Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hello nice people,

I'm new here and I'm excruciatingly shy but lately I'm forcing myself to do all sorts of things I'm uncomfortable with, so here I am.

Briefly, about a month ago some stuff happened which made me seriously evaluate my life, especially what aspects of it I could and could not control. And I decided I could take control of what I stuff in my face and what portion of the day my butt spends on the couch. It's been a rough month, like most of them lately, but I walked into a gym and joined it and I've been going there semi-regularly since. I have anxiety and other bad brain stuff, so I don't know what I'm doing there and am terrified to ask anyone, but I'm going. I even did internet research on what the heck an elliptical thingie was and now I love it. It's like jogging without the impact!

Today I fooled around with new buttons on the treadmill control and decided I would just do my utmost to complete the "weight loss" routine. Promised that if I did I could get an iced coffee. I drink it almost black and no sweetener at all, so it's the $3 I fuss about, not the calories. ;) I'm wicked cheap!

Anyway, I found myself gabbing away about to my best friend, who is a reasonably fit guy a decade younger than I am, and while he is ultra supportive and loves me, he's never weighed 350 pounds or been a 39-year-old woman or struggled with anything like this. I realized I need to get out of my comfort zone -- AGAIN?! -- and makes "health buddies." (350 was 15 years ago, I'm much less now.)

Um. So. Hi. I'm very friendly, I swear, I'm just bad at it. I'm happy to be here.

Today, a few days before my period is due and right after Thanksgiving, I decided to step on the scale and use that scary horrible number to motivate myself. "Remember, Pyro, you are probably back at square one because you missed the gym for five weeks. Brace yourself."

It was DOWN?! I burst into tears, which kinda confirms the PMS thing and I should be bloated like a beach ball, but... Jeez, I feel so accomplished! I look forward to getting to know you nice folks and sharing your happinesses too. :)

Tuesday goals: Log every mouthful and go to the gym every day this week, (2 out of 5 so far!), keep eating less and moving more over the weekend.

Hey Pyro!! Welcome to the thread. You've found an amazing group. If you stay with us, I think you'll really come out of your shell. This group is amazing!! I've been on here since August 2012. I haven't followed any other thread except this one. I've have some major ups and downs, but they've pushed me through. In the past, I would have completely given up like I did all those hundreds of times. Not this time. I'm hanging in there and slowly working my way down the scale. I'm probably completely opposite and can basically hold a conversation with a stranger. Poor taxi drivers - LOL!!! Good for you and getting out there. Joining a gym can be very intimidating, but you did it. Some gyms will offer 3 free sessions to teach you the machines. I would ask about that. If not, just keep doing what you're doing. You'll find machines you like better than others. So proud of you!! This thread moves pretty quick during the week, but much slower on the weekends. I try to check daily if I can, but you'll feel welcomed I'm sure. I have the same mantra - eat less and move more!!!!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Today I'm determined to make a dent in the pile of boxes filled with Christmas decorations that are sitting in my dining room. I love the house when it's decorated for the holidays, but don't enjoy the process. It's dreary and gray here today. Perhaps if I have a fire and some Christmas carols going, I'll get the decorating done.

@Robin - So glad you finally have an answer and can get some relief. Thank goodness you went for a second opinion. Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

@Queen - Enjoy that sweet puppy. I'm sure he'll have a wonderful home with you. I have a 22 lb Cavachon (mix of Bichon and Cavalier King Charles spaniel). He's an adorable mess and makes me smile every day. He's also a great walking partner and is willing to go as far as I want.

@Kaye - Love your new picture. I can see how far you have come. Congrats! I hope your dad gets settled in easily. I know how hard it is to see our parents become more dependent when we've always leaned on them.

@Pyro - Welcome. The regulars here are a wonderful and encouraging group.

@Susan - Like you, I am thankful for my wonderful kids. Well, in my case they're no longer kids (25 and 29). Sometimes I look at them in amazement that I had anything to do with the people they have become. They are truly the joys of my life.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish- That the snow would have passed us by for now...no such luck. I am still trying to get caught up on posts I started with the newest ones and am working my way back that way I can stay current at the same time.

@Karen- Thanks for the advice it is appreaciated. I am getting him signed up for puppy classes and we are working on the Come Here Command... I have been taking away toy and food (cause he shovels it in) randomly. My friend has have Rot/Coon Hound that is 2 so she has been helping me a little also. I will do some reading up on how to train a German Shepard tho.
    @Robin- I am sorry some of my posts make you sad but I am going to learn how to be happy with just me cuz you never know what God has in store.
    @Nettie- I chuckled because we weighed the pup last night at 4-5 months he weighs 22lbs my son said Riley you need to go on a diet your to big.
  • PyroJones
    PyroJones Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :) I actually slept last night, and as an insomniac that right there puts me in a good mood.

My Wednesday wish is... uh... Boy, I'm bad at wishing. I wish someone else would come get my laundry and take it to the laundromat. (On a serious note, I'm deeply fortunate the new washer will be delivered on the 12th.)

I wish beer didn't have calories. :grumble:

I'm home from the gym. I've got a good routine where I put my little boy on the bus for kindergarten and then drive right into town to the gym. No going home to pat the dog or grab anything, because the couch and big screen work together to suck me in, AND I hate leaving my house. Had to go a little easier than I expected because [personal lady issues], but I still met my regular goal.

I had more to say, especially CONGRATS to MN on the new puppy. The dog in my ticker is mine, and my profile pic is the best friend I have ever, EVER had, though he's gone now; dogs saved my life, very literally. They're the best. :)

However, I just got a call from my daughter and I've got to run to the high school and pick her up. She has an emotional disorder, like me, and apparently today is not going well and she'll be better off at home.

I hope to get better at replying personally to the people on the thread, soon. :)
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish - My agency put out posting for a potential new case to begin after the holidays. I put in that I have availability and can pick it up. I hope the case is definite and they put me on it. It would give me 15 more hours per week at my current rate of pay. The extra hours and money would be awesome and help me pay off those pesky student loans even faster. :wink:

My gratitude: Yesterday when I walked into my school I stopped and was chatting with the greeter before walking down to my classroom. I heard a child screaming and instantly thought to myself "That sounds like one of my kids." Sure enough when I arrive to my classroom my boss (Our district BCBA consultant - who happens to also be my boss through my agency) was blocking the door and the student who I thought was having a major tantrum. He has autism and has a difficult time with transitions. The few days off for Thanksgiving really threw him off. He flipped out when he realized he was going to my classroom instead to the bus to go home. The tantrum was intense and lasted for 40 minutes. My heart broke for this child as he was throwing himself on the floor and screaming at the top of the lungs. He was a complete sweaty mess. I just wanted to pick him up, hug him and comfort him. When he gets into these "moods" there is absolutely nothing you can do to calm him down. You have to just let him get it out of his system and self regulate. My boss had to step out of my classroom to clear up something. Later on she returned to check in and was amazed to see the little boy was sitting next to me and working on his art project. Since we were ok, she spent the rest of the day helping out in the other classes. Later on she saw us in the gym and commented to me how much better he was doing. I proudly bragged about all the wonderful things he did for me since she left. Out of all my students, he is the one who has come such a long way since September. I am super proud of him and beyond pleased with his progress. Even though my job can be exhausting, challenging and difficult, I am so grateful when I see the progress that each of my students are making. Knowing that I am able to reach these children and make a difference in their lives makes the job so worth while. I absolutely love it.

All of the children in my class are on the autism spectrum with varying degrees of autism. One boys is very verbal and higher functioning than the rest. Yesterday I asked him to go get his snack out of his backpack because after washing his hands he began to head straight for the toys. He turned around, looked at me and said "Mrs. F., will you just calm down already?" I had to turn around and walk away. My aides and I could not stop laughing. He is such a funny boy!

Mnwalking - Sorry to hear you had a rough time over the holiday. I hope things get better. I love to veg on the couch with a cozy blanket and watch Christmas movies! Congrats on the puppy. I am glad you decided to keep Riley. He is absolutely adorable. I am a sucker for puppies!

Welcome Pyro - Congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone and joining the gym. Just jump right in and join us. It seems like you are off to a great start! You will find a lot of support here. Be sure to come back and check in with us regularly!

Kah- Congrats on your results. That is great news! Sorry to hear you couldn't get comfortable. I hope you feel better today! I agree with you and Laurie about the treats and having them on occasion. I believe if you restrict yourself from everything you will just be miserable and then won't stick to it leading to failure. IMO allowing yourself treats once in a while, in moderation, is a more realistic goal that can teach you valuable lessons to last a lifetime in portion control and moderation. One winter treat I love is hot chocolate - but I add a peppermint patty to the cup and let it melt. It is so delicious. I love snuggling up on the couch with a cup of minty cocoa and watching a good movie.

To all who asked - I am ok. Thanks for asking. My student pretty much grabbed my neck in the center as hard as he could and pulled my skin towards him. I do have some wicked marks on my neck but at least it doesn't hurt anymore. I ended up wearing a scarf to work yesterday to hide the marks on my neck. I hate having to explain things like that to people. I am not scheduled to see that student again until Friday. I hope by the time I see him again he is in a much better mood. He can be aggressive from time to time (Pinch the fatty part of my arm) but this particular incident was very out of character for him. I later found out from his mother that he had a really rough night and didn't get any sleep. I attribute that to his behavior, plus he is non-verbal so he cannot express himself which is frustrating for him. We are working on teaching him to communicate with an augmentative device to help eliminate his frustration but it takes time to get him to be independent with it. Normally he is my little love bug who you just want to hug and squeeze all the time. Yesterday was a much better day for me at job 2 and I am in a much better mood now. :happy:

Tracy - I am envious of your automatic start on your car. My previous job required me to be in at 6:30 am. There were many mornings with layers of ice and freezing temps that I was cursing and wishing for that automatic start. I love the items on your daughter's Christmas list.

Robin - I am glad to hear there is no cancer. That is great news. So sorry to hear about your infection. That sounds really bad. I hope the antibiotics do the trick and you don't need surgery. I hope the issue with your throat is an easy fix. I am so happy that you went with that second opinion. Wishing you a speedy and problem free recovery!

I hope we all have a fantastic week and stick to our goals. We can do this! :drinker:
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good morning.. I have pretty much exactly 100 pounds left to lose.....

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (It's Wednesday, so I am going to make up for lost time and post Monday and Tuesdays also.....)

Monday - Did some walking over the weekend to gear up for a 5K on Saturday.. Cheated a bit but getting that under control..

Tuesday - My first goal is to be under 200 pounds by my daughter's 18th birthday (2/28).

Wednesday - My wish is to be healthy and happy and look younger than my age....
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: I wish I could get to 230 by the end of the month, but I'm going to be happy with anywhere within the 230-235 range (roughly 7 pounds to lose.) I am also setting a goal for myself to be under 220 by the end of February. If I can make it to 220, I will officially be at the lightest I have been since high school. :) I'm hoping my sizes reflect that. After losing 60 pounds, it's sad to only lose 3 pants sizes, but I guess plus size pants go in 20 pound increments instead of 10 pound, like regular sizes. :)
  • lonniebon
    lonniebon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone:

I lost 35 lbs about 2 years ago through a "paleo" style diet. After graduating, I gained 25 back, and now I'm on the quest to lose 100 lbs by Dec 2014 (through calorie counting and exercise).

Anyway, my Wednesday wish is to get my driver's license in a couple of weeks. I'm a little nervous, but a couple of more hours of practice should ease my nerves.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Today I am thankful for the kindness of strangers. My daughter's bus was early (we had her out there with a minute to spare) and she missed it. (I've called them and reminded them that there is a 3 minute "wait" time) Anyway, I then had to jump in the van and take her to school. We have the 1/2 inch of ice on the ground and then about 4-5 inches of snow on top of that. Unfortunately, Emma's school is at the top of a hill and the car in front of me was stopped so I had to stop. STUCK!! I had cars behind me so I couldn't back up and three people got out and pushed me. I love that people are stilling willing to help out strangers.

@Robin...I am so happy that you at least know what's happening and causing all your problems. I'll be saying prayers that the course of treatment works and that nothing more invasive needs to happen.

@Karen...but they can't have Santa's house there...he lives at the North Pole!!! :bigsmile:

@Laurie...I had an artificial tree that looked realistic and it didn't survive the move. Now I have this horrible tree that is just a step above the Charlie Brown tree. Michael and I decided that we will wait until we are in a home before we invest again, but it sure looks rough. :embarassed: A garden under the tree? I've never heard of that.

@Susan...yes if I would have had to work, my room would have been a different place as well. :ohwell: It really mostly bothered my husband because he would take an early evening nap (he had a hard time adjusting to a day schedule since he works nights). I was only in bed one time before the music stopped. Nights are my hardest time as well...I should just get better at going to bed at a decent hour.

@JNettie...I got the auto start because my office moved. We used to park across the street in a parking ramp...awesome! Then we built a new building on the outskirts of town and it was just a huge parking lot. We get tons of frozen rain at the beginning and end of winter and my husband was kind to me.

Wednesday Wish: That people remember to take precautions if they are in that super cold area of the country this week(end). Our area is suppose to range from -2 to -23 (plus windchills) on Thursday night through Tuesday. That is dangerous and people need to remember to stay covered up if they have to go out and stay in if at all possible. My daughter has two Christmas programs during that time, but we will be very warmly wrapped as we head out.

We did not lift last night. My back still hurting and my sister had a migraine. What do you do? I have a pretty hectic schedule today, but I'll see what I can sneak in to make up for the rest day yesterday.

My exercise plan:
    Monday - Water Aerobics (DONE)
    Tuesday - Lift (NOT DONE)
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Lift
    Friday - Cardio
    Saturday - Lift
    Sunday - Rest
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new ones. Come often and participate with us. Please join us in our gratitude month.
    Today I am thankful for answered prayers. My dad was able to understand that he would be moving for awhile because of my Bill's surgery. They told him last night and he still remembered this morning. He had a positive attitude and commented that it felt good there. It is a very home-like atmosphere. Thanks for caring. It really helps to be able to talk about it.
    It sounds like things are going well for the most part. Walking queen, good luck with the puppy. A well-trained pet can be a great companion. We are having a real cold snap here, too, but I don't think that it will go below zero. It makes it hard to get in a good walk, though.
    Hang on. We can do this. Kaye
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    It was a crazy day at work today, so just now getting a chance to check in.

@Tracy~We've been having wonderfully warm weather that is about to change overnight - from the 80s to the 40s and they say it won't be above 30 on Saturday. :frown: I couldn't handle below zero temps, I can barely handle the 30s! :laugh:

@Nettie~I admire you for the type of work that you do, that takes a very special person. I'm glad that you had a better day and are able to get through to some of your students. :flowerforyou:

Wednesday Wish~I have two. That if we are going to get the weather they are predicting, that it holds off until Friday night or Saturday - I really don't want a treacherous commute on Friday morning. I am also wishing that my promotion comes through before the end of the year.

AFM~Back is feeling a little better and its a good thing too - trainer had me on battle ropes and kettle bells today.

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Gym, training session DONE!
    Monday~Gym, cross trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~Rest Day
    Wednesday~Gym, training session DONE!
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~Gym (hopefully), meeting friends for HH (weather permitting)
    Saturday~10k (weather permitting) or gym for running drills
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for my students and my job. I know there are many times when I complain about my job but for the most part I still enjoy it.

The garden under the tree has been a tradition in my family for years, it may due to my great grandmother's German heritage. My mom always had a Christmas garden under their Christmas Tree and she has continued that tradition. We have two sides two the garden one is the village setting and then the farm land. Most of the animals came over from Germany and the rest are from my mom's parents. I have started my own modern garden but one day I will continue this tradition. When my brother and I were growing up, Santa would send his elves to decorate the Christmas Tree and put the garden under it. Now it amazes me how my parents would put up the tree and decorate it all in one night. Tonight, Mom and I put the ornaments on the Christmas tree and tomorrow night we will finish the tree. That includes doing the garden and putting on the garland. I would do the garden tonight but I do need to get some sleep.

Wish- that I find the desire to get back to the gym. I must admit that I have not worked out yesterday or today. I was tired plus I wanted to work on the tree. Tomorrow, I am helping to decorate the hay wagons after work for a couple of hours. It should be a warm afternoon and I will be doing a lot of walking. I am guessing that I won't feel like working out after that plus I will come home to work on the tree.

Happy Hump Day.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Finals week... crazy busy, but wanted to stop in and say hello! :drinker:

My trainer is awesome- LOVE her bunches. I hurt my hip and she helped me with some yoga stretches for it AND adjusted my routine. It didn't hurt at all to work out - but it was still HARD. I've never logged such crazy calorie burns before this. I also joined that cheap-o gym again. They gave me $19 a month without joining fees. I'm just using the treadmills on the days I can't go to my little private gym with the trainer.

I didn't get yoga class this week, but I DID get over 10,000 steps yesterday- thanks to the treadmill at the cheap-o gym. I think it is less stressful going there since I know that the cute little trainer guys can't talk me into a trainer. I have one. :bigsmile:

I hope you all are well. RobinsEgg- glad you have finally figured things out with your health. While the treatment sounds long- at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thinking of you.

Thinking of you all!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Had a busy day--meeting after work, then to starbucks to grade, then the gym. I rarely grade and work out on the same day, so pretty proud of myself. :wink:

Wed. Wish:
    My wish is that robin's antibiotics kick in and make her feel better very quickly. :flowerforyou:

I'm going to follow laurie's lead with my gratitude post. I'm so thankful for my students. Late yesterday the IL legislature passed SB1 which is a pension bill which negatively impacts all public servants in IL--teachers, police officers, etc. It will now go to the courts b/c it clearly violates the state constitution, so now it's a waiting game. Plus, we don't know if the courts will let the government proceed in implementing the changes while the bill works its way through the justice system or if they'll order a stay.

Needless to say, my colleagues and I headed to work with heavy hearts.However, my 1st hour AP class gave me plenty of reasons to smile and remember why I do this despite those troubles. They were having a "fishbowl" discussion about The Awakening and were so passionately arguing their points that I had to jump in and mediate--it was all in a friendly way, but still a bit heated. When the bell rang, I had to kick them out of class b/c they were still discussing. My student teacher was sitting in to observe (he's never watched my AP senior classes), and he was really impressed. We were joking that I really don't even need to be in the room--he said he was watching the clock and at one point they went 10 whole minutes without me needing to say a word. My other 2 AP classes were equally entertaining, and my juniors weren't too shabby today either. :tongue: I'm so thankful that I have such wonderful (albeit nerdy :laugh: ) students to work with!

Grading goals:
    1. 17/73 AP essays
    2. 40/73 AP journals

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner (shorter meeting) NOT DONE (too dark) BUT + gym (cardio) DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Fri--going to Christkindlmart after school
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (cardio)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 80
    Dead lift = 85
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90 :
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I got through all the posts finally. Sorry some of these personals are a little late.

@Nettie- Your MIL crazy story had me chuckling but I bet it gets annoying. Glad your neck is feeling better. I use to work with high functioning mentally disabled adults with behavior problems I was always coming home looking like I got beat up.
    @Robin- Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. First, Glad no cancer was found and that you got a 2nd opinion so you know now what is causing the pain. It sounds very scary to me but I am glad you feel your doctor is very good. Prayers continuing for you.
    @Grandmakaye- 29 people wow. My entire family grand kids and all is only 5. Love your new pic.
    @Jtconst- I agree 100% with sitting in the dark with the Christmas tree lights on. I always sit that way in my home at Christmas time our old cat use to lay under the tree and look up at the lights. I think in his former life he was a pot head cuz he liked florescent lights and cat nip.
    @Tlh0407- I love the 3 things you shared on your daughters list. Now Santa is going to have to write her back :wink:
    @Nacto- Good luck on Finals...It is my finals week too.

What I am grateful for today- Is for the loving people that God has put in my life.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I forgot to update my grading earlier.

Also, wanted to say welcome to the newlings! :flowerforyou:

Will get to personals tomorrow. :smile:

Grading goals:
    1. 22/73 AP essays
    2. 50/73 AP journals

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner (shorter meeting) NOT DONE (too dark) BUT + gym (cardio) DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Fri--going to Christkindlmart after school
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (cardio)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 80
    Dead lift = 85
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90 :
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Brrr…its crazy cold for Texas and only going to get worse. We’re under a winter storm warning from now through Friday, threat for us is always ice (up to 2”). This always brings the threat of power outages. :grumble: Yuck! I just want to be home under a blanket with Zoe.

@Karen~I used to be one of those nerdy students! :wink: I’m glad you enjoyed your day yesterday and great job for grading and gym on the same day!

@Nicole~I’m so proud of you for working with a trainer and love seeing the calories you’re burning. You’re doing awesome!

@Laurie~What great Christmas traditions. I come from a German background and had similar traditions growing up.

Good luck to those preparing for finals!

AFM~Not sure what today/tonight will bring, my late meeting was canceled today so may be able to make it to the gym (weather permitting). I’m glad I have an elliptical at home, just in case I'm stranded for a couple of days. Plan to stop by the store to get some things in the house that don’t involve cooking – just in case I lose power. Ridiculous you have to be so prepared for something that may or may not happen, meteorologists were so far off base last time I feel like they are crying wolf. :wink:

Have a great day!
  • JNettie73
    Options
    Thursday truth: I am completely frustrated with TOM weight. I was hoping it would go down by now but hasn't. I have been doing everything right. Drinking my water, exercising, eating within my calories. It is frustrating to step on the scale and seeing the same weight with no change. I know when this passes it will change. Right now it is driving me nuts and I am allowing it to. I know better than that. But I think I am more annoyed with myself to let it get to me and obsessing over it. :grumble: My question is in your experience when you experience TOM gain approximately how long does it take to get back to normal?

Last night after work I stopped at the eye doctor to pick up my new glasses and contacts. I love love love my new glasses. Wore them while driving home however noticed the street lights and car tail lights seemed a bit weird almost as if I had a smudge on the lenses. At a light I took out the cloth they give you and tried to clean it. No luck. It was dark so I decided I would just wash them when I get home. I got home and noticed there are scratches in the middle of my glasses. I think it is only in the anti-glare coating that they put on and not the lenses. But they are brand new and I am irritated about it. Today I have to drive 30 minutes back to the eye doctor and see what they are going to do about it. :grumble: But on a positive note, I absolutely love my new glasses. They are Tiffany frames. Brown on the outside and the Tiffany blue color on the inside. :love: Once they are fixed I will wear them proudly!

mnwalking- That is funny that your son said that about Riley!

Pyro - Congrats on getting to the gym. I can completely relate when you say the big screen and couch suck you in especially on cold dark rainy days like today. :noway:

Kat - welcome!

Alupinsk - We roughly are around the same size. TOM has me weighing in around 240-241 now prior to that I saw the high 230s! I would love to reach 230-235 by the end of the month. Going down 3 pant sizes is a great thing, it's better than not going down sizes at all. Just think, soon we won't have to be in the plus sizes anymore. I cannot wait for those days. I is going to be so nice to be able to shop in the regular section of Kohls and Macys rather than in the "Woman's section" :wink:

Ionniebon - Welcome. I completely misread what you wrote. At first I thought you wrote you wanted to lose 100 lbs by the end of this month. Obviously my coffee has not kicked in yet and I should be wearing my new glasses rather than my old ones. :laugh:

tlh- I love hearing stories of strangers helping out strangers. It really warms my heart and gives me hope in humanity.

kah- Thank you. I absolutely love what I do. I get frustrated from time to time as it can be hard on you when dealing with challenging behaviors. But I love making a difference in their life and helping them progress. Ultimately, I would love to teach preK as I just adore the little ones however those jobs hardly pay anything at all. I would never be able to survive on that kind of pay and be able to pay off my student loans.

Laurie - When you are finished can you post pictures of the garden? I would love to see. It sounds beautiful.

naceto - Congrats on the 10,000 steps! I am glad you found a trainer who is amazing and adjusts your routine to meet your needs.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Nettie- We can do it. :) 3 weeks 5 days left of the month. I'm hoping for 2 pounds each week, which would put me at 235. :)
  • JNettie73
    Options
    Just a random question:
    When I look in the mirror, I can see differences. My hips look narrower, stomach flatter. Yesterday I physically looked smaller. I took a selfie with my cell to send to my bestie. When I looked at the picture, it didn't look like the same image I saw in the mirror. I looked frumpy and very lump. The same thing happened when I took my 1 month progress pictures. I hated them so much and ended up not posting them. Has anyone else experienced seeing a different image when you look in a mirror vs photo of yourself? Or am I just super freaky?!!! :huh: