To fat to be a stripper

Options
=I was desperate for money, so I decided that being a stripper was the quickest way. So, I went in and she said "You're a really cute girl but you need to slim down on the sides and in a month when if you do, you are very welcome to come back."
I'm sure that I'll get a lot of comments like "that's being a slut" or "that's hoeish" or that I'm disgusting but I'm in need of money for many, many reasons. My point is, I thought they had chunkier strippers too and I'm only 170 pounds and 5'5. I mean, do they only want skinny people? I don't understand....Maybe I just went to the wrong place but there's no others near me.

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Is that why you joined MFP?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Try other places.
    But yes, strippers(who make great money, and are not working in a S^%thole place) are usually in great shape AND great dancers. I am talking girls who were in ballet and model level good looking.
    Don't ask me how i know.
  • dale1776
    dale1776 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above post. Is that the reason you joined this site. To ask that question? Firstly. Don't let anyone determine your self worth. We are not in your shoes so we clearly are in no position to judge you for your choices. As far as you wanting to lose weight in one month to get the job you are in the right place to get encouragement and support, but you need to figure out exactly what your goals are. Then ask for help making a plan to achieve them. We will all try to help, but randomly asking that without follow up information is not a great start darlin.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    There are chunky strippers....but probably not at the clubs that you would want to actually work at to make a few bucks. Not that'd I'd know from any personal experience with clubs, or strippers, or being chunky. Ahem.

What were we talking about?
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    stay chunky and just get strong enough to support your weight on the pole.
    maybe your stage name could be chunkalicious?
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    Hahahha..

Someone-You-Dont-Like-Says-Something-Funny.gif
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    why don't you clean houses?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess you have your motivation then. You will want strong legs and upper body. You will want to focus on strength and flexibility and you will need to eat well to do those bar tricks. Keep all this in mind when you calculate your cal goals. Good luck with your fitness goals! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    squats and deadlifts
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Different clubs have different standards.
    You could try a different club
    or try a different line of work
    not judging either way. Just sayin. ya got options. explore them all
    you are super young.
    maybe college and part time work. there is financial aid out there
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    There certainly are chunky strippers in one of the clubs on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. There are really all types in that club.
    I didn't work there but I did purchase a lap dance for a friend.

I suppose they make money simply based on location, but from what I've heard, not what the girls in the higher end clubs make.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    squats and deadlifts

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway: :huh: :indifferent:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    There certainly are chunky strippers in one of the clubs on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. There are really all types in that club.
    I didn't work there but I did purchase a lap dance for a friend.

I suppose they make money simply based on location, but from what I've heard, not what the girls in the higher end clubs make.

we really should not compare anything in NOLA to high end...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I forgot, can't you be the waitress there?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I hope you get to fulfil your dream and become a stripper one day. You can do it!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    In, because the the "This is all about Fullkent/ BSDevon" was a bust.
  • manda79rn
    manda79rn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed.. I thought it was a new member that was super funny with a catchy intro thread... :/

But on a serious note.. you are an adult (hopefully) and everyone has their own reasons for losing weight... if it's to be a stripper and make some cash or to challenge yourself to be more active and healthy... end results the same, losing weight, so... the tools MFP gives are very beneficial in that department... good luck. :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In, because the the "This is all about Fullkent/ BSDevon" was a bust.

^this
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Try a different club.