

I swim. Try swimming behind someone drenched in perfume/cologne. Not only can you smell it, but you can taste it too!
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Can't workout with other people in the room HAHAHAHA