Herbalife? Anyone try this to aid weight loss?

Options

Replies

• I've been doing herbalife for almost 7 months now and its helped me lose 65 lbs gain loads if energy got rid of a few digestive issues I've had and I'm still losing weight! It might be a little pricey now but think about how much your illnesses will cost if u don't take care of yourself now. Thats how I see it.
  • seaandsun85
    Options
    I just started it, I'm on day 2 and so far so good. I don't think its expensive considering how much food/eating out can be but I didn't buy all the products, just the shakes. I am going to do 1 for breakfast and 1 for dinner with my "meal" being lunch. Looking forward to seeing if it works!
  • andreabourgoin
    andreabourgoin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i just started herbalife. if anyone has any pointers for me, let me know... what you like, don't like, what worked, what didn't work, etc.
  • gordowens
    Options
    i just started herbalife. if anyone has any pointers for me, let me know... what you like, don't like, what worked, what didn't work, etc.

I have been using the herbalife products for just shy of 3 years. Down 160lbs so far and still (as always) in progress of obtaining that end goal. I had the pleasure of marrying my coach so I can't say that didn't help just a little. Personally I love and crave my morning and lunch shake of all flavors (although the Pumpkin is my current favorite). When I started out I used silk instead of the protein drink mix however now I use the PDM and PPP (Personal Protein Powder) which helps me stay full longer. Of course like all active lifestyle changes, exercise is key. Following up a good workout with the 24 line has made a major difference as well. Good Luck!
  • K8Duprey
    K8Duprey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "Naked" brand has great protein & vitamin smoothies & juices. I find them to be the best tasting. I recently had a friend recommend Herbalife, but after researching it, I'm not that impressed. It seems just like any other shakes other companies sell. Although I've never tried it myself so I couldn't give you a well rounded review. I think for me personally, I'm going to stick with the "Naked" fruit & veggie protein juices that I can get at any grocery store. Good luck!
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If you want to try using a shake for breakfast just buy some protein powder from Walmart and save a few bucks. Same thing.
  • Bransan
    Options
    Absoloutly, one of the BEST! Lost 13kg, cleared up some major bleeding in my stomach, IBS & many more health issues. I highly recommend it, the only company that has pure Cellular Nutrition in its products, therefore it makes them different then others.
  • Bransan
    Options
    How can you judge something without having it tired...by reading a review? Looks like people like you run the World, by making judgments without actually having a go!!
  • Bransan
    Options
    if that has been proven & that happened, dont you think the company would have shut down by now? Because what you are claiming is dangerous!!
  • fashionosack
    Options
    Personally believe it is better to choose a healthy weight loss more scientific. First, Herbalife, then the price is more expensive, there must be a certain economic base; followed simply principles Herbalife diet is a meal replacement method, not more than a reasonable diet to health sciences; finally there may have side effects or rebound effect. So it is a good healthy diet, there is no good diet pills, weight loss exercise and a reasonable diet inseparable!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    plain and simple.......

DONT DO IT!!

If you want to loose weight and get a healthier lifestyle, don't take the shortcuts, EARN IT. Any weight loss product does not help with your long term goal, you will learn to depend on these processed items to help you with your journey, which is the wrong way to look at it. Also, you will continue with this fad for a while then fall off then gain it all back. I have seen it happen with myself, and with so many others who try to use products to help them. Eat clean and work hard, you can do this !! WITHOUT the shortcuts !!
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you have the money, I would suggest Isagenix. Great natural products, organic or better than (they source some ingredients from countries which don't have organic standards but are clearly superior to America in terms of food quality). I quit because of the price, and I wish I had the money to continue using the products. However, I hate people that try to pitch that THIS product will make you lose tons of weight. I lost a lot of weight while using the products, but not BECAUSE of the products... I was in a very severe caloric deficit!!! When you do that, you get quick results and then eventually, they stop. Best advice I can give you is drop cals by 500, do a little more exercise than you currently do, and eat better foods that will keep you energized. Oh, and eat like crap every once in a while... does wonders for the willpower ;) POPTART CREW OUT!!!
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Absoloutly, one of the BEST! Lost 13kg, cleared up some major bleeding in my stomach, IBS & many more health issues. I highly recommend it, the only company that has pure Cellular Nutrition in its products, therefore it makes them different then others.

What exactly is Cellular Nutrition? You mean, ****ing vitamins and minerals and fats and protein and carbs?!?!?!?!?! Lots of companies advertise this, you are incredibly ignorant...
  • jar819
    jar819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tried Herbal Life and found it very expensive and not that good. They push all these vitamins..once you eat anything "normal" you can gain weight right back. Use the myfitness pal tracker with its awesome data base of foods and drink and customize your own plan that works for you. If you want to try the shake deal, as others have already suggested you can find many on the shelves of drugstores for lots less money. Been there done that..now I'm trying to be healthy and fit the r:happy: ight way!! Good luck to you!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    How can you judge something without having it tired...by reading a review? Looks like people like you run the World, by making judgments without actually having a go!!

How can you know that arsenic is poison? Have you tried it?
  • Elyssa_38
    Elyssa_38 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    anything that you commit to will work. the key is to learn to eat healthier and keep the pounds off. many of us need something to get us started. I personally have started using herbalife and this is just twice a day and eat a healthy meal eventually i will get to just one and 2 healthy meals and then finally getting to the 3healthy meals. its all about staying committed to a plan to get healthier. I don't sell it nor am i interested but it works for me as i only do the shake no other pills. i have a tough schedule during the work days so a shake is always something easy.
  • Madzz100
    Options
    Hi ,

I tried Herbalife and it just didnt work for me!! The first time I lost about a kilo in a week after that zilch. Yes it is over-priced and not at all satisfying. If I need a dose of protein, I'd rather eat a good fix of Egg whites(4 nos.). It is so much better!! So yeah it is a big no from my side.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a pyramid scheme. Your friends will turn into life sucking zombies try to sell it to you. So be careful.
  • Chuchiiee
    Options
    This is interesting.

I just started a 4 week bootcamp where we exercise and strength train 3 times a week. You get a "free" personal trainer and everything. So I had my free consultation today...we went over my numbers (body fat, visceral fat, lean muscle mass etc).

Then they talked me into buying the meal replacer + protein supplement. They told me to have a shake 2x a day. But I'm not an avid fan of drinking (shakes, soda, juice, water, alcohol, ANYTHING) I just don't like drinking (the only thing I make myself stand is water and I'm still only getting 4-6 glasses a day). But she convinced me enough to order the duo. I decided that I would use the shake for dinner. The only reason I was interested in buying it was because I'm vegetarian that leans to veganism (I highly prefer not to drink milk, eat eggs or dairy though I do on occasion) and hardly ever make my protein requirement for the day. So I figured that would be free protein gimme points since starting strength training. But now after reading this, I'm skeptical to even try the duo. I almost want to return it.

As it is, I have trouble meeting my calorie needs everyday because my appetite just hasn't been there lately and at dinner I find myself binge eating because I still have to make that 800 calories so I don't go in starvation mode (considering I work out in the mornings for either an hour cardio or 45 min strength training).

Plus the duo of herbalife was mad expensive. I paid $90 for both and immediately got home to do research. Turns out I could have gotten it on Amazon for at least 20 bucks cheaper. I appreciate the protein content in it but after reading all of this.. I honestly don't know.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    why not take any other protein shake as a mela replacement, thats not so full of sugar.

do you even read the labels? id say theres a cause that herbalife isnt promoted in our coutry. nor can it be legally sold at pharmacies (where we get other meal replacement / protein shakes)

my friend used it. had amazing results, she lost more than 40kg. do i even need to mention that after she stopped drinkin it she got all of the kgs back?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!