You call this a Sexual Predator???

Options

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Umm, that's what I did....

You know... the great thing about the report feature is that you can do it anonymously...

Why would you jump into a thread you aren't already participating in and announce "reported" with no explanation whatsoever?

I've been in this thread plenty. Not every other post like some, but yea, I've been in it.

I figured that the fact that "reported" comes right after the .gif, I assumed it would be obvious.

Didn't want to quote it cause then it would be in my quote as well.

3hYSAn5.png
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You're right. An animated gif that backhandedly blames Obama for this little boy getting suspended for something stupid isn't political at all.

It's a joke. Is this the first place you've seen that?

The first time I have seen that .gif? Yes.

I realize it's a joke. What's that have to do with anything?
    It isn't political. That's what it has to do with anything. The joke is that everything is Obama's fault, just like the joke used to be (and still somewhat is) that everything was Bush's fault.

You have to seriously lack any kind of sense of humor to find that in any way offensive.

Luckily, I don't find it offensive at all, so I'm good on the sense of humor.
    So did you ACTUALLY report it or was that a joke? Because I was thinking maybe your "reported" post was a joke ...
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    You're right. An animated gif that backhandedly blames Obama for this little boy getting suspended for something stupid isn't political at all.

But aren't you the one who reported it?? If you realize it's a joke why report it?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

It isn't political. That's what it has to do with anything. The joke is that everything is Obama's fault, just like the joke used to be (and still somewhat is) that everything was Bush's fault.

You have to seriously lack any kind of sense of humor to find that in any way offensive.

So you found it funny, and not offensive, but reported it for being political? And felt the need to derail the thread by letting all of us know that you did your civic MFP duty to kill the joy of a silly joke?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

So did you ACTUALLY report it or was that a joke? Because I was thinking maybe your "reported" post was a joke ...

I don't have to find something offensive to know that it breaks the rules. You just happen to think it doesn't, and I happen to think it does. It's not a big deal really.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Lordy - My 5 year old kisses her friends and hugs them goodbye (YES, on the MOUTH), there is nothing sexual in it, I'm pretty sure it is normal, appropriate behaviour. To even suggest that it is sexual kissing kind of sullies childhood.

I'm also fairly certain I kissed girls when I was that age. Some didn't mind, one kicked me in the whatsits. Such is life.

In no way is adult, HR guidelines applicable to 6 year old kids.

I think even explaining to your kids that you mustn't touch other kids because of 'the way society is now' is pretty saddening.

Maybe Europe is different...
  • Hornsby
    Options

So you found it funny, and not offensive, but reported it for being political? And felt the need to derail the thread by letting all of us know that you did your civic MFP duty to kill the joy of a silly joke?

And it's your civic duty to try and persuade me otherwise? This thread wouldn't be derailed one bit if you all didn't keep speaking about it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

And it's your civic duty to try and persuade me otherwise? This thread wouldn't be derailed one bit if you all didn't keep speaking about it.

I'm not trying to persuade you of anything. I am however completely dumbfounded at your narcissism and self-importance.

But you have a lovely day, sir.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I don't have to find something offensive to know that it breaks the rules. You just happen to think it doesn't, and I happen to think it does. It's not a big deal really.

That's one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on these message boards. They really should award you a prize, because that takes serious talent.
  • Hornsby
    Options

I'm not trying to persuade you of anything. I am however completely dumbfounded at your narcissism and self-importance.

But you have a lovely day, sir.

You as well, Husky.
  • Hornsby
    Options

That's one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on these message boards. They really should award you a prize, because that takes serious talent.

Not sure how that's ridiculous, but I'll take a prize any time.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am antique. Maybe just old. I'm 57 and I don't remember anyone holding hands in school until around 8th grade. The world has changed quite a bit. Sexually explicit scenes are in television shows, magazine ads, movies, and video games. Everything is about sex. Sex sales. Children are exposed to sex from a very early age. They are also exposed to the idea that you aren't anyone unless you have a special someone. Why would we not expect this kind of behavior from children these days?

I am not a prude, but children are not able to control their impulses. Exposing children to sexual material and the idea of needing to have a special someone doesn't help when it comes to impulses. They see mommy kissing daddy and know that is what you do when you love someone, but they don't know the difference between loving someone as a best friend and loving someone as a lover. Both are seen as the same thing and this boy acted upon that belief. He treated this girl as his lover, because he doesn't know better.

I have seen the same behavior in adolescents. They have sex with those that they see as friends, because they are confused about when and with who you should have sex. They equate sex with love, believing that the person they are having sex with loves them, when that may be far from the truth.

I hate to say it, but this free license that media has in regard to sex and other such matters is not conducive to what I would call 'proper' behavior. What are schools suppose to do? Parents don't want schools teaching about these matters, but they don't take matters into their own hands and limit expose to adult material and ideas as well as discuss such things with their children.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am antique. Maybe just old. I'm 57 and I don't remember anyone holding hands in school until around 8th grade. The world has changed quite a bit. Sexually explicit scenes are in television shows, magazine ads, movies, and video games. Everything is about sex. Sex sales. Children are exposed to sex from a very early age. They are also exposed to the idea that you aren't anyone unless you have a special someone. Why would we not expect this kind of behavior from children these days?

I am not a prude, but children are not able to control their impulses. Exposing children to sexual material and the idea of needing to have a special someone doesn't help when it comes to impulses. They see mommy kissing daddy and know that is what you do when you love someone, but they don't know the difference between loving someone as a best friend and loving someone as a lover. Both are seen as the same thing and this boy acted upon that belief. He treated this girl as his lover, because he doesn't know better.

I have seen the same behavior in adolescents. They have sex with those that they see as friends, because they are confused about when and with who you should have sex. They equate sex with love, believing that the person they are having sex with loves them, when that may be far from the truth.

I hate to say it, but this free license that media has in regard to sex and other such matters is not conducive to what I would call 'proper' behavior. What are schools suppose to do? Parents don't want schools teaching about these matters, but they don't take matters into their own hands and limit expose to adult material and ideas as well as discuss such things with their children.

Maybe schools should punish disruptive behavior accordingly and not hang harmful labels like "sexual harassment" on little children.

I was kissed on the cheek every day of kindergarten by 2 boys. That would have put the date at about 1973 or so, since I'm now 45 years old.
    Neither boy was a sex offender. Now or ever. They're both productive members of society.
    So am I.
  • rml_16
    Options

Maybe schools should punish disruptive behavior accordingly and not hang harmful labels like "sexual harassment" on little children.

I was kissed on the cheek every day of kindergarten by 2 boys. That would have put the date at about 1973 or so, since I'm now 45 years old.
    Neither boy was a sex offender. Now or ever. They're both productive members of society.
    So am I.
    I was kissing boys when I was 2 in 1978-1979. They aren't predators, either.

One of them -- my very first "boyfriend" -- is still a friend of mine.
  • BrandNewMeBy30
    Options
    The school responded and stated that he was not suspended for the kiss, I guess he was bothering her a lot which led up to suspension. if that is the case then I understand if he continually bothered her, on the other hand if it was just the kiss on a hand.. that is just way too much for me! the school overreacted
  • rml_16
    Options
    The school responded and stated that he was not suspended for the kiss, I guess he was bothering her a lot which led up to suspension. if that is the case then I understand if he continually bothered her, on the other hand if it was just the kiss on a hand.. that is just way too much for me! the school overreacted
    It seems like suspension isn't the appropriate reaction to this, though. I mean, he's 6. What is it teaching him? Kiss a girl and you don't have to go to school? Is it really a punishment? Or one he understands?

Obviously, if he's bothering the little girl and being disruptive, they have to address that, but suspending a 6-year-old doesn't seem like an effective means of doing so.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options

So am I.
    I was kissing boys when I was 2 in 1978-1979. They aren't predators, either.

One of them -- my very first "boyfriend" -- is still a friend of mine.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it just wasn't as prevalent as it is these days. The 70s, by the way, where the hippie days, with free sex and all. Ozzie and Harriet were in the same bed by that time. I grew up with Ozzie and Harriet in separate beds. :)
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I can't understand why some of you are considering a boy who kissed a girl at the age of 6 "strong-willed" or following a "normal development". I really hope it's not a symphtom of sexual deviance and I'm pretty sure there's no evidence to say so, but I wouldn't surely like MY son to kiss girls at the age of 6, when he doesn't even know what kissing means. He's just copying something he must have seen somewhere else, because I really doubt he can connect kissing with affection for a little girl, and on second though, did anyone question if the girl got embarassed or not? If a boy had kissed me when I was 6 I would. I'm not saying I would have suffered PTSD but I wouldn't have liked someone to kiss me as much as I didn't like it when kids were pulling my hair, because I didn't know how to respond since I was a child and I didn't know what violence or love were.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    It seems like suspension isn't the appropriate reaction to this, though. I mean, he's 6. What is it teaching him? Kiss a girl and you don't have to go to school? Is it really a punishment? Or one he understands?

Obviously, if he's bothering the little girl and being disruptive, they have to address that, but suspending a 6-year-old doesn't seem like an effective means of doing so.

yep.
    I'd say make him stay inside for recesses, but now that the kids don't get to actually run and play (at least not in the schools around here. They are only allowed to sit or stand in a small area outside), even that isn't really taking much away.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Well honestly, it really doesn't matter what the charge. Most school systems suspend kids on the second offense for any and all behavior. The administrators do get some discretion, but very few will stray from protocol because "if they do it for one..."
This discussion has been closed.