Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

She's fine, but seriously what do you think scale says?

Replies

• FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Also, not to disparage any of the guys here who might prefer a thigh gap, that's totally cool. My point is that this comes down to individual preference, it's not a universal concern.

I just hate the thought of a woman concerning herself with something like this... thighs, an inherently female characteristic. Some have bigger thighs than others. Provided they still look good, who cares? The looking good part is what matters!
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 336 Member
    Lol, true! Simple creatures!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    What I was trying to say is that I honestly don't think that's a term that men came up with. If a man prefers a skinny woman, that's fine! But I don't think most men concerns themselves with saying "WHERE IS HER THIGH GAP". lol.
  • FrnkLft
    What I was trying to say is that I honestly don't think that's a term that men came up with. If a man prefers a skinny woman, that's fine! But I don't think most men concerns themselves with saying "WHERE IS HER THIGH GAP". lol.

Exactly
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    If I don't find one, I can always use my head.
  • sassyjae21

haha!!

It's just another term that was created to make women feel even more insecure, as if there isn't enough insecurities already. Sheesh.
  • What I was trying to say is that I honestly don't think that's a term that men came up with. If a man prefers a skinny woman, that's fine! But I don't think most men concerns themselves with saying "WHERE IS HER THIGH GAP". lol.

BAHAHAHA.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,251 Member
    It is hilarious when my husband tries to guess a woman's weight (or even my own) he has absolutely no clue. My one friend is pretty heavy - I'd guess she is about 230 or so (based on her height, and how much I weighed at my heaviest compared to her).. he thinks she is 350 lbs.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

haha!!

It's just another term that was created to make women feel even more insecure, as if there isn't enough insecurities already. Sheesh.

Well, thigh gap is real just like big boobs. But there are men who like small boobs and men who like ALL boobs.

Thigh gap on a woman of a healthy weight who happens to have that bone structure is quite attractive in a while package kind of way. No thihgh gap on a healthy weight woman who happens to not have the bone structure for it is also quite attractive.

I think in general men notice the whole package on not individual parts.
  • sdbeachbum
    sdbeachbum Posts: 664 Member
    We lift, so you can eat :wink:

Love it!
  • FrnkLft
    Well, thigh gap is real just like big boobs. But there are men who like small boobs and men who like ALL boobs.

Thigh gap on a woman of a healthy weight who happens to have that bone structure is quite attractive in a while package kind of way. No thihgh gap on a healthy weight woman who happens to not have the bone structure for it is also quite attractive.

Well, you're mostly right on, but thigh gap is not even a "thing"... it's nothing like boobs or butts, or anything else.

Even amongst the guys I know who like skinnier girls, and I mean skinny in the literal way, I have never heard a man use the term "thigh gap" or refer to the trait in any way.

This is totally not even in the same playing field as just about every other feature of a woman's body.
  • sassyjae21

Sort of but not really... I think thigh gap is more a preference for skinnier women in general. Just having a thigh gap while not having other "skinny" features would probably do NOTHING for that guy.

Also, even amongst the guys I know who like skinnier girls (not fit girls, I mean skinnier, like, "slight"), I have never heard a man use the term "thigh gap" or refer to the trait in any way.

This is totally not even in the same playing field as just about every other feature of a woman's body.

Agreed :)
  • rml_16

Sort of but not really... I think thigh gap is more a preference for skinnier women in general. Just having a thigh gap while not having other "skinny" features would probably do NOTHING for that guy.

Also, even amongst the guys I know who like skinnier girls (not fit girls, I mean skinnier, like, "slight"), I have never heard a man use the term "thigh gap" or refer to the trait in any way.

A woman can be as thin as possible (without being skeletal) and still not have a thigh gap if she doesn't have the bone structure for it.
  • FrnkLft
    Yeah I just edited the post. I meant it's nothing like boobs or butt or anything else really. **** I learned all about this from women.
  • blukttn66
    blukttn66 Posts: 54 Member
    It means absolutely nothing since the same size can range up to 3" depending on the brand and cut of the clothing.

My husband STILL doesn't understand that this is how we ladies live! He gets so frustrated when the size BLAH BLAH isn't actually this same size BLAH BLAH at the other store too.. lol.
  • rml_16
    Yeah I just edited the post. I meant it's nothing like boobs or butt or anything else really. **** I learned all about this from women.
    Ha ha.

I agree to a point. But I've known enough guys who do have a preferance when it comes to some specific body parts, yet are still attracted to women who don't fit that preference because of the whole package.

But you're right that thigh gap/no thigh gap is not on a lot of men's lists. Heck, I didn't even know it was on any women's list until I started being more active on this site. I don't care whether I end up with one. If I do, great! If I don't, great! I just want them to not rub together in the summer when it's humid and I'm in a dress. :-) Comfort and functionality, not vanity in that case.
  • If a girl is HOT she is HOT! I don't CARE what the scale says. I have seen girls that look GOOD and weigh MORE than I thought.

And there's been some that look BAD and weigh LESS than I thought..lol.

If they have the extra weight in their boobs or butt that AWESOME!

Well said! Love this, thanks for your very appropriate insight!
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    My scale is a bish
  • sassyjae21
    Ha ha.

I agree to a point. But I've known enough guys who do have a preferance when it comes to some specific body parts, yet are still attracted to women who don't fit that preference because of the whole package.

But you're right that thigh gap/no thigh gap is not on a lot of men's lists. Heck, I didn't even know it was on any women's list until I started being more active on this site. I don't care whether I end up with one. If I do, great! If I don't, great! I just want them to not rub together in the summer when it's humid and I'm in a dress. :-) Comfort and functionality, not vanity in that case.

lol that's not fun in the summer time. esp in an Oklahoma summer. UGH!!

I think I started getting irritated with the thigh gap thing when I seen girls with eating disorders striving to get them. UGH!
  • rml_16
    Ha ha.

lol that's not fun in the summer time. esp in an Oklahoma summer. UGH!!

I think I started getting irritated with the thigh gap thing when I seen girls with eating disorders striving to get them. UGH!
    Yes, that is awful. And if you have to be a skeleton to get it, it doesn't look good at all. It only looks good on women who have it naturally.

When I first started hearing about it, I thought it was incredibly silly and I still do.

But Florida summers make it a somewhat desirable thing. :-) I don't need a full gap, though. When I get down to about 140-145 pounds, they don't rub anymore.