What Are Your Struggles?

Options

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Pantyhose. I hate putting those things on.
  • Niccidawn092
    Niccidawn092 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggles are:

Free food at work (It's free!)

My skinny partner that can eat anything he wants in massive quantities and usually does it right in front of me. :laugh:

I also fluctuate between too many calories leftover and not enough calories on a daily basis.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I agree my problem is all the CHRISTmas goodies to eat.

Overindulgence. I love to bake- I am in my glory this time of year, but I have issues with only trying one of a batch, be it cookies, truffles, etc... I'm getting better about it, but it really is a struggle.

On a more personal level, insecurity. I think it's my lifelong learning lesson/struggle thing... I spent many years alone and having very short-lived relationships, and even though I now have an amazing husband and two gorgeous babies, I still sometimes freak the hell out and wonder when the bottom is going to fall out. Intellectually I know it's not and my hubs isn't going anywhere, but it's a hard psychological/mental fear to break.

(edited for spelling)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Sleep. The quality of it is horrible for me and I'm never rested.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Snacking at work during the week and alcohol on the weekends. I try and bring heathy snacks to work, but then people bring in stuff all the time or we have a food day for something. My self control is awful right now.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of biting off more than I can chew. So to say. Lose weight, quit smoking, spend 8 hours a week at the gym and so on and so forth. I add too much on and make it impossible to succeed.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Snacking at work when stressed!
  • pinupchick82
    pinupchick82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    consistency, food, and being and all or nothing type person when I first started I was working out crazy hard which really is the only way I have ever been succesfull with weight loss however due to illness I am not able to do so and am restricted to what I can do and not being able to do what I want causes me to want to do nothing at all
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Regular exercise. I run three days a week, but I need to do cross training and stretching too.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I struggle with eating too much chocolate.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Having energy and motivation to workout after I get home from working and take care of the kiddos, their homework, cook dinner, get husband ready for work, then laundry... I for some reason am lacking motivation and energy... And I cannot take energy supps bc I can't sleep until 3 or after and have to be back up at 5 grrrrr
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The biggest one honestly is being afraid to push myself harder. I'm so afraid of getting hurt or (OMG) failing that I only settle for what I know I can do. I've gone from barely being able to run 1/16 mile to running 5K, but it has been a long, hard struggle to get there.

I've done an awesome job of controlling my food intake for the most part, but I really struggle with all the baked goods I make this time of year. Other people's stuff, I can control. My own stuff, it's almost like I have this attitude that it "doesn't count" because of the effort I put into making it. I have a seriously twisted head.

Alcohol. I don't drink as often as I used to (every few weeks vs. every Fri/Sat night), but I am still the type of person who drinks for effect more than anything. One glass of wine is just a joke to me. It's usually more like 5 or 6 drinks per night, when I do drink.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Binge drinking

Insomnia

Generally being an all or nothing person- I'm working on achieving a balanced life
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    I definitely struggle with motivating myself to get to the gym sometimes, especially in the colder months. Time is always one. Making time to meal prep, to work out, to eat every 2-3 hours, to be with my family, to do college work, etc. We are given so much time in a day and I always try to make 100% use of it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    As a female, I'm sure you don't really want me to answer that question truthfully. I could go on for pages. :laugh:
  • tohzoku
    Options
    Staying focused on things. I seem to fall into la-la land every time, when given the chance. If my husband is not in town with me or I'm not out on vacation, I just feel like I'm passing the time until one of those things happens again. It's not just my eating that I let go with that mind-set, either. Coupled with apparently being an emotional binger, it's pretty tough sticking it out.

Other stuff is just normal people stress, I guess. Student debt piling up, study study, making sure I have gainful employment where I don't feel like I'm going to die or kill someone, sleeping properly.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am sure my diet could use some improvement, of course...but I feel like I kind of have the food stuff on lock. I don't struggle much with that recently.

It's exercise that I need to work on more. I just tend toward a sedentary lifestyle, minus short walks and lots of cleaning, errands, etc. I am a very energetic person but I choose reading a book over a bike ride most of the time.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Progress. It can actually be demotivating for me. I lose a few pounds or certain clothes get looser, and I feel like I can let up on my routine. Whenever I get to feeling that way, I try on a couple of pieces of clothing from my goal size to remind me that I still have a way to go.
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Overindulging, motivation, being consistent. This past year has been the most difficult since starting my journey... I haven't lost any weight, so it's been discouraging.
  • MJC360
    MJC360 Posts: 368
    Options
    My biggest struggle is my job. I work 12 hours a day, almost every day, then still try to balance family and fitness with the little bit of time I have left.