Whats the meanest thing someone said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how awful people can be.

I was going through puberty and my uncle commented on how fat my face had gotten. I will never forget that. I was like 14.

My current bf hasn't commented on my weight but he HAS made comments about my eating habits in the past (me eating a lot, eating fast, etc.)I have braces and I had an appointment to get them tightened last month. When I came back, I made the comment about how I was going to try to eat as fast as I could before the pain started kicking in. He goes "what else is new" and put lol like this was funny. He paid BIG TIME for that one. He claims he didn't mean it and wasn't trying to be mean, but he knows I am sensitive about my weight- so why would you say that? Granted, i'm not overweight, but i'm not where I want to be and he knows that. His *kitten* is still in trouble.

I'm getting mad all over again lol. But I grappled with that because I didn't want to seem overly sensitive but it was still hurtful to me.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Being given the nickname "Michelin Man" by one of my teammates.

I couldn't figure out why this would bother you, but then I googled it and realized that I was confusing the Michelin Man with the Joor Muffler Man. Did you kick him in the nads?

mufflerman_escondido400.jpg
  • dietcoke29
    dietcoke29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had medical assistants weigh me and say oh wow you don't look like you weigh that much. It was probably a compliment (backhanded). Whatever I don't take what people say to heart anyways. I'm tall what can I say.
  • On the rare occasion that I would actually TELL someone what I weighed (before I started losing any weight) I was told more often that not that I "could not POSSIBLY weigh that much" and I "really carry it well."

Ummmm...yeah....thanks. So I'm fat all over, is what you're telling me??

:explode:

This is me, all the time! I actually don't mind though, because I'd rather carry it everywhere than all in one area :(
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    "Don't get too skinny" :grumble:
    "Don't get too bulky" :noway:
    "Your shoulders are looking manly" :angry:
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I haven't had too much ridicule, thankfully, but last summer I was riding my bike with my husband and 4 year old daughter and an equally fat person driving a mini van screamed, "Get your fat f*#&ing *kitten* off the road"

Seriously? I was out getting exercise with my family, following the rules of the road, and this woman assaulted us and her van full of children with disgusting language. I just smiled, waved, and kept going. She responded by screaming, "F#*k You!" as she drove off.

It did make me feel a little sad, and very angry that my daughter had to witness this. I just told my daughter that there are really mean people in the world and the way to handle it is to respond with kindness. She was very confused and scared.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    meh too many to care anymore

This.

But as a first, our best man's psycho girlfriend posted all over her facebook about me being fat, accused me of stealing the engagement ring that she threw (multiple time) in a drunken rage at our house, then said it wouldn't fit on my pinky.

I actually found humor in that because we DID find her ring and it was bigger than mine. And she's a crazy, addict so I was not offended by her words at all.

Crazy, meet mirror.
  • nklp
    nklp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Some of my closest guy friends who said between them "you used to be such a catch" and "yeah, you were so hot before" and "now I don't get why anyone would go for you" and promptly stopped hanging out with me. Some friends they were...
  • ajmaupin
    Options
    Lets see....

High School- "You would be so pretty if you weren't fat" (I was 5'4" and 165 lbs)

Sophmore year of College- A guy I worked with saw my senior pic (I had lost 20 lbs after the incident above) and asked me "What the hell happened to you, you used to be pretty" (I was 210 lbs)

Senior year of college- I worked at the mall and every couple of weeks, people would oink at me, call me "fat *kitten*" and other names. Never the same people but it was odd that people would do this in public (I was 230 lbs)

Needles to say, I do not much care for people....
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    My favorite question asked was "how can you still run since you've gotten so fat?" I wont lie, i did put on 40 pounds when i got my new job. i went from being on my feet all day to sitting at a desk. Sometimes these types of people can really get in your head. I use it as motivation when i run.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    while i wouldnt label it as hurting my feelings this was about a week or two ago.

was at the gym doing my normal workout when a lady came in. she used to work there so she knew me when i first started working out. then i was 296 and now im around 240.

she complimented me on losing the weight and then said, "I bet you feel better looking at yourself in the mirror than you used to "

she assumed i some how just hated myself and would cry myself to sleep every time i looked in the mirror. couldnt be further from the case. i never hated myself when i looked in the mirror and pretty much have the same reaction i do now as i did then. Im not doing this to be more well liked by ladies or to get laid or to even be healthier. I am doing this to play basketball better. what someone thinks of me then or now has no bearing on my continuation of working out and eating better and i feel bad for folks that let others dictate how you feel about yourself.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    One that will always stick with me, is a boyfriend who told me he'd be attracted to me if I'd lose weight and explained that was why we weren't as physical as we should have been in a new relationship. But he said that he wanted to keep trying to become attracted to me, because he liked so many other things about me and would help me out. We're still "friends" on facebook, and I secretly hope that he sees me now and just bangs his head on the door. What an a$$wipe.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I was once told that I looked like an albino starving Ethiopian. And this wasn't even when I was underweight. I was still at a healthy BMI, just on the lower end.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    One that will always stick with me, is a boyfriend who told me he'd be attracted to me if I'd lose weight and explained that was why we weren't as physical as we should have been in a new relationship. But he said that he wanted to keep trying to become attracted to me, because he liked so many other things about me and would help me out. We're still "friends" on facebook, and I secretly hope that he sees me now and just bangs his head on the door. What an a$$wipe.

i never understood that. i mean you fall for someone you find all around pleasing, looks, personality etc....why get into a relationship if youre only attracted to 50% of a person.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I had a small party at my house. One lady there had lost about 40 lbs (and looked fantastic). Another woman (who herself was overweight as much as I was...) said in front of everone, well maybe you can give *** (fill in my name) all of your fat clothes you don't need anymore. I was humiliated, hurt, angry and upset. I kept my mouth shut but I cried myself to sleep that night. This was a 35+ year old woman who said this not a mean teenager. I could never be around her again & severed our friendship.
  • wardances
    Options
    Eff those people! I would've told them off! I hope things get better for you, OP.

"You know, I just don't think you're made for working around people. Maybe if you wore some make-up to cover up all your acne and got a job in the construction industry or something... You just... you NEED to wear make-up, okay? Otherwise you just won't get anywhere in life. Either way, you shouldn't be around people. Why can't you be more like your sister?" That stellar quote was from my dad at 18. Later that day my mom followed it with: "He's got a point, ya know. And you could really stand lose a few pounds... or fifty."

I was 5ft 2in and 180 pounds because I still lived at home and my mother didn't think food was a necessity for me so anytime I came across it I gorged like crazy.

/sigh

Thankfully I moved out and met my husband three years later. It's hard to feel ugly around him because when he's home he spends half the day chasing me around the house, playfully pinching my bottom or squeezing me, and telling me how beautiful I am. And each time he acts like it's the first time he's said it to me all day... secretly, I think he does it just to see me blush every time. :blushing:
  • linzchapates
    Options
    My dad passed away when I was 10, didnt' deal with very well turning to food. When I was about 13 I overheard my mom talking to her friend about how large I had got and how fat my face got (I was maybe 130-140 lbs) 5'4... she even did hand gestures to excentuate my face size.... almost 15 years ago and it still hurts...
    You aren't blind and naive to gaining weight, I think you just secretly hope it isn't as noticeable to everyone else... it just sucks when you think the worst of yourself and someone you love not only thinks it too but uses it to describe you to other people .... not cool
  • KiraBaby20
    Options
    Ugh. So this may not sound as mean as some of the other ones, but I went on a first date with a guy and he told me my face was too fat and that he just couldn't get past it!. Other then that I was great according to him. I can change my waist line with calorie restriction and exercise, but i have big cheeks just like the other woman in my family so it is not something I can change. It really hurt my feelings and I remember going home and youtubing ways to make my face appear skinnier with make-up!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Ugh. So this may not sound as mean as some of the other ones, but I went on a first date with a guy and he told me my face was too fat and that he just couldn't get past it!. Other then that I was great according to him. I can change my waist line with calorie restriction and exercise, but i have big cheeks just like the other woman in my family so it is not something I can change. It really hurt my feelings and I remember going home and youtubing ways to make my face appear skinnier with make-up!

Horrble!! Your cheeks are fabulous and so cute :) What a d-bag
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Horrble!! Your cheeks are fabulous and so cute :) What a d-bag

I agree, I think your face is beautiful, and those lips of yours are to die for.... Screw that *kitten*.(Actually dont) :bigsmile: