Anyone else going to be alone Christmas Day - or is it just

Options
1235»

Replies

• dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am alone today and was for Thanksgiving too. And will be for NYE. My husband is deployed.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Well, I have my two young boys, thank goodness, because my husband is deployed to afghanistan and other than those two sweet little guys, I'm alone. Keep your head up, and just say this new year will bring wonderful things!
  • elkhorncypress
    Options
    Your post really good a lot of us thinking :) Glad to know that you are not deep in sadness but reflective on your situation. Made me really think though. Merry Christmas!
  • inazgal
    inazgal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm alone now...my son went to his dad's and my entire immediate family is in Indiana. Kinda having a pity party for myself, crying and such, but I've got to get out there and go for a walk! I do have my 4 legged kiddos to cheer me! :-)
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Besides virtual connections...complete solitude.....
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It wasn't til page 3 til I realized that this thread began LAST YEAR!!! ROFLMAO :laugh:

Son & I spent a couple hours w my neighbors, then the two of us just hung out. Ok I made dinner. Fam all out of state. We had fun together. I'll be alone when he goes off to college though!!!
  • hunkofmexican
    hunkofmexican Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Im not welcomed in my family during the 364 other days of the year for about the last 15 years. The worst present i have and will always receive are the current ones that have no insight on who i am. Today i said enough and stayed in bed ignoring their invite. Family should be family All year long.....Not just on Christmas. a few more hours and it will be over...
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Until this current Christmas season, I have spent the past 7 alone. My daughter (now 23) goes to her father's family because there's lots of presents, food and company. I finally got past the 'loneliness' by convincing myself the Christmas is just ONE day. If you look at it as just another day in the week, you might be able to accept it- handle it-get over it. Things will be back to normal, possibly, tomorrow. Just turn on tv, get on the computer, take a nap, or change the furniture around, go for a walk.... things you would normally do on a day off from work or a Saturday. I don't mean to make light of the empty feelings... that's hard, but if you keep yourself from thinking about it, the day will soon be over. PS, going to church helps, if you are so inclined. :flowerforyou:

You made me feel better -- Thank you so much for this :)
  • smilesback
    Options
    A few years back, my husband was deployed during our first year of marriage. My parents are/were also disfunctional and didn't do anything for the holidays. I stayed in my pajamas and watched the Lord of the Rings Triology. It was a little sad, but just made it my frump day.

I just recorded The Triology - thanks for this idea. I think I will watch them :)
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    I will be alone on Christmas as with all holidays. My parents and all but one sibling are dead. My son lives to far away and so does my surviving sister so I will just go on a bike ride tomorrow and call it good. I don't have any decorations up, no point.
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    might as well say i'll be alone although all but one brother and their families will be there as well as my daughter and her soon to be ex and their daughter as well as some other people iwould rather not have thtere but its moms house what can i say oh yeah my parents will also be there but i'll get ignored as usual
  • smilesback
    Options
    Until this current Christmas season, I have spent the past 7 alone. My daughter (now 23) goes to her father's family because there's lots of presents, food and company. I finally got past the 'loneliness' by convincing myself the Christmas is just ONE day. If you look at it as just another day in the week, you might be able to accept it- handle it-get over it. Things will be back to normal, possibly, tomorrow. Just turn on tv, get on the computer, take a nap, or change the furniture around, go for a walk.... things you would normally do on a day off from work or a Saturday. I don't mean to make light of the empty feelings... that's hard, but if you keep yourself from thinking about it, the day will soon be over. PS, going to church helps, if you are so inclined. :flowerforyou:

Thanks, I needed that!!!

Sometimes just knowing what to do with the time helps - thank you from Me too!!!
  • smilesback
    Options
    I will have my husband and his sister then tomorrow we will spend the whole day with my son. It is not always easy to spend time with family when you are grown up. We have our issues. Sometimes I think my *loneliness* is really more about me wishing I had a better feeling about my own family. It is a personal issue of mine that I am still working through. So hopefully I will have the graciousness and generosity of heart to let it be, just let it be. Peace out.
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It will just be me and my daughter tomorrow. :(

Makes me miss home really bad

Well ,it isnt just you alone! You have a daughter! Make it exciting for her! That will make you happy too! I promise!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I'm alone every holiday with the occasional exception of St. Pattys.

You get used to it.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options

This woman has the right attitude !! I was feeling a sad about being the only one working to make a family Christmas again and
    spending quite a bit of money on food and presents. ...why doesn't this family have 1 other person that will work on it with me? I miss my Mom. She put everything she had into it right into her 80's. I will never be as great as Mom. That was the Greatest Generation and it's true.

In a year or 2 I will probably be spending the Christmases alone because my son may move far and I want to remember this
    womans comments about it is only 1 day ! :flowerforyou: