Don't call me.....

Options

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    No matter how happy I am, I will still dislike the term 'baby'. I'm not a baby, I'm not your baby, so don't call me that.

I really dislike Ma'am unless it's said with an American accent (by an Aussie it just sounds condescending).

For the trolls in this thread, bugger off.

wait I'm Aussie & never say it. But even then if I hear it in an Aussie accent it never sounds that way to me.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    At 63 it is very condescending when some very young person calls me sweetie or honey. Especially in the service world. I HATE being called Ma'am. I can totally remember the first time I was called Ma'am. It was at Taco Bell. I had just stepped in the door and the young girls behind the counter says "I can take your order Ma'am." I said "well Ma'am I have yet to decide what I want." I swear she turned green.

My name is Shirley and I love being called by my birth name.

Shirley in cold Oregon.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Shirley.

airplane-dont-call-me-shirley.gif

Best Movie Ever
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    No matter how happy I am, I will still dislike the term 'baby'. I'm not a baby, I'm not your baby, so don't call me that.

I really dislike Ma'am unless it's said with an American accent (by an Aussie it just sounds condescending).

Because this thread is serious and important. :angry:
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Princess. Otherwise I like pet names, most of the time. But I only call people honey or sweetheart when I'm pissed.
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't like being called kiddo.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Baby.

I cannot stand being called 'baby'. It drives me up the wall when I hear other relationship people call each other 'baby'.

What soppy names could you do without when you're in a relationship? Sweetie? Love?

Do you hate it when people you don't know call you lovvie or sweetie?

Note: Keep it clean people, this thread is about the soppy names, not the rude and crude.

I personally dont like any of those names, baby, muffin, wifey...they all make me gag
  • 6ronXtreme9
    6ronXtreme9 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I hate the word baby.it reminds me of justin beiber -_-
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I love pet names :blushing:
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Pet names usually don't bother me, but I hated being addressed as 'female' when I was in bootcamp. "Hey, female! Come here!"
  • juanpegler
    juanpegler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I used to Hate being called DUDE. Now it doesn't bother me as much.

People in my industry call each other "boss" I hate that.
    Because its usually only used when a person looks down on you.

Ex. Could you not see the part number Boss? GRR :mad:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I don't like being called kiddo.

This is the only one that bothers me. I have a friend two years older who uses this. We don't speak much, I guess she's more of an acquaintance now. So condescending.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

but, i am his baby.

i like terms of endearment. i think it's sweet, and makes me feel special.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Babe. Babe is a pig that herds sheep. I am not Babe. Pretty much anything else is ok.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I've been called babe, baby, sweetie, sug (like sugar), beautiful girl, love and honey. None of them ever bothered me. I had a boyfriend who called me boo baby which always made me smile because that's what my family called me when I was little : )
  • robinsondel
    Options

It's funny you threw in the exception of it being said with an American Accent. If you're ever in the southeastern US, you'll be called ma'am. And I assure you, no matter the age of the person saying it, it's almost never meant as condescending. I respond with "yes ma'am" to most women at least occasionally, regardless of age. I even call employees whom I supervise ma'am, even when they are 15 years younger than me. Had one tonight, that was only 22, ask me a question about how to do her job and my response was , "yes ma'am, that's exactly how you need to do it." She laughed and told me that where's she's from in NY, you didn't get called ma'am unless you were over 50 and even then it wasn't all the time.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    "sweets" Any other pet name and I'm ok. But "sweets" makes my skin crawl.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Because this thread is serious and important. :angry:

:laugh:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I like all terms of endearment! Unless it's someone who's just being creepy, but I don't want them talking to me in general...

:wink: Hey baby. How you doin?
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm a Southern Girl, so pet names are a given for me.... the only time it bothers me is when someone is hitting on me, I've introduced myself, and they can't remember and call me Angel, Sweetie, or Sweet Lips... If you are really interested in getting to know someone, remember their name, at least for the first few times you talk to them :wink: