• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Liposuction or self love.

giggity.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Good Grief.... Where are these Saddle bags you speak of? To look @ your pics you are tiny as all get out!

Here they are !

https://31.media.tumblr.com/6ae8d9275506e2aa82a5c74512856856/tumblr_mxe2fhopLk1qzd8cbo2_r1_500.jpg
    you have a wonderful canvas to work with. I hope you see that.

This is a great group to join. You can ask question about lifting programs and learn about recomposition.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

and here, if you need something to get you started:
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs
  • douceurdevivre
    Options

Okay. I see "saddle bags" but they are very small and I also see a very lean body. You might have to drop below "healthy" to lose those. It's just your genetics. You don't store your fat nice and evenly all over your body like a model probably does. Or a model might have had those lipo suctioned off. I bet IF you build your quads and lift, and even bulk you will be happier with the overall shape of your legs. A nice big quad muscle will make that tiny area of fat storage look even smaller.

Yeah, I'm suspecting the same thing. If I still have them at a relatively low bf%, then there's probably no getting rid of them in a healthy way. I'll just keep lifting and see what happens.

One day you're going to want to get into a time machine and come back to today and smack yourself full in the face for not realizing what you have when you have it.

I have no reason to flatter you; your body is perfect.

You start getting weird on us and all of a sudden you'll be the full-body equivalent of Michael Jackson's post-operative face.

Now, on behalf of your future self, *SMACK*

You're funny :)) Also, thanks <3
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good Grief.... Where are these Saddle bags you speak of? To look @ your pics you are tiny as all get out!

Here they are !

https://31.media.tumblr.com/6ae8d9275506e2aa82a5c74512856856/tumblr_mxe2fhopLk1qzd8cbo2_r1_500.jpg

Okay. I see "saddle bags" but they are very small and I also see a very lean body. You might have to drop below "healthy" to lose those. It's just your genetics. You don't store your fat nice and evenly all over your body like a model probably does. Or a model might have had those lipo suctioned off. I bet IF you build your quads and lift, and even bulk you will be happier with the overall shape of your legs. A nice big quad muscle will make that tiny area of fat storage look even smaller.
    I second this.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Here they are !

One day you're going to want to get into a time machine and come back to today and smack yourself full in the face for not realizing what you have when you have it.

I have no reason to flatter you; your body is perfect.

You start getting weird on us and all of a sudden you'll be the full-body equivalent of Michael Jackson's post-operative face.

Now, on behalf of your future self, *SMACK*
    LOL

I knew this was you.:flowerforyou:
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Be realistic-i had thin legs and arms, size 00. I was also anorexic and ended up damaging my heart. I had to face facts-i am 4'8", with stocky genes. I could either eat <500 calories a day and run for hours to maintain my wraith like frame...

Or i could eat, realize a solid size 7 beats a frail 00 any day, and tell anyone who said different to kiss my fattest parts.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    "VS models, which are hailed as being the most perfect bodies on Earth and the absolute ideal" , , , NO! Just no!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,675 Member
    Options
    I was modelling internationally in my twenties and I lifted heavy. My agency did complain about it though. At one point my booker joked that my tits looked like two steaks.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I have a dilemma: apparently, VS models, which are hailed as being the most perfect bodies on Earth and the absolute ideal, never ever touch any weights. Their workouts seem to consist of cardio, stretches, pilates and endless leg raises, lunges, and what have you, all performed at most with very light ankle weights. Meanwhile, the internet claims that weightlifting and squatting heavy are THE way for women to achieve that beautiful toned look. I'm on the lifting heavy side, but so far, while my strength is increasing, I still have saddlebags and my legs are chunkier than ever. I want to have thin legs; which kind of exercises should I do ? And how come those women look so perfect despite never lifting heavy (which supposedly is the one and only way to get lean according to all the fitness enthusiasts on the internet) ?

Your muscles adapt to the stress you put on them. For instance, your arms right now are exactly the size they need to be to have done all the work you put them through on a daily basis.

So if what you want is that very slim, skinny look, then you train accordingly, mostly bodyweight stuff that won't tax your muscles so much. That said, if they used heavier weight, they would get there faster and more efficiently anyhow.

Also, most of their body is due to diet and genetics, not exercise.

That said, VS models are really just one look, a look that doesn't apply much to latinas or black women much for instance. I'm from Miami, and I like a different look, something closer to Kim Kardashian or Jennifer Lopez.

Don't get me wrong, VS models are beautiful and I wouldn't kick one out of bed (and you are too by the way... you basically have the same body as a Vs model), but there are more efficient ways to train than what they do, and they are definitely not the end all beat all. Actually, now that I think about it, it's probably mostly marketing, and the fact that they are the only set of models that are marketed as a group, and for a lingere company what's more.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    VS Models =/= "toned"

They are skinny. The skinny look and toned look are different and are achieved by different means.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    OP, I'd also like to point out that exercises aren't going to make you legs slimmer.

Fat loss comes from a calorie deficit, you can create a greater deficit by burning more calories with exercise. Fat loss cannot be pin pointed to a specific place on your body, it comes off wherever it likes.

Lifting benefits most people because if you are in a deficit, lifting will help you retain more muscle mass that you have (not increase it) thus your body loses more fat instead of fat and muscle..
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I have a dilemma: apparently, VS models, which are hailed as being the most perfect bodies on Earth and the absolute ideal, never ever touch any weights.

I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what their tastes or goals should be, but I couldn't more stridently object to this. :flowerforyou:

I agree with this ^^^^ Most VS models are a turn off to me. They are too stick thin.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I have a dilemma: apparently, VS models, which are hailed as being the most perfect bodies on Earth and the absolute ideal, never ever touch any weights. Their workouts seem to consist of cardio, stretches, pilates and endless leg raises, lunges, and what have you, all performed at most with very light ankle weights. Meanwhile, the internet claims that weightlifting and squatting heavy are THE way for women to achieve that beautiful toned look. I'm on the lifting heavy side, but so far, while my strength is increasing, I still have saddlebags and my legs are chunkier than ever. I want to have thin legs; which kind of exercises should I do ? And how come those women look so perfect despite never lifting heavy (which supposedly is the one and only way to get lean according to all the fitness enthusiasts on the internet) ?

They look good because the camera adds 15 pounds and photoshop exists.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    VS Models =/= "toned"

They are skinny. The skinny look and toned look are different and are achieved by different means.

QFT
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Most these top end models most likely have a private chef cooking every meal for them. Pretty easy to stay like that when you don't have to worry about diet/cooking/money when someone else does it for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i'm a similar shape... its just how it is unfortunately... i agree with the people who have said learn to love your body for the good bits, instead of focusing on the 'bad'...

how do you measure your bodyfat %? as i say, i am a similar shape, but would put myself low 20's not in the teens?
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Honestly? All the photoshop you guys are talking about is just used to make VS models appear softer, with more even skin, sometimes a fake-looking background. Sometimes they change the colors of the *kitten* they're wearing. The retouching DOESN'T alter their bodies that much. Sorry if that makes everyone feel bad, but that's what it is: http://jezebel.com/5951863/when-perfect-isnt-enough-the-unretouched-images-victorias-secret-doesnt-want-you-to-see/

The retouching doesn't alter their bodies that much . . . . no, it doesn't. But it does conceal the real appearance of low body fat; eliminating wrinkles that wouldn't be there with more subcutaneous fat, for example. No one is arguing that VS models are actually quite ugly and then 'shopped to be pretty.

"I'm sorry if that makes you feel bad."

I mean yeah, I agree with that (photoshopping conceals the real appearance of low body fat...."); that's what I meant by "appear softer" in my original post. It just seemed like most people blamed photoshop for VS models thinness, & whether or not you (collective you) feels that their thinness is inspirational, they really ARE that thin. Not sure if I'm being clear, but I think we agree...
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Honestly? All the photoshop you guys are talking about is just used to make VS models appear softer, with more even skin, sometimes a fake-looking background. Sometimes they change the colors of the *kitten* they're wearing. The retouching DOESN'T alter their bodies that much. Sorry if that makes everyone feel bad, but that's what it is: http://jezebel.com/5951863/when-perfect-isnt-enough-the-unretouched-images-victorias-secret-doesnt-want-you-to-see/

The retouching doesn't alter their bodies that much . . . . no, it doesn't. But it does conceal the real appearance of low body fat; eliminating wrinkles that wouldn't be there with more subcutaneous fat, for example. No one is arguing that VS models are actually quite ugly and then 'shopped to be pretty.

"I'm sorry if that makes you feel bad."

I mean yeah, I agree with that (photoshopping conceals the real appearance of low body fat...."); that's what I meant by "appear softer" in my original post. It just seemed like most people blamed photoshop for VS models thinness, & whether or not you (collective you) feels that their thinness is inspirational, they really ARE that thin. Not sure if I'm being clear, but I think we agree...

We do agree, and I'm not just saying that because I'm distracted by your torso.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

The retouching doesn't alter their bodies that much . . . . no, it doesn't.

Look closer, there are many changes that the author of the blog missed. Almost all of the shopped images have also had the legs slenderized and the waists raised and narrowed. A few have clearly had their arms shrunk (which seriously, the as-is arms are all twigs so that seems a little redundant).