You call this a Sexual Predator???

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    According to the report, the mom wants the words "sexual" and "offender" removed.
    She didn't say that he shouldn't be punished for misbehaving, just that those words should be removed. I agree with her.

If his behavior caused a problem, why couldn't they simply say that he was punished for being disruptive? That he was distracting the girl from her studies?

Even if this little boy is an absolute handful in class, he's not guilty of a sex-based offense. That wording needs to go.
    Absolutely.

My 3-year-old is capable of understanding not to interact with a particular person.

I think the problem is that this has happened again and again and it HASN'T been corrected. What we've heard from the mother is:
    - The girl wanted it
    - The boy is a handful
    - Its all kid-stuff

We haven't heard "I'm trying to correct my son's inappropriate behavior and even working with the school counselors to do everything we can."

So the school slapped a label on it after suspending him for the behavior before and now everybody's blaming the school. The mom needs to address her son's social/emotional issues.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Move on - Let go of what you cannot control. Make the best of a bad situation and in doing so show your child how to rise above injustice which he will face all of his life. Life is not fair, and not all people have common sense. The sooner he learns that from you the happier life you and he will have.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I worked at a daycare in TN with 3 year olds. There was one little boy who consistently would pull down his pants, take off his diaper, and act out "hump!ing" on the little girls. he would force himself on top of them and go to town.

Did he really know what he was doing?! probably not. Was this just a symptom of a larger issue at home? most likely.

his mom blamed his dad -- he ex -- who apparently was a bit of a man-sIut.

Based on the childs past offenses -- I don't think we're getting the whole story. If we ARE getting the whole story and that it was just a "kiss on the hand" - then yes, the school is going overboard and making this a bigger deal that it probably is.
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    According to the report, the mom wants the words "sexual" and "offender" removed.
    She didn't say that he shouldn't be punished for misbehaving, just that those words should be removed. I agree with her.

If his behavior caused a problem, why couldn't they simply say that he was punished for being disruptive? That he was distracting the girl from her studies?

Even if this little boy is an absolute handful in class, he's not guilty of a sex-based offense. That wording needs to go.
    Absolutely.

My 3-year-old is capable of understanding not to interact with a particular person.

I think the problem is that this has happened again and again and it HASN'T been corrected. What we've heard from the mother is:
    - The girl wanted it
    - The boy is a handful
    - Its all kid-stuff

We haven't heard "I'm trying to correct my son's inappropriate behavior and even working with the school counselors to do everything we can."

So the school slapped a label on it after suspending him for the behavior before and now everybody's blaming the school. The mom needs to address her son's social/emotional issues.

THIS! ^^^
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This might have been a bit exaggerate, but receiving a kiss from a classmate when you're 6 and you probably don't even know what kissing means and what's the """purpose""" of kissing someone is enough to make a little girl or boy ashamed. When you're so little you cannot understand what happens around you, you don't understand people and their intentions. Having someone getting so close to you without wanting it would make anyone feel embarassed. Some kids might like to hug each other if they've met 2 hours before, some might not. It's just the same with adult people. The point is that it's not cute just because they're little. They have little reason to call it a "sexual" aggression because it wasn't sex driven. This doesn't mean that a 6 years old boy is entitled to kiss people at school just because there's no sex involved. And I'm saying this because it would have been embarassing to me to receive such a treatment.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    reported...
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    That .GIF is hysterical. LOL :laugh:
  • sunnshhiine
    Options
    reported...

offended much?
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I hate thinking about facing stupidity like this with my son. He's 3 and very affectionate. When I picked him from daycare one day last week a little girl came running up to him, hugged him and planted a big ol kiss right on the lips. Me, the girl's mom, and they daycare director were all standing right there. We all at the same time said whoa, not on the lips, and that was that.

They're 3 years old! Both very sweet kids who get tons of kisses from mommy and daddy. Would have been a shame if that situation went down any other way.

Not at all looking forward to the public school system :frown:
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    reported...

Yea? Well you're reported for reporting.
  • freebirdfitness
    Options
    Not enough information to make a judgement, but I will say just because something was allowed in the past doesn't make it right. Of course at that age children are learning boundaries, empathy, and what is and is not socially appropriate. Should a child be labeled a sexual predator...of course not!, but I cant say that the school was wrong or right.
    It isn't about allowing vs. not allowing. It's about appropriate responses to normal child development.

Oh my god I cant read anymore of your posts.
    Just so you know psychology ALWAYS changes..
    As well there are pathogens we know about now, and parents can pass them to their children. My children have been taught the "special circumstances rule" They picked up on my teachings of whatever laugh and say bum pee or chicken butt at the table but don't say that at school. Don't share brushes, lunch food, hugs, kisses, private parts, don't spit. All of that they know they cant do at school, but they have hugged a friend out of school. But children can learn that there is a way to act around others when not in your carefree home environment. They need to know safety, not just for private parts, but for pathogens.
    Also I am the type who will not speak up because getting someone into trouble makes me physically ill. I will say thank you for something I don't like, will say ill do something I don't want to do for people (not sexual but it fits my point), eat food I don't like, I just really have a hard time being non agreeable because I may hurt someones feelings. So if I were this 6 year old girl, it may have bugged me and I would never tell my parents, or teachers.
    Also as a mother of a young girl, I don't want anyone kissing her anywhere. I don't want her to think its okay, or feel she may be getting someone into trouble. It's not something I even want to have to deal with so people teach your children manners. Also there are many different cultures. Some even find it insulting to pat a child on the head. Some cultures do not accept touch. Please be sensitive to all cultures, teach your children how to act in public and limit the exchange of pathogens.
    This world is not the same place it was before. And people do not give kids enough credit. They learn a lot by 6 years old, so why cant they understand social etiquette? My 6 year old knows plural and singular rules, math, science, about the universe, why cant she learn social etiquette? My 3 and 4 year old even get it... It's about communication.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    That kid is a pimp. The school officials are just jealous that they can't get any.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Absolutely.

- The girl wanted it
    - The boy is a handful
    - Its all kid-stuff

Wow. You say that he has social and emotional issues because he is a strong-willed 6 year old boy? No wonder so many of our children are medicated! I completely agree that the parents need to make sure that he follows the rules, even if he doesn't like them, but that is not the same as having an "issue". And school counselors need to be there for the kids who are really struggling, who have parents who are divorced or dying, or maybe who don't know if they will have dinner tonight. Don't waste their time with this nonsense.

Also, to call anything that a 6-year old does "sexual" is completely inappropriate. Children that young do not know or understand what sexual means. For example, I had this conversation with my 7 year old earlier this year - he was singing the "Hey... sexy lady..." part of Gangham style: Me: What do you think sexy means? Him: It means you're hot. Me: Yeah, that's about right. What does hot mean? Him: Pretty. Me: So who do you know that's hot? Him: You, my teacher, Mimi.

Really now..
  • freebirdfitness
    Options

Absolutely.

- The girl wanted it
    - The boy is a handful
    - Its all kid-stuff

THIS! ^^^

This all the way!!!!! Why are all these people saying children are dumb... Well they don't say dumb... but come on.... not knowing how to act LOL that's an excuse for poor parenting..
    My boys are a handful, just kind of monkeys really. But they ALWAYS say please and thank you. ALWAYS say excuse me when they burp or fart. And the most proud mom thing ever, they know not only to treat others how they want to be treated, but they can look for your body language and signals to see if someone is upset, sad, or embarrassed and they try to make the person feel comfortable. They like good guys, and if you ask they say its easy to be bad, its hard to be a good guy, it takes effort. and everyday they make the effort to be a good guy... even if they don't always listen or are climbing the walls they still try to make everyone feel welcome.
    Im sorry I just cant believe some people with children would say they cant do something or don't know something. That's for your child to decide. Don't say they cant do something or understand it, try and teach them, you may be surprised at the credit your not giving them. They are sponges...
    This 6 year old boy is actually learning from this right now... Not learning the right thing about what happened. The way this is being dealt with is so confusing for a child of that age.... Having his mom angry and fighting the school says something to him.... talking to the media... umm weird hes getting signals from that too... now he's being pulled in two directions.. this is normal and okay and no this is not and we fight when we don't get out way... which both are wrong answers... instead his mom should have explained when and where...
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

Not even a little. Just don't want to have to deal with the 2 pages of political banter now that someone posted something that will do nothing but provoke people who disagree to respond.

I mean, there are other things to read.
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    the ridiculousness of the world today.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

Not even a little. Just don't want to have to deal with the 2 pages of political banter now that someone posted something that will do nothing but provoke people who disagree to respond.

Nope, this is the only page on the internet that loads for me.
  • freebirdfitness
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

Deal with the pages? Like read them and discuss the emotion it envokes in your in your head. Or deal like work for hours to delete posts because your a mod. or deal as in oh my god i have ocd and have to skip page numbers when reading posts because i cant deal with the few political posts.. Don't answer that,,, it's just a joke.. but you don't have to deal with anything... it's not on you, your not a mod, you don't have to read it.. it seems like a blown out of proportion sentence, you should work in news.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Not enough information to make a judgement, but I will say just because something was allowed in the past doesn't make it right. Of course at that age children are learning boundaries, empathy, and what is and is not socially appropriate. Should a child be labeled a sexual predator...of course not!, but I cant say that the school was wrong or right.
    It isn't about allowing vs. not allowing. It's about appropriate responses to normal child development.

Oh my god I cant read anymore of your posts.
    Just so you know psychology ALWAYS changes..
    As well there are pathogens we know about now, and parents can pass them to their children. My children have been taught the "special circumstances rule" They picked up on my teachings of whatever laugh and say bum pee or chicken butt at the table but don't say that at school. Don't share brushes, lunch food, hugs, kisses, private parts, don't spit. All of that they know they cant do at school, but they have hugged a friend out of school. But children can learn that there is a way to act around others when not in your carefree home environment. They need to know safety, not just for private parts, but for pathogens.
    Also I am the type who will not speak up because getting someone into trouble makes me physically ill. I will say thank you for something I don't like, will say ill do something I don't want to do for people (not sexual but it fits my point), eat food I don't like, I just really have a hard time being non agreeable because I may hurt someones feelings. So if I were this 6 year old girl, it may have bugged me and I would never tell my parents, or teachers.
    Also as a mother of a young girl, I don't want anyone kissing her anywhere. I don't want her to think its okay, or feel she may be getting someone into trouble. It's not something I even want to have to deal with so people teach your children manners. Also there are many different cultures. Some even find it insulting to pat a child on the head. Some cultures do not accept touch. Please be sensitive to all cultures, teach your children how to act in public and limit the exchange of pathogens.
    This world is not the same place it was before. And people do not give kids enough credit. They learn a lot by 6 years old, so why cant they understand social etiquette? My 6 year old knows plural and singular rules, math, science, about the universe, why cant she learn social etiquette? My 3 and 4 year old even get it... It's about communication.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Hornsby
    Options
    reported...

offended much?

Deal with the pages? Like read them and discuss the emotion it envokes in your in your head. Or deal like work for hours to delete posts because your a mod. or deal as in oh my god i have ocd and have to skip page numbers when reading posts because i cant deal with the few political posts.. Don't answer that,,, it's just a joke.. but you don't have to deal with anything... it's not on you, your not a mod, you don't have to read it.. it seems like a blown out of proportion sentence, you should work in news.

Hey, if you don't like the rules then try and get them changed. I was under the impression that report button was for the community to report posts that were against the rules. My apologies.
This discussion has been closed.