What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i made some ricotta gnudi with basil and swiss chard. served them with a bit of marinara and it was awesome - my first time making gnudi.

gnudi_md.jpg
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

Your Spaghetti Squash Marinara sounds, and looks amazing! Going to give this a try. How do you make Spaghetti Squash?

i stab the crap out of it, nuke it whole for 8-10 minutes then let it cook and cut in half and gut it. you can also cut it in half before cooking and bake it. it was soooo good i could live off of that
  • keem88
    Options
    spaghetti squash marinara bake (layer marinara, spaghetti squash, sauteed mushrooms, garlic, broccoli, spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan - layer again and top with marinara and mozzarella, bake at 350 until cheese melts)

not meals, but desserts i made for thanksgiving dinner at my job tomorrow with our residents. i am lazy though and i also am doing a frozen sweet potato pie and frozen apple pie. i don't like baking THAT much, cooking is way better :tongue:

cannoli dip, chocolate chips not added yet:

homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips for the cannoli dip:

no bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe from skinnytaste.com

cinnamon swirl bread, used applesauce instead of oil:

Your Spaghetti Squash Marinara sounds, and looks amazing! Going to give this a try. How do you make Spaghetti Squash?

thanks so much for posting the no bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe.... i just stalked skinnytaste.com for said recipe and ended off printing 10+ pages of recipes. i hate you.

lol i love her blog! chocolatecoveredkatie is another favorite of mine and our own goudamonster from mfp her recipes are bomb too! lol sorry but glad you found some good recipes!
  • keem88
    Options
    i made some ricotta gnudi with basil and swiss chard. served them with a bit of marinara and it was awesome - my first time making gnudi.

drool, i LOVE ricotta! :love:
    share recipe? :flowerforyou:
  • pocketmole
    Options

It's pretty simple, but not exactly low calorie. I calculated the recipe as making 4 servings but we ended up splitting it 3 ways instead (I originally planned on having 1/4 with a salad).

I sauteed a clove of garlic and about a cup of swiss chard in maybe 1/2-1 teaspoon of olive oil. Let it wilt down, then take it off the heat and let it cool (I popped it in the freezer to hasten the process). Strain 1 pound of good whole milk ricotta cheese and pop it in the food processor with the sauteed and cooled chard, a couple of tablespoons of fresh basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of egg replacer or corn starch, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, 1/4 cup grated parmesan. Blitz all this together until smooth and creamy. Transfer cheese mixture to a bowl and sprinkle about 1/2 cup of flour over the top. Gently mix it in until a ragged dough forms. Oil your hands and shape approx. 1 tablespoon of dough into an oblong oval shape. Cook them in gently boiling salted water. Remove when they float to the top. After I removed them I transferred them into a hot oiled skillet to sear the edges a bit.

1/4 of the recipe as I logged it (which includes pan frying in a teaspoon of oil and about a half a cup of marinara per plate) was 384 calories. 1/3 would be around 500. Omitting the sauce and pan frying makes 1/4 of the recipe just under 300 calories and 1/3 of the recipe 388.
  • 48Christy
    48Christy Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Dinner, pork and spicy sausage crockpot chilli

pACFdY6.jpg
  • joytron
    joytron Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight: black beans and rice with tomato and avo. About 300 cal.

73m8F7xl.jpg
  • greenhudler
    Options
    j76ik9.jpg
    Another tasty salad, but added some bacon bits on this one and am drinking a cup of hot chocolate to warm up :)
  • CptJinxx
    CptJinxx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    - High protein rice and fried chicken breast bites, dipped in hot bbq sauce.
    - Peas and carrots in tomato sauce.
    - Dr. Pepper can.

1300 calories :bigsmile:

iNqOenH.jpg
  • keem88
    Options

It's pretty simple, but not exactly low calorie. I calculated the recipe as making 4 servings but we ended up splitting it 3 ways instead (I originally planned on having 1/4 with a salad).

I sauteed a clove of garlic and about a cup of swiss chard in maybe 1/2-1 teaspoon of olive oil. Let it wilt down, then take it off the heat and let it cool (I popped it in the freezer to hasten the process). Strain 1 pound of good whole milk ricotta cheese and pop it in the food processor with the sauteed and cooled chard, a couple of tablespoons of fresh basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of egg replacer or corn starch, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, 1/4 cup grated parmesan. Blitz all this together until smooth and creamy. Transfer cheese mixture to a bowl and sprinkle about 1/2 cup of flour over the top. Gently mix it in until a ragged dough forms. Oil your hands and shape approx. 1 tablespoon of dough into an oblong oval shape. Cook them in gently boiling salted water. Remove when they float to the top. After I removed them I transferred them into a hot oiled skillet to sear the edges a bit.

1/4 of the recipe as I logged it (which includes pan frying in a teaspoon of oil and about a half a cup of marinara per plate) was 384 calories. 1/3 would be around 500. Omitting the sauce and pan frying makes 1/4 of the recipe just under 300 calories and 1/3 of the recipe 388.

that doesn't sound too crazy. could i do that by wilting spinach leaves too?
    thanks for sharing!
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Yeah you definitely could - I think any green would work just fine in them. Spinach is what people would normal use :]
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti with anchovy, garlic, chiles and breadcrumbs

IMG_20131204_185927.jpg
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Marinated chicken and salad.

11214274774_6bf863d03f.jpg

This was my pre-powerlifting competition fatty-fatso meal. (My trainer said I could eat whatever I wanted to)

Pork chop with caramelized onion relish, potatoes cooked in duck fat and caesar salad. It was good.

11214395093_0dae5fd24b.jpg

Marinated chicken breast with a giant salad and asparagus.

11214279656_ca616be19b.jpg

Pork with salad, asparagus and potatoes.

This pork was a 'cook at home' pre-packaged thing. It had a stuffing of apple and sage. It was really low cal, but BLURGH. I would not buy it again.

11214399803_8bbc8d33e2.jpg

Marinated steak with ceaser salad and olives.

11214260535_76c826e57c.jpg
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice, pinto beans, corn, ground beef, hot salsa and cheese mmmmm

Loy8VLN.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Black bean puree, chorizo scrambled eggs, chile sauce, queso fresco

IMG_20131205_184753.jpg
  • pocketmole
    Options
    broccoli and three mushroom (brown butter, shiitake, white beech) stir fry with grilled tofu topped with spicy peanut sauce.

stirfry1.jpg
  • greenhudler
    Options
    2ewjkud.jpg
    Not the best picture but a snack of english cucumber, fresh mozzarella, watermelon and prosciutto.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Salmon and potato omelette (455 calories)
    IMG_20131205_094037.jpg

Salmon and mushroom stir fry (341 calories)
    IMG_20131205_124618.jpg

Egg crunch salad made with half a block of uncooked maggi noodles (LOL) (423 calories)
    IMG_20131204_135832.jpg
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    broccoli and three mushroom (brown butter, shiitake, white beech) stir fry with grilled tofu topped with spicy peanut sauce.
    Beautiful pic, Pocketmole. As always :wink:

For breakfast I tried an omelet of roasted butternut squash, red onion and grape tomatoes with nutritional yeast and a little chili garlic and ginger paste. Pretty fantastic. Squash makes everything better.
    image_zpse5f0d719.jpg