Christmas bonuses

Options

Replies

• WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I work two jobs.

Mild-mannered high school English teacher: No bonus.
    Pizza guy/dial-a-stud: A gift card for pizza from the pizza joint for whom I deliver.
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My bonus is being able to swap road running for hill running on moorland where I grew up...going back to my old town for a few days. 20+ miles of hill running awaits. As good a Xmas bonus as I would like...
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I have 6 employees and I give them 2% of their YTD earnings the first week of December. Roughly equal to a weeks pay. We had a good year this year so it was 3% :bigsmile:
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    $20 hmmmm ... Go figure! Better than nothing! I happy to have a job at this point! Its a giant corp. and every day is a challenge.. Iove my job ,but after 7 years you feel that you deserve little more than that$20...
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    We get a gift card to Macy's.... Which I bought a Kitchenaid standup mixer with this year. It is the sexy thing I have ever owned. I love it
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    no bonus for me :sad: when i worked at my old job as a manager i recieved a $50 gift card to a place that one steak costs $55 :grumble: :noway:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,870 Member
    Options
    I give my staff the equivalent of 4 weeks pay.

I want to come work for you!
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    We get 10-15% of our salary (that is taxed at almost 40% so 6%-8% bonus), and then we have a nice lunch or dinner where they hand out $50 gift cards. My previous job, we got maybe $100.

A bonus is a bonus. I agree it's not to be expected, but it should be appreciated. I do work for an amazing company so I am not complaining one bit.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    we have a christmas party every year and play steal a gift, so everyone gets a roughly $50 gift. then we give a bonus of around $200 - $1,000, depending on how long you've worked there. and, we give everyone the two days after christmas off with pay.

we're a small company, so we give as much as we can and our employees are happy to get anything. they work really hard for us, and we work really hard for them. its a great company, and we have great guys working for us. its nice to get stuff at the end of the year, but i think it means just as much that we back up our guys and give them all the support they need to be successful all year round.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I am self employed so I get nothing.

And actually when I was working for a company they didn't do bonuses. I'd get a bottle of booze from my boss though!!
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No bonus here, but my boss provides me with phones and tablets and laptops and internet service, so I don't need a bonus. I prefer my year-round benefits :)
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I got a pie one year, the choice was cherry or apple struesel. I chose apple streusel.
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I get nada, squat, zilch, nothing :(

That's about as much as I get.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    For many years we got a bonus. It was usually a second paycheck. Then one year they decided to do something different - they sent us out to lunch and then had a limo pick us up to take us to the mall shopping with a gift card to the mall. Then the bosses and our spouses met us later that evening at a restaurant for dinner. Ever since then we don't get bonuses anymore. We get gift cards to restaurants, the mall, movie theater, Petsmart (everyone is a dog lover at our office), and a local spa. I love that they take care of us and feel guilty that I really miss the bonus.

My husband gets a ham.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    We got one last year. I am doubtful about getting one this year.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    No Christmas bonus, but we do get an annual bonus every March based upon the company's performance in the previous year, so I guess it could be considered a post-Christmas bonus. However, word has come down not to expect much (if anything) next year due to massive cost overrun on a plant project.

pnifiN1.jpg
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    I get nada, squat, zilch, nothing :(

Thats the same thing I got. Except when figuring out my Christmas bonus I multipled everyone elses bonus, squared that number, then calculated the dirivitive of that times the speed of light squared and then finally times zero.

11069.jpg
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    We used to get a bonus, christmas party with free booze and a salary increase, the last time that happened was five years ago. At the beginning of this year I took a £7k drop in salary (alternative was redundancy) There's bugger all chance of us getting a christmas bonus this year :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No Christmas Bonus. Get a $15 Turkey/Ham Certificate.

Get a Performance Bonus, however. Usually about 10% of my Annual Gross,
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The voucher option is because it costs the companies less in tax... We currently get £10-£20 John Lewis voucher, which is better than nothing I guess, but one day it would be nice to have a % of the salary back, although i am not holding out any hope for such things where I am at the moment! x