What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    How's that one? I'm reading Patterson's book called Lifeguard. I think it has been out for several years, but I now have about a dozen of his to get caught up on.
  • deathbycanon
    Options
    I just started reading the Sword of Truth series. I'm in the first book, Wizard's First Rule, and I'm loving it! I wish I could be reading it right now but I'm still at work. ;)

I just finished that series - all 12 books. I loved the story but by the last book I was finding myself skipping some of the speeches. Seriously he had Richard give a 3 page speech! I just wanted to tell him to shut up and get back to the story. LOL

Right now I'm reading non fiction Dave Ramsey Financial peace and David Allen How to get things done
    Fiction - rereading Anne Bishop Black Jewels Chronicles because new books fell below the line. :)
  • deathbycanon
    Options
    Hi All,

Anybody ever read Jean M Auel's series. She's writing a sixth book thats out next year. I absolutely love these books I re-read them every year and a half. I've never found anyone thats read the series though which is a shame. I'm so excited about the new book. I can't wait to read more of Ayla's story.

Themes - Prehistoric, Strong Women, Invention, Survival, Fitting in, Spiritual, Mythical.

The Clan of the Cave Bear, 1980
    The Valley of Horses, 1982
    The Mammoth Hunters, 1985
    The Plains of Passage, 1990
    The Shelters of Stone, 2002
    The Land of Painted Caves, 2011

Wow, I didn't know those were still going. My mother had these when I was in junior high/ high school, and I read the first 4 then. I remember getting in trouble because she didn't want me reading them. Adult content. She should have known not to leave books around. I have always read everything I could get my hands on. Seriously I read our encyclopedias when I was board and there was nothing else in the house.
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I'm absolutely loving it, so much so that I won't watch the film because it will most likely not be as good! x
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am almost done 'the concise Chinese-English dictionary for lovers' and am thinking of reading all the Kathy Reichs books again next. (books that the Bones Television series is based off of). There is a new one out that i am in queue (#76) to get from the library, i should have it by Christmas, so i figure it might be a good time to reread the rest (even though i just read them for the first time in March, they are really good!)
  • TheGreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I'm a big nerd. Reading Shadowstorm by Paul Kemp.
  • egbkid
    Options
    Reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Almost done, though, so this afternoon i will be starting House Rules by same author.

i said a couple days ago i was going to re-read the Kathy Reichs books, but a bunch came in from the library that i didn't expect for a couple weeks, so i guess not!
  • smelltheroses
    smelltheroses Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Reading "The Rook" - the 2nd in Steven James' Patrick Bowers series. I am waiting for Tuesday (10/26) for the next John Grisham book to be released (The Confession) so I can read that one.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    I just finished "Counterfit Son" by Elaine Marie Alphin. It's a short 180 pages. Fast read.
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of historical fiction. Favorites are from Philippa Gregory. Also, currently reading some classics for my classes. Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying", "The House of Mirth", etc.. We just got finished reading "Unaccustomed Earth" which was GREAT!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    Can be anything from fitness to politics to fiction...

Me, I just started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoos by Steig Larsson.

Just finshed reading the Vampire Diaries series. Was not impressed.

I am currently reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". I thought the first 13 chapters were TORTURE!! It was so boring!! Now that I have gotten past that, its really pretty intresting.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Listen to audio book, Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman. Just finished reading Heartbreaker by Julie Garwood yesterday. Going to start re-reading the Twilight series tonight.
  • egbkid
    Options
    House Rules by Jodi Picoult, Started Thursday night, half way through, it is really good!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I'm Just Here For The Food - Alton Brown.
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    I just picked up John Adams by David McCullough and have 1776 coming to me soon. :wink:
  • deathbycanon
    Options
    I just finished listing to "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett it was sooooo good, the narrators were fantastic! I might have to listen to it again. Next on my audible.com wish list - "The Room" by Emma Donoghue

Non fiction "the power of Now" but I'm struggling to get through it. I think Dave Allen's "Getting Things Done" is next on my non fiction list. Should come in the mail this week.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I just finished Eat, Pray, Love yesterday. I LOVED this book. It was so ME! I really, really enjoyed it.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    True Blue by David Baldacci
  • beylover
    Options
    The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.
  • egbkid
    Options
    One second After by William R. Forstchen.

This last week i read:
    Remember me by Mary Higgans Clark.
    Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

and another one, but they are stacking up so much that i can't remember what it was...i have a very boring job.