annoyed by even having a body at this point

Options
124»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When I hit the 30 lb mark, I certainly did not consider it minor! The best thing you can do is celebrate EVERY victory. Your body might never look exactly like you want it to, but you should still be proud of your accomplishments!
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I suggest you take 30 pounds of dog food and carry that for one day........that is the weight that is not on your knees every time you take a step, or tension on your back, extra blood your heart and lungs have to work so much harder to move around your body.

I second this wholeheartedly. When I get discouraged, which is more often than not, I think about what those actual pounds feel/felt like. I'll grab a 10 pound bag of flour and just hold it for a few minutes. I might look weird, but when you're able to feel those pounds outside your own body, carrying them in your arms or on your back, it really puts things into perspective.

OP, please don't allow the discouragement to cloud everything you've done so far. We all have to start somewhere. Keep reminding yourself that this is going to be a long haul, but, if done correctly, a long haul you'll never have to do again!
  • tasha_rena
    tasha_rena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It took me a little over 50 lbs before I lost a single size - and even then, *I* couldn't tell any difference. My advice is to take some photos of yourself and stay committed. The numbers on the scale are doing down, so you are losing. Stay completely committed and, after 8 or 12 weeks, take another photo of yourself and compare.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Same here. At 238, I was a size 16w and at 189, I am a size 14 or regular 16. And on a bad day, I am squeezing into those 14s. It is frustrating, but it really takes time and you need to be patient. There will be a point where you start seeing changes, if anything take pictures. When I saw some older and current pics of myself,my face is A LOT smaller. I don't see it so much when measuring, but in pics I see it for sure. I also try to focus on NSV like running up the escalator from hell in my commute instead of standing to the side. You will get there!!!
    This is exactly where I'm at! I started MFP again after gaining weight from my pregnancy. Started at almost 240, and I'm now around the same weight you're at, 189. My weight keeps fluctuating by a couple of pounds, but I haven't noticed much of a change. I'm only 5'3", and currently in-between a 14-16. but I'm sure I'll get where I need to be if I keep up!

Do not be discouraged! You're not alone on this weight loss journey! You CAN do it!