Breasts, leave them or Augment them?

Options

Replies

• Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    In my experience, if a guy says 'they're fine' - he actually means that and without any hidden 'zomfg he used the 'f' word' bs that a lot of women tend to put on the word 'fine'. It's a perfectly acceptable word. Also, a typical hetero or bi male will be grateful you are there and showing him your boobs. Big, small, perky, droopy, wrinkly, whatever....they're breasts. They're happy.

So, this sort of thing definitely needs to come down to what an individual is happy with and not what they worry about other people thinking.

Personally, most fake boobs look like fake boobs to me, and they're overdone or just not necessary. However, that's a personal opinion. If you absolutely know something like this will fix issues you have, then you should do it - but I would definitely accurately assess yourself objectively and how you will feel after, because if it's not going to make you feel better, then why do it? :)

I do see the benefit of checking into a lift first too and seeing if that would be something you're interested in rather than an augment. But again - to each their own. Just do it for you and for the right reasons!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    It's apparent that women care more about what boobs look like than men....

seems to be the case.

is $7k really going to make you happy?

maybe get a couple quads and enjoy them
    maybe get new floors or quartz countertops
    maybe a jetski and a trailer

i think $7k can be spent on more fun/useful things than bewbs.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

I think this is very very true. I like natural, no matter the size. My sister had augmentation .. and her boobs move in funny ways now. Sorry .. just cannot accept it as a good thing.

ah poop really? I'm sorry for making you think of your sister's breasts, but how do they move differently from natural breasts? I really love the look of a woman who has that slight bounce at the top of her breasts when she walks, I think it looks fantastic and I can see from the men around me, that they enjoy it too. Maybe they're too big for her skin?
  • nainai0585
    Options

I think this is very very true. I like natural, no matter the size. My sister had augmentation .. and her boobs move in funny ways now. Sorry .. just cannot accept it as a good thing.

ah poop really? I'm sorry for making you think of your sister's breasts, but how do they move differently from natural breasts? I really love the look of a woman who has that slight bounce at the top of her breasts when she walks, I think it looks fantastic and I can see from the men around me, that they enjoy it too. Maybe they're too big for her skin?

I don't plan on being HUGE, just where I was before, which is a DD. I have all the skin for it, but none of the fat tissue.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm leaning towards an augmentation but cannot do so for another few years due to finances (I need to save $ and I've seen quotes for $7000 + here in Canada).
    How was the scaring and healing time? was it minimal?
    A breast lift doesn't appeal to me due solely to the lollipop scar.

If you have significant sagging, you will be better off with a lift + augmentation. I've seen breasts that really needed a lift with an augmentation. This is NOT a look you want! Think nice full balloon with small droopy water balloon dangling from it.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options

"As far as the price, I had mine done in Houston and it was a little over $5,000 but I also had some lypo & scar revision done on some old surgery scars. I plan on going back to the same plastic surgeon as before since he did such a great job. He quoted me $5,000 for replacements next year."

"^^^^ This alone would deter me. $5,000 every 10 years or $500 per year, $41.66 per month.... for life~~~ So this is another payment on top of cars, on top of a house, etc.

Curious what happens if you do not replace in 10 years? What happens if you just want them out?
    "

That's a lot of $ to spend for the rest of your life on boobs, IMO. You can't just have them done once, they have to be replaced every 10 years. Surgery every 10 years just for boobs. I'd rather go to Europe on vacation instead!

Different people have different wants. I'd rather pay 40 a month to be happy with my body rather than, idk, drive a more expensive vehicle.

I agree. My money = my priorities, your money = your priorities. Also, having enough money to do everything you want helps so there's no tough decisions like boobs or mortgage. Advising others based on your wallet is silly.
  • nainai0585
    Options

"As far as the price, I had mine done in Houston and it was a little over $5,000 but I also had some lypo & scar revision done on some old surgery scars. I plan on going back to the same plastic surgeon as before since he did such a great job. He quoted me $5,000 for replacements next year."

"^^^^ This alone would deter me. $5,000 every 10 years or $500 per year, $41.66 per month.... for life~~~ So this is another payment on top of cars, on top of a house, etc.

Curious what happens if you do not replace in 10 years? What happens if you just want them out?
    [/quote]"

That's a lot of $ to spend for the rest of your life on boobs, IMO. You can't just have them done once, they have to be replaced every 10 years. Surgery every 10 years just for boobs. I'd rather go to Europe on vacation instead!
    [/quote]

What happens to them in 10 yrs is a big issue for me too - what if there's a zombie apocalypse and my implant bursts and there's no doctors around, let alone running for my life trying not to get eaten. That's a lot to deal with. This is one of the reasons that is deterring me from doing it (not the zombie thing, but having to spend more $). I already have an expensive hobby (horses), can I afford those beautiful luscious breasts too? What happens if I fall off my horse and they burst and I'm on the trails with no one around? The cons are neck and neck with the pros. Its a good thing I have to wait to make that final decision.
    If I decide not to, at least I have the $ to go away, but not Europe, the Caribbean - I'm leaving Canada to go someplace warm, not another cold place....oh, and the All-I-Can-Drink booze lol
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    how do they move differently from natural breasts? I really love the look of a woman who has that slight bounce at the top of her breasts when she walks

Bolt-ons don't move like natural breasts at all while walking
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I always had large breasts and they are over-rated.
    Mine sagged badly after weight loss in my 30s. At that time re-shaping and re-construction was a semi-major surgery in that my nipple would have to be re-located and I would have loss of sensation. ie it would look good but feel numb (the nerve had to be severed) perhaps surgery has improved since then but I couldn't see the value in it looking fab but doing nothing for me. I wouldn't have been able to breast feed although that wasn't a huge issue for me.
    I decided against it but now in my later years I think I might consider it.
    Yes saggy breasts ( like mine) aren't all that attractive and if I was single I might lean towards it.

So if your nipple pedicle has sagged hugely you may lose the nerve as they will need to cut it and you will have no sensation in your nipple. If you have minimal sag it wont.

Women with smaller breasts are very lucky.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    you may lose the nerve as they will need to cut it and you will have no sensation in your nipple.

And this, ladies, is the #1 reason why most men don't rate fake boobs
  • nainai0585
    Options
    I always had large breasts and they are over-rated.
    Mine sagged badly after weight loss in my 30s. At that time re-shaping and re-construction was a semi-major surgery in that my nipple would have to be re-located and I would have loss of sensation. ie it would look good but feel numb (the nerve had to be severed) perhaps surgery has improved since then but I couldn't see the value in it looking fab but doing nothing for me. I wouldn't have been able to breast feed although that wasn't a huge issue for me.
    I decided against it but now in my later years I think I might consider it.
    Yes saggy breasts ( like mine) aren't all that attractive and if I was single I might lean towards it.

So if your nipple pedicle has sagged hugely you may lose the nerve as they will need to cut it and you will have no sensation in your nipple. If you have minimal sag it wont.

Women with smaller breasts are very lucky.

Being a DD throughout my late teens and twenties until this year when I lost the weight and am now a saggy D, I know what you mean about the perkier smaller breasts. A very good childhood friend of mine has always been an A/small B and they still look fantastic - lucky duck.
    What's the point in the surgery if you loose sensation! I would have made the exact same decision as you had.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    My nipples were replaced (eww, right?) and I have total sensation in them. It did take a few months, because the scars and everything hurt for a while after surgery.

I couldn't be happier with my results, really. I won't get them done again, but I'm glad I combined my no-fun surgery with a nice treat :) It didn't cost much at all for me, because I was already having required surgery on the one boob.
  • nainai0585
    Options
    My nipples were replaced (eww, right?) and I have total sensation in them. It did take a few months, because the scars and everything hurt for a while after surgery.

I couldn't be happier with my results, really. I won't get them done again, but I'm glad I combined my no-fun surgery with a nice treat :) It didn't cost much at all for me, because I was already having required surgery on the one boob.

What about later on, will you need to have them replaced or some other surgery for the breasts?
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I just don't think I could ever get implants.....unless maybe I had to have a mastectomy and was uncomfortable with what was left. After having and breast feeding 3 kids I would however have fat replacement done. My OB is also a plastic surgeon and I have talked to him about it; he has his own office now and performs this along with many other surgeries there.

But I wouldn't go crazy big, just a full B, maybe small C. Too many big chested friends to know that large breasts are not what I would personally want. Just something to fill out a bikini top nicely.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

What about later on, will you need to have them replaced or some other surgery for the breasts?

Nope. They were just cut tighter and that's that. They'll still age, but everything is like it was before, just tighter. It's like I got several years put back on them, lol.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Mine never get smaller than a DD no matter how much weight I lose.

Ditto. And I'd rather spend the money on a tummy tuck than a boob job. But hey, whatever brings you confidence.
  • pinky6767
    Options
    There are some amazing surgeons here in canada. after i had my son , i wanted augmentation. My husband kept saying i didn't need them, i didn't need them. I think he was afraid once i had them, i'd start running around everywhere topless heeheee. I did it just over 4 years ago and love them to death. They made me feel more confident and balanced. Since i'll never be a hipless girl. I was up and roaming around within a few days and you couldn't find scars if you tried..i hope this helps you. Do it for you, and you only. By the way, my husband is now thrilled with them and i don't mind him looking at them , whereas before i was a little self conscious.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I looked into a lift, but I don't want the scars. I've always been large chested. It's also the first place I gain/lose weight, but I never get below a D cup. After having my son they don't snap back the way they used to. :cry:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I had implants done in 2002, and they've given me no problems since then, and they look GREAT. But not all implants are created equal, as some of the anecdotes in this thread will attest. Mine look so good, that when I've told people they were implants, they were shocked. They "bounce", and they don't look "bolted on", which is usually the hallmark of above-the-muscle implants and the hamburger-shaped standard implants. And most importantly, they're proportional to my frame. My bust measurement is now within an inch of my hip measurement, giving me the hourglass figure I was looking for. I went with "high profile" implants which are slightly cone-shaped, giving more projection and a more natural shape. The so-called "anatomical" shape implants don't look as natural to me as the high profile ones do.

My advice in a nutshell:

1. Find a really good female plastic surgeon. She will be less likely to give you clown boobs than a male surgeon who is thinking about them more from the perspective of the viewer than the person who has to carry them around everywhere.

2. Don't worry about scars unless you know you tend to scar badly. Inframammary incision site is usually the best, unless your surgeon recommends armpit, navel, or aureola. Unless you have a tendency to scar badly, the scars will fade very well over time, especially if you have pale skin. And if you're in a position that someone is looking for your surgery scar, chances are they already know you have implants, so who cares?

3. Go for under-the-muscle placement, rather than over-the-muscle. The outline of the implant is much less obvious with a layer of muscle over it, and it doesn't impair the function of the muscle at all.

4. Don't go into a consultation saying you want to be a "D cup" or whatever. Bring photos of clothed models in bikinis that have your overall body type, that have the overall proportion you're looking for. Cup sizes are not well understood by most people, so what you think is a D cup and what your surgeon thinks is a D cup are probably two different things. Make sure your surgeon understands that you're more concerned about them being too big than you are that they won't be big enough. That will give your surgeon the idea that they need to be more restrained than if they were operating on a stripper or something.

5. Get a new bra fitting after your new breasts have "dropped". And don't be alarmed if the cup size letter is further along in the alphabet than you expected, most people wear the wrong band size, and therefore the cup size they're used to is not the cup size they actually have. True A, B, and C cup breasts actually aren't as common as people think. I'm a 32E, but you'd never know it to look at me, you'd probably guess a C cup if I was wearing a T-shirt. But I have a small rib cage, so the cup size ratio turned out to be an E.

6. Massage your augmented breasts properly, so that the "pocket" can form. The more room you have in the pocket, the more your breasts will move, and the more natural they will look.

7. Before you even think about getting an augmentation, try getting a proper bra fitting at your current size. You might have better boobs than you think you do.

8. Don't get implants because you think another person will like your body better. Do it because you'll like your body better, or don't do it.

9. Do your homework. Check out your surgeon online. Don't go with the lowest bidder. With cosmetic surgery, you usually get what you pay for. Doing it right the first time is much cheaper than having to fix a botched job. I paid $6,000 for mine in 2002, but they turned out perfectly. And they're still going strong, 12 years later.

10. LESS IS MORE. You don't want to look like the letter P. :laugh: