What yummy food is worth being obese for?

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    You realize you can have all the yummy foods without becoming obese, right? That's what portion control is about.

This is the truth. Sometimes a person has to eliminate things in the beginning, but as you learn portion control you'll be able to work your favorites back in to your life, if you still want to.
  • Transformer711
    Options
    You realize you can have all the yummy foods without becoming obese, right? That's what portion control is about.

Soooooo true! Last week my sister came back from the US with a New York Cheesecake. I love cheesecake too much, and yes, I had a few slices. But not only did they taste AH-MAZING, I also did not completely undo all the hard work I've put in so far. In fact, I still lost weight last week.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Sugar is tricky like that but remember nothing is worth your health and happiness.

muuhahahahaha be wary of the sugar demons...
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    none!
  • breakhearts
    breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Beer. Not food, but worth it. :D

Haha, for real, I'd say tamales.

I don't think she's being literal. She's simply asking what foods you like. :)
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    None!
  • Matt24442
    Options
    Mcdonalds!!!!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    homemade cinnamon rolls from grandma
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Nothing worth being obese for to me but there are plenty of things that taste good enough to not have abs for. Chocolate, pizza, shortbread, christmas cookies, fudge, peanut butter balls...
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've never given up anything I like, but I have no plans to let my enjoyment of food lead to obesity. I eat less-healthy foods in moderation and I always make sure they fit into my calorie goals for the day. And I work out more if I anticipate an event that will have those kinds of foods. It's been a pretty successful strategy for my entire adult life, so I guess it's working. :)
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you are really craving something eat it but don't over eat it ! get back on track the next day
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    One doesn't have to be obese to enjoy yummy food. They just have to eat less of it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    SWEET POTATO PIE!! But I wouldn't wanna be obese eating it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    One doesn't have to be obese to enjoy yummy food. They just have to eat less of it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

blasphemy!

Oh fudge I forgot fudge
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING tastes better than being slim/thin feels.

Pie tastes better.
    Pizza tastes better.
    Donuts taste better.
    Cookies taste better.
    All things Italian taste better.
    Burgers taste better.
    Chinese taste better. (The food not the people)
    Donuts taste better.
    Pie tastes better.
    Ice Cream tastes better.
    Tacos taste better.
    Steak tastes better.
    Creamy Mac N Cheese tastes better.
    Mashed tators taste better.
    French Fries taste better.

The list goes on and on and on.

Oh..and donuts and pie taste better.

tumblr_m8056ld6we1rzjlc4o1_500.gif

:love: I love you!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    oh should have read the OP it was serious.

I always look at it like this will I feel deprived if I dont get this food, and usually the answer is No I can live without it.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    As I get closer to my target weight, and go into a maintenance lifestyle, I will start carefully enjoying a few occasional treats I've avoided this past year. (The occasional In-n-Out burger which I love and haven't had one all year for example. Or the occasional serving of dessert.)

I think a few past indulgences will remain on my NEVER consume list however. Flavored Coffeemate for example, as I've learned to enjoy black coffee (when it is a high quality brew). Just empty calories, fat, and sugar that have no place in a healthy life style.
  • SkunkMan69
    Options
    You ;) You sweet lil thang mmmmm gurl
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Anything from my mother's kitchen. Good thing she lives in a different state. :wink:

I'm planning on eating my fill however the next time I visit (next month) and just working it off when I get back.:happy:
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Yummy foods worth being obese for: pizza, cupcakes, chocolate cake with frosting (heck any cake). Foods not worth it: yucky peanut butter, ice cream and anything with mint in it... just yuck!