What are your REALISTIC goals for 2014?

Options

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I just started back so my first goal is to track for one week (that's right, one!) and hit my exercise goal. I need to change some habits, so I'm going to make little goals for a few weeks. Then I'll reassess.
  • shortlink
    Options
    For 2014:
    I want to get to 10,000 steps a day for 5 days a week (to be labeled "active"), that would be just over 1,000 miles, but nothing like the 2,220 I saw below. wow.
    I want to drop 39lbs (from 259lbs) in 6 to 8 months
    I want to limit my intake to 1,800cals a day.
    I want to find something other than walking as my exercise, (basketball is out at 58) ;)

I should be able to lose 1.5lbs a week and reach 39lbs in 6 months, but I'm giving myself some additional time since I hit so many platues on the way down.

I started in November and I have lost 9lbs, so I think this is reasonable.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Lose these last 10 pounds and get back into an exercise routine. I also would like to go down one more size. I am in some size 6 clothes now and in all size 8 clothes. I would love to be in a size 6 at all places.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have 3 main ones..

1st is to spend as much time with my 20 y/o son who will be going away to school in the fall. He works, goes to school now, but is only 15 minutes away, gttn ready to be a few hrs away, Dad no likey!!! lol.....

2nd, drop 40 lbs, againnnnnnnn.... lol... But this time try and keep it off....

3rd take a art class, something anything different that I am already not doing. found a Raku firing course think I'm going to go throw some clay............
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Work on eliminating my love handles. (blahblah, spot reducing, blahblah, I know)
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Eat alot more fruit and veg
    drink even more water
    Not to weigh myself...... Thats going to be really hard
    Lower my body fat
    Lift heavy

: )
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'd like to swim a mile in an hour, doing all backstroke. I need to pick it up by 3 laps per 15 minutes to get there. Also, keep on doing what I've been doing to lose weight.............it seems to be working.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'd like to average 1lb a week loss (I'm expecting a higher average the first few months, tapering as I get nearer target). I have already signed up for two 10k races and a half marathon. I've run 10k in training but slowly and the furthest I've run to date is 7.8miles so half marathon is going to need some serious training but is achievable as long as I stay focused on my diet & exercise.
  • lmmo1977
    Options
    Move from 22% to 12% body fat! :)
  • nebulala
    nebulala Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My REALISTIC goals:
    1. Finally, finally, FINALLY hit the 120s -- I haven't been there since high school. I'm about 10 lbs away, 15 lbs from where I want to be. The last few pounds are the hardest, especially with that "well, I've gotten this far, I can postpone it a little longer..."
    2. A few fitness goals. 25 pushups (not knee pushups). 1 pull-up, unassisted. Maybe 2. Run a 5k in under 30 minutes.
    3. Finish school in May, start my job in June.
  • brianages
    Options
    This is where I started at so far as "diameter". I'm the one in the white shirt. This picture let me know the time had come for a diet! I didn't have a lot of pictures of myself so this is about all I could find as a refference.

2epheo0.jpg

My 2014 goal is to become a lean, mean, senior machine again!
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    lose at least another 8 pounds and start to see muscle definition on my stomach. I also plan on working out at least 4 times a week consistently.

Edit: I also wanna be able to do push ups without dying lol
  • My goal for 2014 is to fit in my old clothes by the end of the year
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My goals are to lose 20lbs by summer, and. 40lbs by next winter.

I want to go back to the gym p, even to just walk on the treadmill - I've been off for 8 months for medical reasons

I want to keep myself off meds (really awful, major side effect meds) for the year if possible. Not totally something I can control, but diet and exercise can go a long way.

And I want to try out kick boxing, but right now that seems a bit unrealistic.
  • jennimarie527
    jennimarie527 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal is to finally hit my goal weight. I have about 30 - 35lbs to go. I started my journey in Feb 2012 and am down around 60-65lbs. If I am not seeing weight come off I at least want to see my inches going down. I have noticed that inches are changing faster than the scale the last few months. Good luck to everyone!
  • kiaydemir
    Options
    1: Get rid of my Chunky tights
    2: Fit into a size 14 (UK) Diesel jeans I brought 12 years ago on sale, but never wore it :)
    3: Have equal amount of bathwater in the bath (in front and behind me ), when I sit ..: :):):)
    4: Get BMI to middle normal range
    5: Maintain weight after reached goal
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Scale goal: 150 by March. Then maintain there w/in 3 lbs. Currently I am at 160.

Fitness: add a second zumba class weekly

Fun fitness: hike twice monthly and six times on the Appalachian Trail. (Once overnight with my hubby.) That is not as hard as it sounds because there are at least two places to get on the trail near my house. It is more taking the time to schedule it.

Life: visit my daddy more - he is 80. Time's a-wastin'. Beach vacation with my hubby and kids. Spend a weekend in Asheville with my punk kid sis, just because and just us.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    1. Run 1500 miles in 2014
    2. Run a 1:35 half, hopefully the NYC Half
    3. Boston Qualify in the Paris Marathon
    4. Go from 18% body fat to 15% (down from 19% last month)
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have a few goals:
    - get to my goal weight (preferably by May)
    - run another marathon and beat my first time
    - run another half and break 2 hours (I was at 2:02 last time- so close!)
    - get into a regular weight lifting routine- I hate it so much so this will be a hard one for me
    - do 5 'real' push ups, not girly ones

Thanks for posting- it's nice to get some of these written out!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    My goal is to run a couple of 10K's. Have done numerous 5K's.