Whats the meanest thing someone said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Being told by my mother-in-law that I was fat. THAT was the moment...

UGH I can't imagine having someone say something to me as an adult, especially a family member.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Buying a new toilet seat with the boyfriend. I point out one and he says the legendary words:

"Do you think your *kitten* will fit on there?"

:noway:
  • GADavies
    GADavies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The meanest thing anyone has said about my weight? That it's above average.

Ok ok, I'll get my coat...
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    You look sick, eat a steak or something.
  • huv123
    huv123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had a fight with my mom over my eating french toast (she thought it was too fattening to eat) and she told me that I was bigger than my then pregnant sister in law. The irony is that I was so hurt by her I put on another 40 pounds just to show her (negative feedback does not always spur change in the way you would expect =(

I would get called fat a lot by my brothers especially when a kid (even when I wasn't) and it really skewed my idea about my body. I was at one point 120 pounds and if you had told me that I looked like i was 400 pounds I would have believed you.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I worked at a bank previously and one customer couldn't be bothered to remember my name. he had already alienated the entire staff so I was the only one who got the pleasure of dealing with him. He came in and asked the front desk, "where is that fat girl with blond hair?". The girl at the front desk thought it was hilarious and then told everyone what he said... because you know it was totally appropriate. She didn't bother telling him my name because it was funny to her and then they both just kept calling me that when they were together.

In hindsight I should've said something to her but I was so hurt...
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Called too skinny when I was 119lbs, now called fat at 129 lbs! I'm 5'7"
  • huv123
    huv123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I noticed some clothes were missing from my wardrobe. I asked my mother had she seen them and she told me she put them in the chairty bag because I had gotten too big to wear them. I flipped out at her and took them back out of the charity bag and now love wearing all of them in front of her even though they are all too big now.

:noway: :noway: :noway: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Lets see, I've been called a whale by a group of college kids. I've been asked to stand a shelf that was supposed to hold 800 lbs (my husband and I both were supposed to see if it held us) I will never see those people again, but I'd sure like to see their faces. BTW I'm still fat and def working on it
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I was younger people would call me Mama Lucci (who is that?? LOL) and then I was always told I looked like overweight celebrities such as Star Jones when she was heavy, Oprah Winfrey, etc.
  • PaLanteChica
    Options
    I had an ex say that I was everything he ever wanted but he felt I could still be better if I lost some weight. Needless to say that's why he's an ex. lol
  • brianages
    Options
    This was the most polite and professional dig ever!

I was at the Doctor's office and he was reviewing the notes on me from another Doctor. He was reviewing the notes audibly when he read "a well nourished white male xx years old". I was really impressed by the "well nourished" comment in that it was right to the point without being too personal.

That higher education paid off.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    In my high school, I was on the track team. I was never the star or anything but I was not bad either- just middle of the pack. When we first started, the coach (who looked more like a female santa claus with her huge belly) pulled me aside to see if I really was in track for the right reason b/c she thought that I was only there to lose weight. Hmmmm. Really? At the time, I wore a size 7-8 and was probably about 150 lb- so not skin and bones but a far cry from being overweight. It really made me feel fat though. Still, I stayed in track and continued to run the mile and 2 mile that year but didn't do it the next year.
  • PaLanteChica
    Options
    I worked at a bank previously and one customer couldn't be bothered to remember my name. he had already alienated the entire staff so I was the only one who got the pleasure of dealing with him. He came in and asked the front desk, "where is that fat girl with blond hair?". The girl at the front desk thought it was hilarious and then told everyone what he said... because you know it was totally appropriate. She didn't bother telling him my name because it was funny to her and then they both just kept calling me that when they were together.

In hindsight I should've said something to her but I was so hurt...

Ouch,what a witch!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    And this year, my son was looking at the weight limit on trampolines (we were thinking of getting one) and said, "Mom, do you weigh too much to jump on the trampoline." Gee, thanks kiddo. No.
  • PaLanteChica
    Options
    "You'd be so pretty if you weren't so fat."

Or my ex husband, who refused to let me go to the gym at the same time he did, because he didn't want all his gym friends to see his fat wife.

You are gorgeous! Your ex was a loon!
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was always skinny/fit. In my late 30's I started gaining weight ... I blame my ex boyfriend. :angry:

Anyway, I worked in a medical office and a pharmaceutical rep came up to me and said "do you realize you're gaining weight?" Seriously? No I didn't effing notice. Idiot.
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    And this year, my son was looking at the weight limit on trampolines (we were thinking of getting one) and said, "Mom, do you weigh too much to jump on the trampoline." Gee, thanks kiddo. No.

Damn kids. That's what we get for teaching them to be honest!
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    My senior year in high school the basketball coach (male) asked me to consider trying out for the team because he "needed some meat under the basket". :explode:
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    When kids say it, I take it as a good "rebukin" (God love their honesty)

But when adults say it, it hurts like hell..

When family say it it, it makes me cry.

But as good old Blue Eyes says "When I find myself, flat on my face I just pick myself up and get back in the race"