Logging through the holidays challenge

Options

Replies

• efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Good evening all,

I'm still logging even though I'm not being as angelic as I should! Think tomorrow will be my 105th day...

efcdcdb - no plans for the weekend, well nothing exciting anyway. Need to find somewhere for the boyfriend to get measured for a suit for a wedding in 4 weeks time. I have got myself a little black dress, just need some heels and a clutch!

A little black dress. That sounds fun! I am going to a wedding on November 27th. I bought an ivory dressy blouse a few weeks ago, and plan to where it with black dressy pants. But I haven't tried on the pants in awile so I probably should check them out - LOL!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Weekend weather here (Western New York) isn't looking too promising so I'll probably stay in. I do have some computer "work" to do, to get ready for a geocaching trip that I am taking next Thursday and Friday....not sure if anyone knows about geocaching?
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Okay, have been logging (and staying within or under) and exercising faithfully. Today I am up 2 pounds! (I'm thinking this is due to my special little monthly friend...do any of you other ladies gain at this time?) Frustrated, but not giving up!!!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Okay, have been logging (and staying within or under) and exercising faithfully. Today I am up 2 pounds! (I'm thinking this is due to my special little monthly friend...do any of you other ladies gain at this time?) Frustrated, but not giving up!!!

Well, at my age, I don't have to worry about THAT anymore.:laugh:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Did really good with logging food last 2 days. Hotel we stayed at had free computer in lobby so I logged on Thursday night and entered my VERY HIGH CALORIE dinner and 3 chocolate chip cookies I ate! (Scary numbers there!) Then my phone battery died so I had to keep a manual log of what I ate during the day on Friday but entered it when I got home Friday night. Surprisingly, I did really well. I ate close to my normal breakfast at the hotel, really didn't have any snacks at the meet, was very mindful of what I ate at lunch and ended up not eating dinner until we got home. I was starving but it was so late, I just made some egg whites and canadian bacon (that could explain some of those dreams!). Weighed this morning and I'm down 1.4 lbs. for the week! Now, I have to get a workout in.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Good job Cardbucfan! Perseverance is the key! Right now (Saturday afternoon) I am starving. I am doing odds and ends around the house, and will be going out for dinner later, so....I am trying to be good.

How's everyone else in our challenge group doing? I haven't heard from a lot of you. :grumble: Hope you are all busy logging!
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Still logging away. I had a Soup Swap at my house yesterday afternoon & had a couple of naughty snacks out, which I managed to avoid until about 5pm. I ate what I thought was a pretty conservative amount, then stopped. After everyone left I logged what I ate & was shocked at how many calories I consumed in such a small amount of food! Thank goodness I stopped because I ended up just under my calorie goal for the day. I went to bed a bit hungry, but I was determined not to knowingly eat over my calorie goal. I am so glad I stuck with the program because if I hadn't I know I would have been feeling guilty this morning instead of proud! And, as a bonus, my 2 lbs TOM weight is magically gone this morning. YAY!!!!!
  • leah660
    leah660 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just started today but I really want to do make this work and having this to make me accoutable will be good. :happy:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm in for sure!! So far so good. :)
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options

I always gain for a couple of day usually the day that I am starting and the next day minimum. Then it suddenly just disappears, retained water, maybe?
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I haven't had a period in years (back to back to back pregnancies lol) but I always used to gain around that time of the month and then drop it once I started.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    I am so glad I stuck with the program because if I hadn't I know I would have been feeling guilty this morning instead of proud! And, as a bonus, my 2 lbs TOM weight is magically gone this morning. YAY!!!!!

"Yay" is right! That's exactly what we all need to do....indulge every now and then but don't go overboard!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    We have 2 two new members for our challenge: Leah660 and AmandaR910. Welcome!

How 'bout the rest of the group? Everyone still in?? :frown:

I baked cookies this morning, and nibbled a bit, but I logged some Quick Add calories. I'm going out shopping now for a little while so that should keep me from away from the cookies!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    How 'bout the rest of the group? Everyone still in?? :frown:

Still here and still logging...

Came home from work today and felt really tired but had a cup of tea and then went on the exercise bike! I want to lose a few pounds for the wedding I am going to 3 weeks this Saturday. Hmm...need some magic working on my bingo wings...

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Simone
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Hey everyone - not too many posts lately. Hope everyone is still logging. I will be away from my computer most of the day Thursday and Friday, so I may not log in. But I probably will, at least for a little while at the end of each day. Hope to see tons of new posts, updating the group how you have fared with this first week of "logging through the holidays!".
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Still logging here!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    didn't log on Sunday, went to a funeral, got depressed and we got take-out Chinese for dinner. Good, but I couldn't remotely figure out how many calories it was! I've been logging since and have gone over the last 2 days on calories. Not been fun around here, younger son making me NUTS and driving me to drink. (14 yr. olds-gotta love 'em or I'd be in jail!). Planning to get back to normal eating tomorrow and make better choices but no matter what I'll keep logging it in. Depressing to see those numbers pop up red though.
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm still here and logging. I've just also been super busy but still logging.
  • FitRosie
    Options
    I'd like to join you. I need to log calories or I end up over eating. Everything has been logged so far today though. I wish they would come out with an app for blackberry though. It would make everything so much easier.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    good job to everyone who has logged...it looks like we lost a few folks but those of us who are here will succeed!! I tried logging Thursday night using motel wireless but it was so slow. I am home now and all caught up! I ate a lot, kind of, but did a lot of walking, too.