When a Woman is Mad at You

Options

Replies

• drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    Ugh, I hate crap like this. Women don't use these techniques, girls do.

This.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it confuses men when you actually mean what you say!
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Oh no. I flip $#!+ that moment. I dont use "go ahead" passive aggressive tactics. I tell my hubs, "i f****** dare you. See if i dont change the locks."
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I don't use most of these but, I am Guilty of the "Whatever!" At least he understands that, knows I'm upset, and probably should be thankful that I'm not speaking my mind. It's much better than "You're a ^@#%^(&% IDIOT."
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    lol, well i'm single so I have no need to use any of those terms but tbh i'm pretty sure at one point or another they are accurate for most women....but not always... as a bit of fun its funny to look at..and not offensive in anyway..
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options

I disagree. I feel like you're implying its a lack of maturity using these techniques. To me, it is my way of conveying I'm upset without getting confrontational. I hope he picks up on my displeasure so that I don't need to have it out about everything.

So you hope for him to recognize something's wrong by acting as if everything's fine instead of just telling him? And what if he doesn't get it? How is telling someone how you feel "confrontational"?
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

This
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options

I disagree. I feel like you're implying its a lack of maturity using these techniques. To me, it is my way of conveying I'm upset without getting confrontational. I hope he picks up on my displeasure so that I don't need to have it out about everything.

So you hope for him to recognize something's wrong by acting as if everything's fine instead of just telling him? And what if he doesn't get it? How is telling someone how you feel "confrontational"?

What if you've already told him in so many ways a dozen times?? But he just doesn't get it? And you're sick of fighting? So you resort to "fine" or "whatever" to spare another confrontation?
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    What if you've already told him in so many ways a dozen times?? But he just doesn't get it? And you're sick of fighting? So you resort to "fine" or "whatever" to spare another confrontation?

That's not healthy. If after all that, you're still angry/sad/upset and you want to stop talking about it, how about you just say "Hey, I'm tired of talking about this, so let's stop." It'd be better than letting him think everything's ok or that you're done fighting about it.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Women are trained to avoid confrontation. If you think about it, its true. I remember my dad would tell me all the time, don't be so loud women should speak softly. It is starting to change, but strong women were not seen as a good thing. So if you argued with anyone or confronted someone, well your a ***** and that is all there is to it. Therefore women are trained not to argue, they are told outright or subtly to obey (remember the wedding vows), obey is not said by the man. It has gradually changed and the society is allowing women to be confrontational and outspoken, but it still is underlying implication. Men don't like it when you argue with them, men want to be in charge, manipulate him into doing what you want, give hints. This may not have been said, but women saw their mother's doing it, we see it on TV, etc.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options

So you're referring to your very personal circumstances.
    IMHO, in a relationship between two mature people, talking about problems and how to solve them should be a totally natural thing. That's how relationships (should) work.
  • Cali_Chica
    Options

So you're referring to your very personal circumstances.
    IMHO, in a relationship between two mature people, talking about problems and how to solve them should be a totally natural thing. That's how relationships (should) work.

My personality just isn't cantankerous. I can't stand arguing. So yeah there are things he just isn't picking up when I put down. So instead of being a quarrelsome aggressive partner who nags incessantly, I go passive aggressive route. Not saying it is healthy, but not sure arguing about same thing is healthy either.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    When upset, many women often use the "Delayed Reaction Maneuver"

How effective is this technique when communicating?

Men: Can you tell when it is being used on you?

1. It is effective on ending a relationship. I'm a grown man, I don't play games or want drama in my life. If something bothers you on what I said, reacted, or did. Tell me.

2. Yes I can tell. I've said this before. Men are simple creatures. We do stupid stuff at times, and we try to one up each other by comparing our size of our penls'. It doesn't mean we don't know when something is bothering you, it just might mean we don't care to play that game of guess why I am mad.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Just break up.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

That's not healthy. If after all that, you're still angry/sad/upset and you want to stop talking about it, how about you just say "Hey, I'm tired of talking about this, so let's stop." It'd be better than letting him think everything's ok or that you're done fighting about it.

You must be single, once you have a bf or a husband, your opinions would change very quickly.

Just because you landed a problem relationship doesn't mean all women in relationships mishandle conflict. That's...irrational.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I just don't see the point in any of that. If we're talking about a man who actually loves you, then whatever he did or said was probably not done with the intention of hurting you or pissing you off. So talk to him about it, and then move on. If, as a result of calm, rational evaluation, you're pretty sure he meant to hurt you or piss you off, then your man-picker needs work.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am just so sick of dealing with it.
    Last night she had a fit over me taking a bite out of her sweet potatoe.
    Ridiculous.

Sweet potatoes in my opinion are not worth fighting over. Blech. She be crazy :laugh:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Just break up.
    +1.
  • Cali_Chica
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Just break up.
    [/quote]
    +1.
    [/quote]

And let some new woman reap the benefits of my years of hard work? Hell no!:laugh:
  • csmullins78
    csmullins78 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I used to do all the passive aggressive nonsense because I didn't like confrontation, and I probably felt like I wasn't worth being treated right.

Now, I'm completely open and honest with everything. BF tells me yesterday that he wants to do something that I am not OK with, I tell him that if he does this, it will really hurt me. Period. He goes on and on about how I'm misguided and I just say, "I've been upfront about my feelings, misguided or not. Now, it's up to you to decide what you're going to do. Right now, I'm dropping this conversation since we aren't getting anywhere with it." Light bulb for him. I still have no clue what he's going to do, or how I'll react when/if he does it, but there is no question at all about what I think about this and my feelings.

Meh, I guess we'll see...