Most effective cleanse?

Options

Replies

• AprilLizbethWire
    AprilLizbethWire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to offer her a website that may be helpful to her - and has been helpful to others. Obviously I should have left the trolls thing out.

Cleanses aren't usually something the body needs - and the website I offered (which I'm assuming you didn't check our before you quoted me) isn't really about cleansing. It's mostly about the benefits of juicing and one man's powerful journey of weight loss and health. It shows how just adding fresh fruit and veggie juice to your diet can make a huge impact to your health and weight loss. You don't have to do the whole cleanse if you don't want to. However, if you do want to - just for the experience - it won't kill you. It could actually be beneficial to you (read the testimonials)
  • AprilLizbethWire
    Options
    Go to:

www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

and look around.

Not only good for weightloss but you are supposed to feel GREAT afterward. I've never tried it. I watched the documentary (which is also on netflix and youtube) and visit the site all the time though. I will try it some day.

Sorry for all the sarcastic remarks. You just wanted some help/advise and all these trolls came out of the wood work.

People who advise against "cleansing" are not just trolls. There's no medically sound reason to douche (unless for some conditions where a doctor prescribes it - I'm no gyn) and no medically sound reason to "cleanse".

We are self-cleansing animals. Eat right and you won't need to "cleanse" yourself. Some things you just don't need to mess with.

I was actually talking about the TROLLS who are posting about Taco Bell and their favorite body wash. Not the people who are offering their opinions on whether a cleanse is good for you or not. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Psst, guess what? Sweating, urinating, and bowel movements are the way that the body removes toxinz.

I just wanted to offer her a website that may be helpful to her - and has been helpful to others. Obviously I should have left the trolls thing out.

Cleanses aren't usually something the body needs - and the website I offered (which I'm assuming you didn't check our before you quoted me) isn't really about cleansing. It's mostly about the benefits of juicing and one man's powerful journey of weight loss and health. It shows how just adding fresh fruit and veggie juice to your diet can make a huge impact to your health and weight loss. You don't have to do the whole cleanse if you don't want to. However, if you do want to - just for the experience - it won't kill you. It could actually be beneficial to you (read the testimonials)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    A pound of prunes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut. Quantity irrelevant. I've tried THREE servings...I've even tried ONE serving...but the results are the same. Thoroughly cleansed.

You're welcome.

Enjoy your journey! :drinker:

HA!!!
    Your results may vary. I can eat sauerkraut... no problem. Jof has a tender tummy.

Everyone is different. We all have to find what works for our individual bodies.

We're all here for the same reason.
  • AprilLizbethWire
    Options
    Go to:

and look around.

Not only good for weightloss but you are supposed to feel GREAT afterward. I've never tried it. I watched the documentary (which is also on netflix and youtube) and visit the site all the time though. I will try it some day.

Sorry for all the sarcastic remarks. You just wanted some help/advise and all these trolls came out of the wood work.

People who advise against "cleansing" are not just trolls. There's no medically sound reason to douche (unless for some conditions where a doctor prescribes it - I'm no gyn) and no medically sound reason to "cleanse".

We are self-cleansing animals. Eat right and you won't need to "cleanse" yourself. Some things you just don't need to mess with.

I was actually talking about the TROLLS who are posting about Taco Bell and their favorite body wash. Not the people who are offering their opinions on whether a cleanse is good for you or not. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

I get that, and I also get that you're trying to be helpful.
    So are the people who are posting the bodywash stuff and all...
    They are saying the same thing that I did, just in a more playful way.

I guess they are. It just seemed like they weren't really offering any information, just kind of poking fun. Maybe what troll means to me is different than the actual definition.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is usually pretty good. I've heard White Castle has some good ones too. Tainted seafood has really worked for me a few times.

LOL
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    On the seafood note... gas station sushi should do the trick.

:laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Go to:

and look around.

You'd be hard pressed to find any journals of medicine acknowledging that there are "cleanses" that actually work. People who believe in anecdotes are the people who fall for this crap.

IDEA Fitness member
  • AprilLizbethWire
    Options
    Go to:

and look around.

You'd be hard pressed to find any journals of medicine acknowledging that there are "cleanses" that actually work. People who believe in anecdotes are the people who fall for this crap.

IDEA Fitness member

Go to the website. Check it out. Then quote me.

Studied nutrition where? I'm just curious because I'm interested in studying nutrition - especially on plant based diet. Have you ever studied it? What's your take on it if so?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I do a detox cleanse about once every couple months, usually for about 5 days at a time.

Most of the time when you hear "detox / cleanse" it's some crazy fad, some expensive drinks, or laxatives that make you dehydrated.

Cleanses & detoxes have different levels, and you can make them as strict or as lienent as you like, but basically it's usually something like:
    No processed foods or animals, normally raw or vegan -ish. Lots of water. No alcohol. No caffeine.
    Basically, you're just being strict on getting all the junk that you put in your body out &/or to jumpstart a weightloss or fitness regimine.
    People also usually focus on having certain foods that help with digestion or detox, like cayenne, lemon, garlic, apple cider vinegar, blueberries, etc.
    Like I said though, there are different levels, just find which one works for you that you think you can do. No need to go crazy. :)
    This is just called eating nutrient dense food. There is no cleansing or detoxing going on, just optimizing the body with better nutrition.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Go to:

and look around.

IDEA Fitness member

Studied nutrition where? I'm just curious because I'm interested in studying nutrition - especially on plant based diet. Have you ever studied it? What's your take on it if so?
    George Mason University. Plant based diets are fine if that's the choice one wants. But NO PROGRAM of eating detoxes or cleanses the body. Our organs do that by themselves if working properly. As I've mentioned, foods that are more nutrient dense are always going to optimize the body better and people just adding it to their diet will see the results.
    I don't believe in "clean" eating, nor any other programs that make outrageous claims of ensured improved health. There's so much more that goes into it than just food.

IDEA Fitness member
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I would be inclined to let my kidney's and liver do what they are designed to do, but that's just me....... Best of Luck

This!

^^^ this, and find an eating regimen consisting of real food and no gimmicks, powders, pills, etc.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Water.....it works every time and it's free.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are hogwash.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options

Why not just eat fruits and veggies instead of juicing them and eliminating the awesome fiber? Juicing is wildly expensive. There's nothing WRONG with it but I say just eat your fruits and veggies.
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Lick some shopping cart handles.
  • missdrizz
    missdrizz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    8 cans a day of Red Bull would do it.

Pft, I consume that on a regular basis and it doesn't "cleanse" me. For once, you are wrong.

Water is the closest you can get to a "cleanse" but I don't understand why you would want to.
  • missdrizz
    missdrizz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lick some shopping cart handles.

Or that ^
  • AprilLizbethWire
    Options

Why not just eat fruits and veggies instead of juicing them and eliminating the awesome fiber? Juicing is wildly expensive. There's nothing WRONG with it but I say just eat your fruits and veggies.

Actually, the film explains you get more nutrients from juicing than from just eating fruits and veggies. You end up drinking the equivalent of way more fruits and veggies than you would be able to eat at one sitting. Really it's not SUPER expensive. The film also touches on that subject - giving daily and weekly prices on juicing. For the main character of the documentary it was less expensive than all the medication he no longer needs. Just eating your fruits and veggies is good, too, don't get me wrong! But I was trying to give her some info on what she asked about, which was cleansing.
  • AprilLizbethWire
    Options
    Go to:

and look around.

IDEA Fitness member

George Mason University. Plant based diets are fine if that's the choice one wants. But NO PROGRAM of eating detoxes or cleanses the body. Our organs do that by themselves if working properly. As I've mentioned, foods that are more nutrient dense are always going to optimize the body better and people just adding it to their diet will see the results.
    I don't believe in "clean" eating, nor any other programs that make outrageous claims of ensured improved health. There's so much more that goes into it than just food.

IDEA Fitness member

Thanks for your take on the plant based diet. I do kind of like clean eating. I don't think there is anything wrong with it personally. But I don't go to the extreme that most clean eaters do either.

We are kind of saying the same thing I guess. The website I gave promotes getting all your nutrients from juice for awhile, or just incorporating juice into what you already eat. Wouldn't that count as nutrient rich foods? I'm not sure if it's considered a cleanse or not - looks like there may be different definitions for cleanses anyway - but I think it's definitely worth a try. More for general health than for weight loss though.