November Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Got 3 miles in today! Woot woot! Now, if I can get to 20 miles before the 10th, I can most likely up my goal to 70
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello, Have got in over 5 miles today, the weather has been really nice (nothing like the forecast) so a real bonus :laugh:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    2.68...i want to double that tomorrow. going to update ticker now.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    This challenge is a great idea, but my goal will be 50 miles by Thanksgiving. I am excited about this!

exercise.png
  • kara_leigh
    Options
    I only walked 2 miles today, but I walked in our neighborhood for the first time and there are a TON of huge hills, so I burned more calories. I had a fight with my husband and was feeling down and mad, so I figured since it was a nice day I might as well go for a walk to burn off steam. My 11 year old son came with me. Next time (as long as it stays nice outside) I'll try to go longer. :)
  • esorcel
    Options
    I walked two miles today. Felt great when I was finished. Determination is going strong.

exercise.png
  • erhone62
    erhone62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this, but I am not sure if I can stick to it. I rarely stick to anything. I am going to set my goal for 25 miles by the end of November
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I did over 2.5 miles today and completed my second Couch to 5K session! It's awesome, I'm really doing it! I feel amazing!

You all are doing so good too! I love seeing all those great numbers. I'm proud of this group! :D

@ erhone62 - Welcome to the group, hun! You CAN do this. Get rid of that icky negative "I don't stick to anything" way of thinking. Because, you know what, whatever you think about yourself, whatever you think you are - you're right. So think good things about yourself! I used to think I was lazy and ugly and I was right, when I started thinking I was active and happy and a beautiful person then I started to become it. Where your thoughts lead your body and life follow. So think good things of yourself. KNOW that you can do this and you can. *hugs*
  • leah660
    leah660 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. Is there a set minium number of miles for Nov? I was thinking I should be able to do 30 miles by the end of the month. Is there a place to keep a log of our miles each day or do we just post them? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new, just joined today and am looking for ways to motivate myself. :laugh:
  • esorcel
    Options
    Found out I had actually walked 3 miles, instead of 2, last night doing brisk walking for 1 hour. Completed 4.6 miles this morning. What a challenge!

exercise.png

weight.png
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Ran 3 miles, walked 0.5 mile today!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello, Yet again another 5 miles today.....5 miles seems to be the pattern the last few days and all walks have been on different routes !!! I'm not complaining lol :bigsmile:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    6.95 miles on the bike! woot!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i just finished 6.2 miles on the treadmill...some running but mostly walking...got a movie from netflix done - gonna walk it up to the mail box to send back...i'm almost halfway to my goal for the month....thinking i might need to up the goal :) challenge myself a bit more...keep me on track this month...
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. Is there a set minium number of miles for Nov? I was thinking I should be able to do 30 miles by the end of the month. Is there a place to keep a log of our miles each day or do we just post them? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new, just joined today and am looking for ways to motivate myself. :laugh:

You can set your own goals to whatever you feel you can do that will also challenge you. You can make a ticker at: http://www.tickerfactory.com/ Put the code for it in your signature and that will help you keep track of your miles. :)

Welcome to MFP! I hope you find it as helpful and supportive as I have! If you have any questions feel free to ask. By the way, this site works best when you have at least 20 active people on your friends list who are supportive and encouraging, so I recommend you start sending out friend request and get some good and supportive people on your friends list! :D
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Bump to find it later...
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Had a good weekend. Logged six miles on Sunday even though there were more walking than running. My roomate went with me and it was so nice to not be out there freezing by myself! My 10K is Sunday so my training schedule is fairly light until then. I should finish up this week around 12 miles. We'll see how it goes, I have yet to actually run a full 6.2, but I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Congrats to everyone else on their successes last week. You're all doing awesome!! :)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Two miles, even though I'm sick. Hopefully I'm well enough in a couple days.
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Current count 17.5 miles
    Goal 75 miles

ran 5 miles straight on saturday! woo woo!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    walked 3.75 miles in the neighborhood today!