how do you deal with a broken heart?

Options

Replies

• Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Seriously nothing other than emersing yourself into work or working out.....thats how I have done it through the years...keep positive and know the heart breaker is the one who is broken..
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Listen to angry music and sing along at the top of your lungs. Wine with your single friends. Do something completely selfish. Cry when you feel like it. Talk to your mom, or a close relative or friend for their perspective. Talk to a counselor. Work out while listening to angry music. Go for a long drive, and enjoy the scenery. Reflect on the bad times that led to the break up, it's way too easy to remember the good times. Enjoy being completely selfish while you are single. Go on a trip of a lifetime.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Give yourself time. Cry. Stay busy, so busy that when you go to sleep you're out in 30 seconds. Eventually it gets easier. How long depends on the individual.
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    Get with a couple Mr. Wrongs

tumblr_mekj1uciRO1qzxzwwo1_500.jpg
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Time. Finding someone new.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Just show me where to kiss to make it better.
  • IwearBatmanUndies
    Options
    marry jack and daniel,.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    It will take time to completely get over it. But until then, try to surround yourself with people you love. Keep yourself busy, do what you love doing most. Basically keep your mind busy!
    Also, pouring your heart to a close friend/relative can be very helpful too!
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Time (though if the person is still somewhat in your life, makes this part even more difficult), replace them (even just for a night here and there;-) ), hit the gym, stay busy, focus on you.

If the person is still somewhat in your life, then you're doing it wrong. Once you break up thats IT. No need to remain friends. Cordial in public should the occasion call for it? Yes. Call and talk for hours friends? NO THANKS.
    Life is about moving forward, not letting a situation that has already been decided ISNT going to work out, hold you back.
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your heart is broken from?

Let yourself go through the steps... You know, denial, anger, sadness, hopelessness, "hey theres hope", hell yeah there's hope, etc! Eat a whole carton of ice cream on the couch watching sad movies and cry your eyes out holding onto something soft, in your pajamas. Cry yourself to sleep. Wake up with swollen eyeballs.... and start to move on. Keep on movin.

I stayed busy, super busy! The busier you are, the less you think during the day, and the harder you sleep at night. Fake being happy, it will help you actually be happier.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Bubbles. Blowing soap bubbles always cheer me up.

giphy.gif

this made my day
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Look hotter than ever. Be happy. Living well is the best revenge.
  • sansey
    sansey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Make some bad decisions.
  • tiffanytshai11
    tiffanytshai11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    surround yourself with positive ppl, take time to focus on yourself, shop, and the gym. the gym was a place where I was able to think about goals that I wanted to set for myself and how I was going to change my life. time heals all wounds sweets, the nxt guy will appreciate you.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My heart is now permanently broken. I will NOT allow myself to be vulnerable again. Love hurts, sometimes too much. I've had enough hurt.

Time heals all wounds, but the scars remain as a reminder. My scars run very deep.

How do you deal with it??? One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, sometimes, one minute at a time. Sometimes crying helps.

Never again!!

Haha, when I was in my early 20s, I gave myself that speech about once per year, and I was serious! But then I would meet someone and get over it. :laugh:

LOL seriously! that was so emo...geez its a broken heart and she's 23. Life goes on. :laugh:
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite quotes:

One sure way to get over someone is to get under someone else ;)
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    nothing mends a broken heart. when your heart gets broken, whoever/whatever broke it takes a piece with them, so that no matter how many times you puzzle it back together, it'll never be completely whole again. such a cruel game.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Stay busy...and don't let it dominate your thoughts.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    take a deep breath and realize that person wasn't meant for you and did you a favor by not wasting any more of your time.....then move on \m/
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Geez...it's been so long since I had one that I don't really remember anymore...there seemed to be crying involved...sorry from the Forever Alone car of this train.