phil robertson suspended from duck dynasty

Replies

• ONE THOUGHT...OPINIONS ARE LIKE A--HOLES, WE ALL GOT ONE, AND THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT.....

I think he allowed his opinion and that is all it is...... last night they said, the show is the top grossing show on tv right now and I know why it is... real people with real opinions....

the A & E network also has the right to do what they think is best for the network..... its their party and they can "cry if they want to"

I guess we all have our own opinions about the comment he made...we can agree or disagree with it... bottom line... as much as i like that show, Phil is playing with their ball so to speak.... so if they want to take their ball and go home, they can....

this has brought so much attention to the media...sure wish other things would create so much uproar.... I wish Phil had said something about all our young military men who are getting killed over seas...... now that there would be something to talk about...

GO Phil Robertson!

Or perhaps outrage over the vote to cut military pensions that I heard about on HLN this morning.
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    why is this show even a subject to talk about?

why are these people's lives even worth nothing? seriously- dumbest EVER.

I can't believe this is even a thread. ... even worse why I bothered to comment.

< and no I've never watched it>

that being said- if he was asked- he had a right to voice his opinion- right or wrong.

This. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion no matter how offensive it may be to someone else. But don't get pissed because the people who were offended voice their OPINION. The problem here is his opinion will affect their income. If you work for me and your opinion cost me money. Your *kitten* is gone. If you would keep someone as an employee that cost of money you are not a very smart business person. Sometimes you need to keep your freaking opinion to yourself. We all have opinions we don't voice for different reasons.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    my problem stands with why is one person/organizations view considered right or wrong......why is a gay persons view that homosexuality is right ok but his view that its wrong isnt ok.....just seems un-american to me

Amen brotha.

I agree with this 100%

And un-american is a bad thing right?

Go back to your shanty.

I can;t you guys blew it up
  • My question is, Why do we let what a TV star matter in what we think/feel/believe in the first place? I personally do not give one care what ANY TV star thinks, feels, or gives their opinion on. I have my own beliefs, reasons, and feelings and in my childrens world, that's what counts, not the opinion of others. As for A&E - doesn't surprise me in the least.

The big screen absolutely does not give one iota of care about or me or any of us....all they want is OUR MONEY. Simple as that and they will do whatever it takes to get it and keep it.
  • whyhelloheart
    whyhelloheart Posts: 82 Member
    I also have the right to not support A&E for their actions. You don't like the mans opinion, don't watch the show. You PC nazis will wake up some day hopefully, and realize that the 1st amendment means something. Again, hopefully not before it's too late.

But this ISN'T a First Amendment issue. At all. Not by any stretch of the imagination. The First Amendment allows you to say whatever you want without being touched by the government. A television network? Not so much the government.

A&E is his employer and an employer has every right to fire someone if they do not agree with what they are doing.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    I didn't hear exactly what He said. But I keep hearing 1st amendment and all that. Lol. This is NOT a first amendment issue. If you think it is, you might want to go back to school and study up on what the 1st amendment is. Or, go live in a country where you don't have the right to free speech, and you'll find out quickly, what it means.

While anyone can say anything without persecution, sort of, there are consequences to saying certain things. Especially when you spew hate towards a group of people.

While many like to think that homosexuality is wrong or something, the fact is, many of those people are our brothers, sisters, parents, etc, and even though I'm not gay, I take huge offense to bigotry and closed-mindedness. It's not ok. It's not.

If I said something about gays in a derogatory way at work, I would be fired. Just like if I said something about any race or religion. I have the right to say it, but the private company that employs me has the right to have rules that do not discriminate towards others.

It's shameful that people can't just accept what is.

He was very respectful in the way he said he disagreed with their lifestyle.
    Not really sure putting homosexuality on the same level as beastiality is respectful.
  • Wow, the ignorance displayed by some of you is absolutely disgusting to me. This is 2013. If you can't accept that homosexual Americans are here to stay, deserve the same rights as everyone else without being shamed as well as being told "majority rules" you truly should go back under the rock you crawled out from under.

I stopped by this thread with the hopes we had more open-minded people on here, obviously not. Happy to know the "majority rules" I am less of a citizen and two steps away from sleeping with an animal
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    And why do people hold favour to Phil Robertsons opinions, not exactly Stephen Hawking now is he?
  • Oh wow. I just read a lot of other comments in this thread. This will all be deleted soon. Hi everyone!!!
  • God forbid a person has an opinion outside of what is deemed acceptable by the masses. Everyone needs to get the sand out their you know whats.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    His opinion

I respect that

Wether or not I agree or disagree
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Wow, the ignorance displayed by some of you is absolutely disgusting to me. This is 2013. If you can't accept that homosexual Americans are here to stay, deserve the same rights as everyone else without being shamed as well as being told "majority rules" you truly should go back under the rock you crawled out from under.

I stopped by this thread with the hopes we had more open-minded people on here, obviously not. Happy to know the "majority rules" I am less of a citizen and two steps away from sleeping with an animal

Aka if we don't agree with everything you say we are bigots.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Wow, the ignorance displayed by some of you is absolutely disgusting to me. This is 2013. If you can't accept that homosexual Americans are here to stay, deserve the same rights as everyone else without being shamed as well as being told "majority rules" you truly should go back under the rock you crawled out from under.

I don't think you're reading the same thread I'm reading ...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    People have to be careful what they say in this day and age....simple as that.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    The fun experiment for this would be what if a gay guy from X corporation stands up on national TV and expresses his views on homosexuality and in turn gets fired from the company for expressing his views.

Oh how fast would a lawsuit be spun up yet its the exact same concept. Just some food for thought.
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    so pathetic!!! I use to absolutely LOVE duck dynasty but i dont think i will be watching the show any longer. A&E can kiss my butt everyone knows that is what he believes and he was simply saying stuff from the bible. People are crazy simple as that!
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    I also have the right to not support A&E for their actions. You don't like the mans opinion, don't watch the show. You PC nazis will wake up some day hopefully, and realize that the 1st amendment means something. Again, hopefully not before it's too late.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

*sigh* Maybe read the First Amendment before you start invoking it?
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Oh wow. I just read a lot of other comments in this thread. This will all be deleted soon. Hi everyone!!!

**Insert "In before the lock" .gif or .jpg here**

Mods will delete this by noon, easy
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    They shouldnt even be on tv to begin with! They are a joke..
  • chai_masala
    chai_masala Posts: 51 Member
    What's duck dynasty? ?_? Why do I care?
This discussion has been closed.