Female Bulking Advice Needed

Options

Replies

• Skippy1842
    Skippy1842 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OMG why did I not sign up to MFP before. Ive been looking for women who want to bulk as im in the same boat as you. I have just read the thread and its brill. You look great and good for you sticking with it. Im at a stand still right now so asked for advice on here. I get scared too as I started to lose all my hard worked definition but I suppose I will have to get over that because I want more muscle. I will keep track of your progress....well done you.
  • yogasparkles
    yogasparkles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your efforts so far, u look absolutely amazing! And good luck with the bulk x
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Posting so I can follow. I have a long way to go before I've lost enough BF to worry about this, but I want to keep "how to do it right" in my back pocket.

You look fantastic. Keep up the good work!

=Betty=
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • Reptileszz
    Reptileszz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this thread. I am going to be 46 next week and am also experimenting with bulking just to see if it can be done. I am already sitting on my maintenance weight of 124lb at 5'5" and have been weight training more than ever. My diet sucks tho. Too much crap crap laying around at work. Will follow this for some inspiration.

Thanks.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    In for awesomeness. you're simply stunning! Good luck on your bulk. Hoping to eventually get to that point one day! ♥
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

Happy holidays, and I do think this thread is great. You're a role model for women who are thinking of trying a bulk but maybe weren't sure how to do it. It's not just something for guys in their 20s like me, or people who are entering a bodybuilding competition down the road. The women's bulking group was a great idea, too.

How have the last few weeks been for you?

I haven't posted too much lately, but it's great to see this forum is still getting a lot of action. I recently restarted a bulk program myself, so I'll be here off and on. I weigh/measure and log, since I tend to eat less by default. So I totally understand that. But in my case, cardio diminishes appetite, and lifting tends to increase it.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Dear OP,

Happy holidays, and I do think this thread is great. You're a role model for women who are thinking of trying a bulk but maybe weren't sure how to do it. It's not just something for guys in their 20s like me, or people who are entering a bodybuilding competition down the road. The women's bulking group was a great idea, too.

I haven't posted too much lately, but it's great to see this forum is still getting a lot of action. I recently restarted a bulk program myself, so I'll be here off and on. I weigh/measure and log, since I tend to eat less by default. So I totally understand that. But in my case, cardio diminishes appetite, and lifting tends to increase it.

Just out of interest, why isn't her programme good for guys? The only reason I can think of is that she isn't eating enough. 2100kcal seems kinda paltry (it's definitely a cut intake for me, but then I'm 5'9).

Most women wouldn't bother bulking anyway if they weren't competing or going for a certain look as many are frightened about becoming 'too muscular' pshaw.
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump--- bdw what is your height ?
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

I'm doing okay, December was a pretty bad month for tracking. I actually did a 'mini-cut' the last week and a half before Christmas, but overall I maintained my weight in December. I'm back to bulking and plan on going through the end of March. I haven't gained as much weight as I had hoped but I'm also not gaining a lot of body fat either so for clean bulks, I guess it's been pretty successful.

I'll post pictures in a the next few days.

120LNB, I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 116 lbs. I started bulking the beginning of October at 112.5 lbs.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wanted to say you look amazing. ????????
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

I'm doing okay, December was a pretty bad month for tracking. I actually did a 'mini-cut' the last week and a half before Christmas, but overall I maintained my weight in December. I'm back to bulking and plan on going through the end of March. I haven't gained as much weight as I had hoped but I'm also not gaining a lot of body fat either so for clean bulks, I guess it's been pretty successful.

I'll post pictures in a the next few days.

120LNB, I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 116 lbs. I started bulking the beginning of October at 112.5 lbs.

That's awesome. And excellent work ethic. Looking forward to hearing updates and seeing you progress. Enjoy it!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later...
    OP you look great!!
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Lenora, you are amazing!!!!! And hot. You look totally hot. :smokin: :flowerforyou:
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    First a little background. I’m a 46 year old mother of three. In mid-June, I started lifting weights with good results. I was able to take my body fat from 24% to about 18%. Now that I can see what I have to work with, I want to bulk (focus on adding muscle mass).

My plan is to gradually increase my calories from 200-300 below TDEE which is where I’ve been the last month, to TDEE, then eventually ~200 over TDEE. Increasing my daily calories by about 150-200 a week at a time. I’ve not been able to find much about bulking for women. I don’t think it’s much different than men, but I’m not sure. So any advice would be appreciated.

I plan to continue my strength routine which is a full body routine done four times a week based off of the Strong Curves and Starting Strength Programs. Basically it’s all the compound exercises of SS with some of the glute specific exercises of SC.

My macros are 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat. I practice 14/10 intermittent fasting, and my diet is pretty clean by choice. I plan to start taking a casein protein powder at night, and also start taking creatine. Any other recommendations or advice will be greatly appreciated. I’m particularly curious about cardio and any tips for minimizing fat gain. Fat burners are something I’m curious about, but I don’t want to mess up my metabolism.

I’m attaching photos taken in the last few days to show where I am now. Thank you in advance.

w8VnOdml.jpg

xLRop4Ql.jpg

kv0zyAJl.jpg

QMPurAsl.jpg

6QQJmBEl.jpg

Holy crow, I want to be you ! You are very inspiring :flowerforyou:
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Lenora, you are amazing!!!!! And hot. You look totally hot. :smokin: :flowerforyou:

Thank you Lori. :flowerforyou:
  • Barbellgirl
    Options

Thank you. I'm very glad, but also humbled, that I could inspire other ladies my age. I'll get my December update posted soon. :flowerforyou:
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump

Great info in this thread. I'm bulking too!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Thank you. I'm very glad, but also humbled, that I could inspire other ladies my age. I'll get my December update posted soon. :flowerforyou:

I like the way you looked in those Sept 1 photos. I'd be curious to see the update now. But I didn't see a need for any change, more maintenance of a terrific physique.